• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

A question for first startup regarding OCTO

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 12:07

Hello, lads and lasses:)

New to Aquacomputer,

I'll soon get my rig ready for first startup, and I have a question:

I have an OCTO, 2 Ultitube D5 NEXT, farbwerk and some more in a 1000D with 32 fans( do not exceed the max. wattage on any of the outputs nor the max. 100W of the fan outputs combined). I'm going to do a fresh Windows install right away and my question is following: do the OCTO have a set default speed for the fans on first startup or are the fans shut off until Aquasuite is installed and fiddled with?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on the question :)

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 15:10

The devices all run autonomously once configured.
If sensor values are used as software sensors that do not work without Aquasuite, there are fallback values that can be set in Aquasuite.
The devices then fall back to these fallback values when Windows is reinstalled, if necessary.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 15:21

I believe the default fan controller is 'Curve Controller' with default 'Fallback power' at 100%. This may be adjusted in the fan setup panel. (fallback.jpg)

Edit: Oops, Ninja'd while making pictures :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (22. April 2021, 15:23)

The devices all run autonomously once configured.

Freitag, 23. April 2021, 08:43

Thanks for the replies ;) But I was wondering before configuration, example: I turn my pc off, install the OCTO and then turn on my pc before Aquasuite is installed. Will the fans be turned off or will they run at a default 50% or something like that?

Freitag, 23. April 2021, 11:25

You have the OCTO, hook it up to a computer and see what happens.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

RE: The devices all run autonomously once configured.

Freitag, 23. April 2021, 11:48

Thanks for the replies ;) But I was wondering before configuration, example: I turn my pc off, install the OCTO and then turn on my pc before Aquasuite is installed. Will the fans be turned off or will they run at a default 50% or something like that?

100% is default before configuration.

Freitag, 23. April 2021, 13:13

Thanks Infoseeker, that's what I was looking for ;) And Taubenhaucher: I seriously did not think about that :P Would have been the easiest, haha. Well, anyway, thanks for the help. It is much obliged :)