• 18.04.2024, 05:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 Next with SL120 on x570 hero motherboard

Sonntag, 28. März 2021, 10:10

I am moving to water-cooling from AIO. The motherboard is an Asus x570 hero. I have ordered the water-cooling parts including the D5 Next pump. I have also ordered 2 packs of Lian Li SL120 unifans (3 in each packs including controller).

How do I go about connecting those fans? I want to control it based on the water temperature?

I guess i should set Lian Li unifan software to PWM. Connect the PWM cable from the Lian Li "unifan controller" to the "D5 next". Then control the fan speed in the aquacomputer software, and set the motherboard cpu header to ignore?

Is this correct? Or is the D5 next pump pwm control incompatible with Lian Li unifan controller? Or do I have to do something else?

Thx in advance.

Montag, 29. März 2021, 18:15

I came to inquire about this as well, because I just set up this config today and the included PWM cable is not communicating between the D5 and the Lian Li controller. Like you, I was hoping to control all 5 of my fans based on water temp, but perhaps the single PWM wire is not enough? Does the D5 expect a ground and speed wire too?

Hoping someone can help!

Dienstag, 30. März 2021, 17:58

I dont know about the Lian Li controller, but you can connect the Fans directly to the D5 Next, without the Lian Li Controller.

Samstag, 10. April 2021, 08:23

Connect the PWM header from the Lian Li fan controller to the D5 Next. Did you try setting the fans in the L-Connect software to PWM? Setting the fans to PWM should allow them to be controlled through the pwm cable? Does this allow aquasuite to control the fan speed ? It should work.

Not tried myself yet. I have canceled my uni fan SL120 order until I know if this will work.
I came to inquire about this as well, because I just set up this config today and the included PWM cable is not communicating between the D5 and the Lian Li controller. Like you, I was hoping to control all 5 of my fans based on water temp, but perhaps the single PWM wire is not enough? Does the D5 expect a ground and speed wire too?

Hoping someone can help!I

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »nighteagle123« (10. April 2021, 10:49)