• 16.04.2024, 23:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Samstag, 6. März 2021, 18:22

Indeed, I do not see myself purchasing an aquaero in the future.
The aquaero and aquabus are useful for non-Windows systems (e.g. Linux), because the aquasuite only runs on Windows.
Ahh ya non-windows makes sense, since you could use the Aquaero buttons and device itself without the Aquasuite GUI. I wonder if they will ever release a 7 pro and what would that bring new to the table? Just include everything into 1? Octo, Hubby7, Splitty9 and Farbwerk360 into 1 package?
Yes, that should work... but why slave the OCTO fan ports to the aquaero? There is no gain.
The only reason for doing so on a Windows system is if you want to control the fans with the buttons on the front of the aquaero, which, in my humble opinion, is a pain in the arse.
The more I think about it, I think really its just me being so trained for so long that everything has to be connected back to the 6 pro. I was thinking of use 1 Octo vs 2 Splitty9 for the PWM fans.

So at this point the only thing the 6 pro offers me is to have more than 1 Aquabus port so I could do multiple Calitemp probes?

Samstag, 6. März 2021, 20:21

Yes, calitemp require an aquaero, 2 to 4 calitemps also requires an aquabus x4

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (6. März 2021, 20:23)

Sonntag, 7. März 2021, 01:47

Okay ya so I think then I will only use it for that.

One last question (I think). If I remove the LCD module from the 6 pro, is Aquasuite gonna freak out that the LCD board isn't plugged in? Now that I am only gonna use it for CaliTemp sensors, thinking I just take off the LCD board, run it as a board only and tuck it away inside the case.

Also still trying to get hold of support for the short screw set, cause even if I wanted to, I can't mount it in a 2.5 bay drive until I get that.

Sonntag, 7. März 2021, 02:55

Okay ya so I think then I will only use it for that.

One last question (I think). If I remove the LCD module from the 6 pro, is Aquasuite gonna freak out that the LCD board isn't plugged in? Now that I am only gonna use it for CaliTemp sensors, thinking I just take off the LCD board, run it as a board only and tuck it away inside the case.
Removing the screen is not a problem... I have done that myself.
It reports itself as an aquaero LT without the screen.
I believe the aquaero 6 PRO is granted a longer aquasuite license than the aquaero LT.
If memory serves,you can get the longer license by registering the device prior to removing the screen.

Zitat

Also still trying to get hold of support for the short screw set, cause even if I wanted to, I can't mount it in a 2.5 bay drive until I get that.
Best contact is support email, but note the response time disclaimer.
If you are not using the bay mounts, you will not need the short screw set as there should be no conflict.

Sonntag, 7. März 2021, 23:45

Removing the screen is not a problem... I have done that myself.
It reports itself as an Best contact is support email, but note the response time disclaimer.
If you are not using the bay mounts, you will not need the short screw set as there should be no conflict.
Ya emailed them a week ago, and a saw the response time is like 4 weeks or something. So sadly don't expect to hear from them for awhile, which is why I am thinking of just using it headless.

Thanks again for all the help and info!!