• 16.04.2024, 11:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Advice on how to connect all these Aquabus devices.

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 18:28

This is what I currently have going into my Rig

- 35 Noctua Fans (16 x 140mm and 19x 120mm) - NF-A12 PWM and NF-A14 PWM - Both 4 pin.
- 2x D5 next Pumps
- High Flow Next Sensor
- 2 Water temp fittings probes (Calitemp sensor)
- 2 Air temp probes (2-pin)
- 15 Halo Lux Digital Frames.
- Farbwerk 360

Here is what I currently have in addition to above
- Aquaero 6 Pro
- 2x Hubby7
- 4x Splitty 9
- 2x Octo PWM
- 1x Farbarwerk 360.

How would I go about connecting all of these devices via Aquabus? Would I use the Splitty9 as an Aquabus Splitter?

For the fans, I was just going to group then into 2 fans groups. All of the 140mm fans can be the same speed for Group A, and all the 120mm fans can be the same speed for Group B.

Thanks for any help. I have been trying to figure out best way to manage all of this. I would assume to just use the Aquaero as 1 centralized controller is best.

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 19:33

- RGBpx only works on USB. It is not possible to control the RGBpx with Aquabus.
- You can only connect one Octo with Aquabus to the Aquaero.
- If you want to connect more than 1 Calitemp, you need a Aquabus x4 extension for the Aquaero.
- The D5 Next Pumps require a USB connection for initial Setup and Firmware Updates. After that is done, you can remove the USB and only use Aquabus (or use both connections, Aquabus and USB)

Zitat

Would I use the Splitty9 as an Aquabus Splitter?
You can use a Splitty9 or Aquabus Y-Cables.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (3. März 2021, 19:45)

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 20:48

- RGBpx only works on USB. It is not possible to control the RGBpx with Aquabus.
- You can only connect one Octo with Aquabus to the Aquaero.
- If you want to connect more than 1 Calitemp, you need a Aquabus x4 extension for the Aquaero.
- The D5 Next Pumps require a USB connection for initial Setup and Firmware Updates. After that is done, you can remove the USB and only use Aquabus (or use both connections, Aquabus and USB)

Zitat

Would I use the Splitty9 as an Aquabus Splitter?
You can use a Splitty9 or Aquabus Y-Cables.
Okay Great, thanks for this info. So by going off of that, I think then this would be the ideal setup?

-Aquaero 6 Pro
-Aquabus High Port - Aquabus connection to Splitty 9 (or x4)
-Aquabus Low Port - Aquabus connection to Flow next meter?
- PWM Fan Header 1 - Out to Octo #1 PWM Splitter
- PWM Fan Header 2 - Out to Octo #2 PWM Splitter
- Air temp probes connected to tempature 2 pin inputs (1 and 2)

-Splitty 9 (which is connected back to Aquaero 6 via Aquabus Cable) or I would just use an X4? Wait is the Splitty9 passive? In which case would I need to use the X4 instead so they are all seen as individual?
- Both d5 Next pumps
- Both Calitemp Sensors

- Octo #1 - PWM Header 1 on Aquaero 6 pro
- All 140mm Fans

- Octo #2 - PWM Header 2 on Aquaero
- All 120mm Fans

USB Connections back to Mobo or Hubby7
-Aquaero 6
- 2x D5 Next pumps
- High Flow Next sensor???
- RGBpx Farbwerk 360 board.

Does that look right? Am I just way off?

Thanks again Hufeisen, for the help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Alderaan« (3. März 2021, 20:49)

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 22:09

-Aquabus Low Port - Aquabus connection to Flow next meter?
The High flow Next has to be connected to Aquabus High. The Aquabus Low only supports the old High Flow (without Next in the name)

- PWM Fan Header 1 - Out to Octo #1 PWM Splitter
- PWM Fan Header 2 - Out to Octo #2 PWM Splitter
The Octo is not a PWM splitter! You cant connect it to the Aquaero Fan Header.
The Octo is an independent device that can control all 8 Fan ports individually.

Wait is the Splitty9 passive? In which case would I need to use the X4 instead so they are all seen as individual?
The Splitty9 passive is the same as a Y-Cable for 9 Fans. It distributes the Input Signal to all 9 Fan connectors.
You can use it as Aquabus splitter, too, where it also distributes the input signal to all 9 Outputs. Each Device has a defined Aquabus address, and the Aquaero uses the Aquabus Address to communicate with the Devices. If two devices have the same Aquabus Address, the communication will not work.

