• Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Cobra26

Some questions about ULTITOP DUAL D5

Freitag, 16. April 2021, 21:20

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding this product:
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3945
1 - Connecting a reservoir can i attach a reservoir directly on to the top because i do not like having a tube between the res and pump top any suggestions?
2 - Can i use only one D5 NEXT pump and one normal D5 pump AND STILL able to read the flow etc? Or can i use 2 normal D5 pumps with the top?
3 - Should i be worried with the increase of pressure i heard stories about leaking due to increased pressure with two D5 pumps.
4 - Reason for dual D5 pumps i already have a Aquacomputer AMS 840 rad (very pleased with it) which is restrictive but i also want to include 2 pairs of quick disconnects QD4 on top of my existing CPU & GPU waterblocks. Or do you think a single D5 can handle a cpu block + gpu block + aquacomputer AMS rad + 2 pairs of QD4?It would be very helpful if some one can answer these 4 points.
Thank you very much in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cobra26« (16. April 2021, 21:23)

Samstag, 17. April 2021, 03:47

1. I believe the shortest method to connect an out port from your radiator to the Ultitop Dual D5 would be to use one of THESE fittings, but it would be an ackward mounting solution.
  2. You could use two D5 NEXTs, or two D5 PWM pumps, or one of each, but the flow rate calculation from the D6 NEXTs being virtual will most likely not be correct on a dual top.
  3. Many people have dual D5 pumps in series in their system without issue. Could you link the stories you have seen?
  4. Depends on what flow rate you desire, but two D5 pumps in series are probably useful, plus provide redundancy.

Dienstag, 20. April 2021, 09:04

EK do a res that mounts directly to there duel d5 top EK Duel Revo, pretty similar to Aquacomputer so that may work
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 20. April 2021, 15:42

Oops, I pinged on the radiator (AMS 840) and thought you wanted to direct connect a Ultitop Dual D5 to that.

The connection method depends on the reservoir you have/want to use.

Cobra26

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 05:03

Hi guy's
Sorry for the late reply (personal things i had to tend to) in regards of dual D5 that may cause a leak this where anecdotes from reading all the stuff about watercooling back in the day i was just new to watercooling that was in 2009.

There is a link however see post 2:

https://hardwarecanucks.com/forum/thread…parallel.69369/But other then that i don't see many people having issues with dual d5 when it comes down to pressure leaks. So i should be fine i hope :)

I have seen the EKWB dual D5 top that is also on my possible list so what do you guys think please don't be biased which one is best dual top from EKWB or Aquacomputer?Point 2 you answered with: "You could use two D5 NEXTs, or two D5 PWM pumps, or one of each, but the flow rate calculation from the D6 NEXTs being virtual will most likely not be correct on a dual top."
You mean even with 2 D5 next the calculation will not be fully correct? So i could use 1 D5 next and one regular D5 PWM is this correct? Its just to much money buying 2 D5 next i already have a D5 pump and can buy a D5 Next as the secondary pump.Yes i will buy the separate 140mm bracket so i can connect the dual top on the 840 rad.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cobra26« (21. April 2021, 05:04)

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 05:10

Which reservoir are you looking at?

Edit: I believe the comment quoted below is the one you referred to regarding leaking... notice s/he is talking about "poorly connected fittings".
If you have poorly connected fittings you will have trouble, period.

Zitat

Too much head pressure can cause poorly connected fittings to leak when at a lower pressure they wouldn't normally leak.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (21. April 2021, 05:17)

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 10:44

I’ve never had pressure issues and I have a pair of D5’s connected via the Ulititube and a pair of the reservoirs directly connected with no issues

Cobra26

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 01:30

Thank you for the replies guys,
I think i
should be ok currently and exclusively i use Koolance fittings and
always are tight i always leak test with air pressure with "Aquacomputer
Dr. Drop" and let it sit for 2 hours. This has more pressure then water
it self.

Which reservoir well the fitting you showed me which i need to attach the res directly on to the INLET
of the dual D5 pump i was looking at EK-RES X3 250 Lite or i buy seperate tube with seperate upper and bottom top.

Here is my setup with picture on this link (still need to reply since i had personal issue i had to tend to)
https://www.overclock.net/threads/2-x-d5…/#post-28776208

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 02:18

[snip]

Which reservoir well the fitting you showed me which i need to attach the res directly on to the INLET
of the dual D5 pump i was looking at EK-RES X3 250 Lite or i buy seperate tube with seperate upper and bottom top.

Here is my setup with picture on this link (still need to reply since i had personal issue i had to tend to)

Depending if you're mounting the radiator vertically or horizontally, you will need to attach the ULTITOP DUAL D5 feet so the IN port is located to the top. (1.jpg)
Then you screw the Rotary Connector into the Ultitop IN port. (the fitting is 13.8 mm tall)
Lastly, screw the bottom port of the EK-RES X3 250 Lite onto the Rotary Connector (assuming you are returning to the top).

The advantage of the Rotary male/male connector is that you can rotate the tube to align the return port at the top for best installation.
The only question I have is that the bottom port of the Res X3 is slightly recessed, but I believe the rotary fitting should fit. (2.jpg)

Cobra26

Sonntag, 25. April 2021, 00:30

[snip]

Depending if you're mounting the radiator vertically or horizontally, you will need to attach the ULTITOP DUAL D5 feet so the IN port is located to the top. ([attach]8372[/attach])
Then you screw the Rotary Connector into the Ultitop IN port. (the fitting is 13.8 mm tall)
Lastly, screw the bottom port of the EK-RES X3 250 Lite onto the Rotary Connector (assuming you are returning to the top).

The advantage of the Rotary male/male connector is that you can rotate the tube to align the return port at the top for best installation.
The only question I have is that the bottom port of the Res X3 is slightly recessed, but I believe the rotary fitting should fit. ([attach]8373[/attach])

Thanks for the reply,

Good catch on the recessed res from EKWB if the LITE might be an issue i can always go for a stand alone 200mm tube and 1 upper top and one base top this should hopefully be ok.
Yes a rotary fitting should make the direction more access-able since the top only has a inlet and outlet i am forced to use the res top as an inlet might as well use a 90 degree fitting (rotary).

Montag, 26. April 2021, 12:52

The EK X3 Res Lite comes with extenders as well as the fitting to combine Duel Revo and res so it should work fine with Aquacomputer duel D5
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"