• 16.04.2024, 07:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to PERMENANTLY disable the splash screen.

Montag, 10. Mai 2021, 12:32

Hi,
I never want to see any splash screen, ever. They are irritating, distracting and annoying, especially ones that use transparent sections and especially when multiple programs all try and display them at the same time - which they all do just after you log-in to your PC...
How can I disable the one in AquaSuite? I looked around but didn't find a specific 'Splash screen' Enabled/Disabled setting.

Dominic

Montag, 10. Mai 2021, 13:03

Go to the aquasuite > settings tab, scroll down to 'Application startup' and select 'Minimize at startup'. Hopefully that will ease your annoyance level. (splashless.jpg)

Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2021, 01:38

Go to the aquasuite > settings tab, scroll down to 'Application startup' and select 'Minimize at startup'. Hopefully that will ease your annoyance level. ([attach]8410[/attach])

yeah, I had enabled that but it wasn't clear that it also hides the splash screen. I'm still after a way of disabling the splash screen though. Quite why application developers can't just display 'loading...' inside the main window and feel the need to waste development time creating annoying splash screens is beyond me.
Thanks.

Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2021, 04:33

Quite why application developers can't just display 'loading...' inside the main window and feel the need to waste development time creating annoying splash screens is beyond me.

It depends on the user base and their required UX. Sometimes it is necessary, sometimes it's beneficial, sometimes it's even both:

https://uxplanet.org/splash-screen-is-mo…nk-855e78da3c2c