The Calitemp Sensors are a bit different, because it is not possible to give them different Aquabus addresses. Thats why the Aquabus x4 Extension is necessary if you use two or more Calitemp Sensors. The Aquabus x4 allows the Aquaero to communicate with the Calitemp that have the same Aquabus Address by giving them a sub-address.
This requires the Calitemp Sensors to be connected directly to the Aquabus x4 Extension.

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 00:05

The High flow Next has to be connected to Aquabus High. The Aquabus Low only supports the old High Flow (without Next in the name)

Ahh Good to know, thanks!
The Octo is not a PWM splitter! You cant connect it to the Aquaero Fan Header.
The Octo is an independent device that can control all 8 Fan ports individually.

OOOH Okay, thank you! Not sure why that wasn't getting through my thick skull. So Octo is like a mini headless Aquaero in a sense.
The Splitty9 passive is the same as a Y-Cable for 9 Fans. It distributes the Input Signal to all 9 Fan connectors.
You can use it as Aquabus splitter, too, where it also distributes the input signal to all 9 Outputs. Each Device has a defined Aquabus address, and the Aquaero uses the Aquabus Address to communicate with the Devices. If two devices have the same Aquabus Address, the communication will not work.

The Calitemp Sensors are a bit different, because it is not possible to give them different Aquabus addresses. Thats why the Aquabus x4 Extension is necessary if you use two or more Calitemp Sensors. The Aquabus x4 allows the Aquaero to communicate with the Calitemp that have the same Aquabus Address by giving them a sub-address.
This requires the Calitemp Sensors to be connected directly to the Aquabus x4 Extension.
Okay, so Splitty is Passive. So Could I do this new setup below edited with your knowledge (Sorry if its still wrong). I will need to buy some Splitty9 Actives for my new setup below.

-Aquaero 6 Pro
  • Aquabus High Port - Aquabus Connected to X4
  • Aquabus Low Port - Not used.
  • PWM Fan Header 1 - Out to Splitty9 Active PWM splitter
  • PWM Fan Header 2 - Out to Splitty9 Active PWM splitter
  • Air temp probes connected to tempature 2 pin inputs (1 and 2)

-X4 connected directly to Aquero
  • Both d5 Next pumps
  • Both Calitemp Sensors

- Splitty9 Active - PWM Header 1 on Aquaero 6 pro
  • All 140mm Fans (16 fans)

- Splitty9 Active 2 - PWM Header 2 on Aquaero
  • All 120mm Fans (19 fans)

USB Connections back to Mobo or Hubby7
  • Aquaero 6
  • 2x D5 Next pumps
  • High Flow Next sensor???
  • RGBpx Farbwerk 360 board.

For this I am swapping out the Octo's for Splitty9 Active hubs. Also doing the math it seems that each Splitty9 Active hub can handle ~ 34ish Noctua fans at max PWM power usage (which I will not be running them at)

Splitty9 Can do 54w or 4.5amp via Sata

AF12 = 1.68w or .14a at max PWM

AF14 = 1.56w or .13a at max PWM

Per Splitty9 Board then
  • A12 = 32 [ 54 / 1.68 ]
  • A14 = 34 [ 54 / 1.56 ]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Alderaan« (4. März 2021, 00:13)

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 04:18

To mount/use the aquabus X4 on the aquaero you should request the 'short' screw mounts for the aquaero... I believe support can either supply them or advise what to purchase.Your op listed '15 Halo Lux Digital Frames', are they gone?

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 04:48

To mount/use the aquabus X4 on the aquaero you should request the 'short' screw mounts for the aquaero... I believe support can either supply them or advise what to purchase.
  • [attach]8214[/attach]
  • [attach]8215[/attach]
Your op listed '15 Halo Lux Digital Frames', are they gone?

Oh good to know thank you!

The Halo Lux digitals are still there. I realized though that those will need to be integrated in the farbwerk 360 somehow and not the Aqauero

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 11:59

OK, just wanted to mention that the farbwerk 360 can control up to 4 strings of 90 LEDs (360).
The Halo Lux Digital frames each have 30 LEDs, so each channel on the farbwerk 360 can do 3 frames daisy chained.
With 15 Halo Lux Digital frames, you will need 5 channels in total, which requires a 2nd farbwerk 360.

