• 17.04.2024, 01:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Problem with Octo

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 22:07

Hello,

I received the octo device today, plugged it to the motherboard via the USB cable, updated the Aquasuite software to the latest release (X.38), updated the Octo firmware (1014), plugged 5 fans (2 Antec 80 mm, 2 Antec 120 mm, 1 Silverstone 140 mm) to different plugs. All the fans have a switch to choose between 2 or 3 speeds. I have an Aquaero 6 LT too, connected to the motherboard via a USB cable.

The problem : I cannot change the fans speeds, either they are at 0 rpm or at the maximum rpm.

With the power preset : when the output in % changes, the rpm speed does not. For all the fans

With the target temperature : works as intended :
controller source : GPU=24°C.
Temperature=23°C : fan speed is 0 rpm
Temperature=25°C : fan speed is max rpm

With the curve controller :
controller source : GPU=24°C

Minimum temperature=20°C
Maximum temperature=30°C

When I change the curve shape with the slider, the output in % is modified but not the rpm : the fan speed works at its maximum speed.

Minimum temperature=10°C
Maximum temperature=30°C

Same shape curve as before
The output in % is modified but not the rpm : the fan speed works at its maximum speed.

Minimum temperature=30°C
Maximum temperature=40°C

Normal behavior : the output is 0 % and the speed is 0 rpm

I changed the switch speed on each fan : the behavior is the same, 0 or max rpm, only the displayed rpm is different and false : it displays more than 4000 rpm whereas the actual max speed is 2000 rpm.

Before using the Octo, the 5 fans were connected to an Aquaero 6LT output and worked fine with the curve controller. The Aquasuite version ws older since I did not migrate.

It seems to be an Aquasuite bug. What is your opinion ?

wpuser

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 23:43

The Octo can only control PWM-fans. Do you have PWM-fans?

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 10:34

No, only 3 pins fans.

wpuser

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 13:47

So, everything is working as expected. Quadro and Octo can only control PWM-fans. You either have to use PWM-fans or an aquaero.

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 16:10

OK, thank you for your answer.