• 16.04.2024, 07:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

No USB 2 Header on Motherboard

Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2021, 20:11

Hey Guys!
Currently I have Asus x99 E-WS 10G workstation with plenty of onboard USB 2 headers. I'm thinking on getting Asus x299 SAGE10G workstation, but unfortunately that motherboard doesn't have any onboard USB 2 headers. Any idea how I would be able to connect Aquaeros USB 2 cable, whats the work around it.
Thanks

Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2021, 22:41

One opion would be to use this USB CABLE and connect the 'A' style connector to an external port on the back panel, snake it inside and connect to a HUBBY7... boom, seven USB 2.0 ports.

EDIT: OK, that won't work... looks like no external USB 2.0 ports either. That leaves a cable like THIS to the internal USB 3.0 port marked [14]. usb3.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (5. Mai 2021, 23:25)

Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2021, 09:08

Thanks my friend for trying to help. Looking at the availability and choices I think I will pass on this GEN especially on motherboards without any onboard USB2, they are needed, why on earth Asus would take them off from workstation boards. I think I will stick with my current system until next year I don't want to rush and regret.

Thank you InfoSeeker :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (6. Mai 2021, 09:09)

Freitag, 7. Mai 2021, 23:10

Well do you have Pcie? I did not look up your board,but you can get cards for USB, SATA, etc. For example I run a Pcie 8 slot SATA card on my ASUS Prime... HTH