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 17:40

With 15 Halo Lux Digital frames, you will need 5 channels in total, which requires a 2nd farbwerk 360
You can use the rgbpx channel from the High Flow Next, so one Farbwerk360 is enough.

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 18:40

OK, just wanted to mention that the farbwerk 360 can control up to 4 strings of 90 LEDs (360).
The Halo Lux Digital frames each have 30 LEDs, so each channel on the farbwerk 360 can do 3 frames daisy chained.
With 15 Halo Lux Digital frames, you will need 5 channels in total, which requires a 2nd farbwerk 360.

Okay good to know thanks. I will be on the lookout for another Farbwerk 360. They seem to be out of stock in a lot of places right now, so will need to do some hunting for one.

With 15 Halo Lux Digital frames, you will need 5 channels in total, which requires a 2nd farbwerk 360
You can use the rgbpx channel from the High Flow Next, so one Farbwerk360 is enough.

How would that work with the Farbwerk 360? Since the Farbwerk 360 will be USB to mobo, and the HighFlow Next will be Aquabus to Aquaero, would the Farbwerk still be able to control the DRGB on the ones connected to the flow next? Will I need to also connect the high flow next via USB to my mobo as well for this?

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 20:22

delete pelase

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mditsch« (4. März 2021, 20:25)

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 20:24

How would that work with the Farbwerk 360? Since the Farbwerk 360 will be USB to mobo, and the HighFlow Next will be Aquabus to Aquaero, would the Farbwerk still be able to control the DRGB on the ones connected to the flow next? Will I need to also connect the high flow next via USB to my mobo as well for this?

USB is needed for each device, which has to control a RGBpx stripe. Means in your case: yes the HF next has to be conencted to USB, too. And no, RGBpx can't be syncronized via different RGBpx control devices.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mditsch« (4. März 2021, 20:30)

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 20:30

USB is needed for this device, which has to control an RGBpx stripe. Means in your case: yes the HF next has to be conencted to USB, too. And no, RGBpx can't be sncronized via different RGBpX devices.
Okay good to know. So either way HFN will be USB either way.

And from what it seems, IF I don't get another Farbwerk 360, and I use the HFN to control that last of the Halo's then I would use Farbwerk 360 for 4 of the channels, and independently would use the HFN for the last channel of Halo's connected which would not be synced with Farbwerk 360.

This sounds like a good halfway solution to use for now just to get stuff up and running, until I could find another Farbwerk 360 in stock.

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 20:33

USB is needed for this device, which has to control an RGBpx stripe. Means in your case: yes the HF next has to be conencted to USB, too. And no, RGBpx can't be sncronized via different RGBpX devices.
Okay good to know. So either way HFN will be USB either way.

And from what it seems, IF I don't get another Farbwerk 360, and I use the HFN to control that last of the Halo's then I would use Farbwerk 360 for 4 of the channels, and independently would use the HFN for the last channel of Halo's connected which would not be synced with Farbwerk 360.

This sounds like a good halfway solution to use for now just to get stuff up and running, until I could find another Farbwerk 360 in stock.

but why buy then another farbwerk360? it is then the same situation as you will have now with your farbwerk360 and HFnext and btw: I would always connect each device to USB and keep it because of firmware updates of the devices. This is only possible with USB not with Aquabus.

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 20:38

but why buy then another farbwerk360? it is then the same situation as you will have now with your farbwerk360 and HFnext
Ya, good point LOL. Don't know why I was thinking the Farbwerk 360 would sync. Then ya no point in 2nd Farbwerk.

and btw: I would always connect each device to USB and keep it because of firmware updates of the devices. This is only possible with USB not with Aquabus.
Thats right, ya I keep forgetting USB hook up is needed for firmwares and it doesn't work over Aquabus.

If I get something like a Hubby7, would there be any issues connecting all my AQ products to it for data feed? Can I do the Aquaero 6 pro, 2x D5 pumps, High Flow Next and a Farbwerk 360 to it? I know it has 7 ports but not sure if there would be any issues with all of those sending constant information through 1 MB header.

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 20:42

but why buy then another farbwerk360? it is then the same situation as you will have now with your farbwerk360 and HFnext
Ya, good point LOL. Don't know why I was thinking the Farbwerk 360 would sync. Then ya no point in 2nd Farbwerk.

and btw: I would always connect each device to USB and keep it because of firmware updates of the devices. This is only possible with USB not with Aquabus.
Thats right, ya I keep forgetting USB hook up is needed for firmwares and it doesn't work over Aquabus.

