• 18.04.2024, 02:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Shojiro

New Setup Tips

Donnerstag, 29. April 2021, 17:47

Hi,

I just recently finally upgraded my computer with some Aquacomputer products and started using Aquasuite. I was wondering if I could get some help with the best way to set up sensors/fan curves as previously I just based things off of CPU temp and now I have access to so much more.

I have a High Flow Next connected to the output of my pump/reservoir combo which then feeds into my first radiator, which is in turn connected to my second radiator with a temperature sensor fitting on the output port of the second radiator plugged into the High Flow Next. If it matters, then my tubing goes from the second radiator to the CPU then into the GPU and then back into the pump/reservoir. I have three other temperature sensors, one inside the back of the case, one in the front of the case, and one taped outside my case, with all three connected to my Octo. I have seven fans connected to the Octo controlled in three groups, three in the front in front of the first radiator, three on top above the second radiator, and one fan as the rear exhaust.

I know I should be basing things more off my water temperature, but I have also seen lots of people talk about delta T being the difference between the temp inside and outside the case or something like that, so I'm just not sure the best way to set up a virtual sensor to control my fan speeds. If anyone would be able to give me some tips, I would be very grateful.

Freitag, 30. April 2021, 17:43

Were it my machine, I would delta-t between coolant leaving the radiator and ambient room temperature to control the radiator fans.
  • radiator out from your high flow next for temperature leaving the radiator
  • taped outside case temperature sensor for ambient room temperature
  • connect the 6 radiator fans to fan ports 1 through 6 on the octo {case exhaust fan to fan port 8}
  • make a delta-t virtual sensor in the Playground (delta-t.jpg)
  • make a fan controller curve for fan port 1 using the delta-t virtual sensor to drive it (radfan1.jpg)
  • copy fan ports 2 to 6 from fan port 1 {all fans will perform the same} (radfan2-6.jpg)
You can do a similar thing for the case exhaust fan using a delta-t between the case and your taped outside sensor.

Hint: set the octo's controller for fan port 7 to a 'Power preset' controller, and set the power to zero to keep from getting a 'Low RPM' error message. (noerror.jpg)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (30. April 2021, 17:54)

Shojiro

Freitag, 30. April 2021, 18:15

Thank you InfoSeeker for your help.

I had already created a virtual sensor of a delta-t value, but I added some additional stuff to make sure it was an absolute value which is kind of absurd to do regardless given how temperature works. Setting a minimum value is significantly simpler and I probably should have thought of that instead.

I am actually using a few Splitty4 due to the RGB in my fans (and other components) so actually my fans are split up into the top 3 connected to the Octo port 1, the front 3 connected to the Octo port 2, and the exhaust fan connected to the Octo port 3. Is there a specific reason for skipping port 7 in your example?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Shojiro« (30. April 2021, 18:16)

Freitag, 30. April 2021, 19:24

No reason to skip fan port 7 other than I was keeping a space between the rad fans and the case fan.

Looks like you have it sussed out, enjoy.