• 16.04.2024, 08:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

How to recover my Aquasuite settings in freshly installed Windows?

Freitag, 19. März 2021, 08:49

Hi!
My old copy of Windows died recently, and I'm unable to boot to it.
I installed a new copy, and generally, I restored everything, but Aquasuite was extremely fine tuned (I have setup with 20 fans and 2 pumps) and I spent several months tweaking everything to make it perfect. Also, I have lots of playground scripts that I want to recover and overview pages.
Is there any way to restore Aquasuit exactly as it was if I have an access to the drive where it was installed, but can't boot to that copy of Windows to make a backup?
Any help will be highly appreciated!

Freitag, 19. März 2021, 12:20

All config data is store in C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data

Freitag, 19. März 2021, 12:36

If you can read the old drive there are three folder where you may be able to salvage profiles & display pages :
  • C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data
  • C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data\profiles
  • and for some unexplained reason aquacomputer recently decided to add a third location in your Documents folder: x:\Documents\aquasuite\profiles
Any previously saved profiles/pages should be in those folders, unless you specified differing locations.

Freitag, 19. März 2021, 14:50

The profiles folder is not relevant in his case.

More important is that the aquasuite-data folder should be copied to the new system before the aquasuite is being installed. This way the setup will see there is older data available and will use it for the installation process (unless you force a fresh installation). This is important if the data comes from an older aquasuite version.

Freitag, 19. März 2021, 20:20

Oh, I thought the Profile Folder is where the individual components stored their System Profiles?

Edit: ah, I see now, the windows crash would not have affected the components profiles.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (20. März 2021, 04:18)

Freitag, 26. März 2021, 19:15

If you can read the old drive there are three folder where you may be able to salvage profiles & display pages :
  • C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data
  • C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data\profiles
  • and for some unexplained reason aquacomputer recently decided to add a third location in your Documents folder: x:\Documents\aquasuite\profiles
Any previously saved profiles/pages should be in those folders, unless you specified differing locations.

The profiles folder is not relevant in his case.

More important is that the aquasuite-data folder should be copied to the new system before the aquasuite is being installed. This way the setup will see there is older data available and will use it for the installation process (unless you force a fresh installation). This is important if the data comes from an older aquasuite version.
Thank you both, guys! It worked by the most part and I recovered almost everything.

To don't create another post, I'll ask here: For some reason, the Aquasuit doesn't see data from the motherboard trough the Hardware monitor.
Particularly, the VRM temp and several other sensors, while HWInfo see them all. I assume they use the same libs, so it's pretty odd. Here is the image:

Freitag, 26. März 2021, 20:13

*Snip*

To don't create another post, I'll ask here: For some reason, the Aquasuit doesn't see data from the motherboard trough the Hardware monitor.
Particularly, the VRM temp and several other sensors, while HWInfo see them all. I assume they use the same libs, so it's pretty odd.

*Snip*

I am not a programmer, but I don't believe there is a 'library' in play with getting sensor data.
The aquasuite does not specialize in gathering this data, and only provides some basic info atm.

If you have HWiNFO, just use it... I use HWiNFO with the aquasuite hardware monitoring options all deselected so as to keep polling conflicts from arising.

Samstag, 27. März 2021, 09:13

*Snip*

Particularly, the VRM temp and several other sensors, while HWInfo see them all. I assume they use the same libs, so it's pretty odd.

*Snip*

I am not a programmer, but I don't believe there is a 'library' in play with getting sensor data.
The aquasuite does not specialize in gathering this data, and only provides some basic info atm.

If you have HWiNFO, just use it... I use HWiNFO with the aquasuite hardware monitoring options all deselected so as to keep polling conflicts from arising.
Well, I am the programmer, and it looks like Aquasuite uses something like LibreHardwareMonitor, or similar. I do use the HW Info for monitoring, but I need a data from VRM t sensor, etc. in AquaSuite to hook up the fans to those readings.
And they were there, but gone and it's not clear it's after the reinstallation of Windows or Aquasuite. Maybe it needs some Net Framework to work properly that for some reason is missing, so I was hoping that Shoggy may help me with that.