If I get something like a Hubby7, would there be any issues connecting all my AQ products to it for data feed? Can I do the Aquaero 6 pro, 2x D5 pumps, High Flow Next and a Farbwerk 360 to it? I know it has 7 ports but not sure if there would be any issues with all of those sending constant information through 1 MB header.

if that would be a problem, then everyone would have this problem who is using any USB hub. No, there will be no problem with that.

Samstag, 6. März 2021, 01:20

if that would be a problem, then everyone would have this problem who is using any USB hub. No, there will be no problem with that.
Touche LOL.

So looking my my High Flow next sensor, it has an Aqaubus port, but I won't be able to use that as an output to my Aquaero 6 pro because if I use the RGBpx port, it has to be USB and not Aquabus?

Couple of other quick questions, sorry for asking so many.
- If I got a 3rd Calitemp sensor, could I use the Temp sensor port on the High Flow Next to plug it into, if I did not plug the High Flow Next into the Aquaero 6 Pro via Aquabus?
- Would it be possible / what would happen if I used the X4 of the Aquarro 6 Pro, did a Y splitter on 1 of the AB ports on the 6 pro/X4 to connect both D5 Nexts to same port, and then connect the High Flow Next to that open Aquabus Port.

- Port 1 - High Flow Next
- Port 2 - Y Splitter to both D5 Nexts
- Port 3 - Calitemp Sensor 1
- Port 4 - Calitemp Sensor 2

Samstag, 6. März 2021, 02:51

Touche LOL.

So looking my my High Flow next sensor, it has an Aqaubus port, but I won't be able to use that as an output to my Aquaero 6 pro because if I use the RGBpx port, it has to be USB and not Aquabus?

- If I got a 3rd Calitemp sensor, could I use the Temp sensor port on the High Flow Next to plug it into, if I did not plug the High Flow Next into the Aquaero 6 Pro via Aquabus?
- Would it be possible / what would happen if I used the X4 of the Aquarro 6 Pro, did a Y splitter on 1 of the AB ports on the 6 pro/X4 to connect both D5 Nexts to same port, and then connect the High Flow Next to that open Aquabus Port.

Were this my system I would forgo aquabus to the High Flow NEXT and the two D5 NEXTs... just use USB for those three.
Then you can add up to four calitemps to the aquabus X4.
And you can use the RGBpx ports on the pumps and flow sensor.

Samstag, 6. März 2021, 05:23

Touche LOL.

Were this my system I would forgo aquabus to the High Flow NEXT and the two D5 NEXTs... just use USB for those three.
Then you can add up to four calitemps to the aquabus X4.
And you can use the RGBpx ports on the pumps and flow sensor.
So at the end of the day, what does the Aquaero line do that something like an Octo or all these devices with USB back to the Motherboard? It seems like the Aquearo line is slowing being phased out for all these independent devices.

Is there any advantage of Having the pumps and or Flow sensor connected via Aquabus?

Could I do the X4 on the 6 Pro, with 3 Calitemp probes connected and 1 Octo connected? I think according the specs of the Octo, it has 100w total / 25w per fan channel, which means I could just use 1 Octo for all my fans, and then have that connect back to Aquero.

Would that work?

Samstag, 6. März 2021, 07:14

So at the end of the day, what does the Aquaero line do that something like an Octo or all these devices with USB back to the Motherboard? It seems like the Aquearo line is slowing being phased out for all these independent devices.

Is there any advantage of Having the pumps and or Flow sensor connected via Aquabus?

Indeed, I do not see myself purchasing an aquaero in the future.
The aquaero and aquabus are useful for non-Windows systems (e.g. Linux), because the aquasuite only runs on Windows.

Zitat

Could I do the X4 on the 6 Pro, with 3 Calitemp probes connected and 1 Octo connected? I think according the specs of the Octo, it has 100w total / 25w per fan channel, which means I could just use 1 Octo for all my fans, and then have that connect back to Aquero.

Would that work?

Yes, that should work... but why slave the OCTO fan ports to the aquaero? There is no gain.
The only reason for doing so on a Windows system is if you want to control the fans with the buttons on the front of the aquaero, which, in my humble opinion, is a pain in the arse.