• 17.04.2024, 01:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

mps pressure sensor

Dienstag, 6. April 2021, 20:26

Hi all, recently bought delta 40 pressure sensor and noticed small inlets and outlets, after a quick search I came across this connector but this is for soft tubing, any Hardline substitute for it ?

Dienstag, 6. April 2021, 22:48

It may take two steps:
  1. M5 to G1/8
  2. G1/8 to G1/4

Dienstag, 6. April 2021, 23:09

It may take two steps:
  1. M5 to G1/8
  2. G1/8 to G1/4

Is the adapter in the link below good substitute for the first one ?
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pneumatic…aptors/8656027/

Dienstag, 6. April 2021, 23:26

The specs look right.

EDIT: make sure you get an O-ring for the male M5 end.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (7. April 2021, 02:58)

Donnerstag, 8. April 2021, 17:05

The specs look right.

EDIT: make sure you get an O-ring for the male M5 end.

I have bought the alternative ones, single one fits the sensor’s m5 and screws in perfectly but issue is you can’t but second one next to the other, there has to be another solution !?

the one I bought did not come with an o-ring, is there a link to the o-ring that I should be using ?

Donnerstag, 8. April 2021, 20:29

I have bought the alternative ones, single one fits the sensor’s m5 and screws in perfectly but issue is you can’t but second one next to the other, there has to be another solution !?
I am not following you, can you provide links to what you have?

Zitat

the one I bought did not come with an o-ring, is there a link to the o-ring that I should be using ?
I suspect most any 5mm ID O-ring would do... HERE are 4 posibilities from your vendor, 2 materials types and 2 thickness' (1.5mm & 2mm)

Edit: Maybe you mean you cannot screw 2 of the adapters into the MPS unit because the ports are too close to each other? What are you doing with the MPS 40 Delta, pressure drop or res coolant height?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (8. April 2021, 20:36)

Freitag, 9. April 2021, 00:05

I am not following you, can you provide links to what you have?

Zitat

I suspect most any 5mm ID O-ring would do... HERE are 4 posibilities from your vendor, 2 materials types and 2 thickness' (1.5mm & 2mm)

Edit: Maybe you mean you cannot screw 2 of the adapters into the MPS unit because the ports are too close to each other? What are you doing with the MPS 40 Delta, pressure drop or res coolant height?

to follow here is a photo I uploaded shows the issue:

https://imgur.com/gallery/C6XXCsX

Yes you got it right, I cannot screw 2 of the adapters into the MPS unit because the ports are too close to each other, im using it for pressure drop and im trying to link it directly to the hardline loop without the hose.

in terms of the o-ring there are different outer diameter sizes as well (8mm/9mm), any idea which is relevant ?
I presume FKM is better than nitrile rubber because it lasts longer

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »D11125225« (9. April 2021, 02:03)

Freitag, 9. April 2021, 04:41

to follow here is a photo I uploaded shows the issue:

https://imgur.com/gallery/C6XXCsX

Yes you got it right, I cannot screw 2 of the adapters into the MPS unit because the ports are too close to each other, im using it for pressure drop and im trying to link it directly to the hardline loop without the hose.
If the M5 to G1/8 fittings are too large, you will have a bigger problem getting two G1/8 to G1/4 next to each other. This, and flow rate not being an issue, is probably why they went to the smaller fittings.

You may have to use the 6mm HOSE to run between the MPS FITTING you linked, and this FITTING screwed into a G1/4 T-BLOCK in the hard line run.

Zitat

in terms of the o-ring there are different outer diameter sizes as well (8mm/9mm), any idea which is relevant ?
I presume FKM is better than nitrile rubber because it lasts longer
This is probably a moot point as you most likely will not be able to use this fitting, but the outer diameter depends on the thickness of the O-ring. With a 5mm ID, and 1.5mm thick O-ring, the OD will be 8mm. For a 5mm ID with a 2mm thick O-ring, the OD will be 9mm.

The required thickness depends on the length of the 5mm male connection, how far down the thread goes on the 5mm connection, and the depths of the 5mm tap in the MPS sensor.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (9. April 2021, 04:43)