• 25.06.2021, 09:38
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

The best cooling? Sorry for all the posts, my phone will jus post the first sentence

Friday, May 14th 2021, 9:08pm

I've got a legitimate question, and I believe it is mentioned
several times, but there is allways someone who thinks an other way is better.

So pardon me asking this probably for
the nth time ( I do apologize to the veterans here): I've got 2 loops, 1 for
cpu, 1 for gpu. I've got a D5 Next in each of them. So forth I've got 1
watertemp on the inlet on the rad coming from the CPU and one on the inlet
coming from the GPU. Then I've got got 1 airtemp. Sensor sensoring ambient (GPU
gets that air) and one in the case (CPU gets the air heated from the GPU). I've
got all sensors plugged in the OCTO. And I've got a Kryos Cuplex Vision CPU
with CPU temp. Where and what temperatures shall I make a software sensor for
to make this good?

Spec:

1000D

10900 direct die with 2x360x65 rad and
D5next

3090 Aorus Xtreme Bykski crapblock
2x480x45( waiting for EK awesomeblock)

4x exhaust fans.

Got farbwerk etc, but that is not
important.

Best regards

Karsten Ravneg

Tasky

Saturday, May 15th 2021, 3:44am

Hi Karsten,

I have a similar setup to you, but with 45mm x 240 and 360 on the rads in push-pull...
All I do is monitor water temp compared to the ambient temp outside the case. So long as the water is less than 10ºC above the outside, I'm happy.

I do have a sensor or two watching inside the case, which I like to keep as close to external ambiant as poss (usually 3-4ºC higher), and I monitor CPU/GPU based on their individual specs.
D5 and Kryos should both be less that 1ºC difference compared to water temp.

I added the D5 as a software sensor to the Octo, but only for RGBpx purposes. :thumbsup:

Saturday, May 15th 2021, 2:11pm

Thanks Tasky:)

But which water temp are you "watching", directly after the component that makes heat, or after the rad?

sincerely

Karsten

Remayz

Saturday, May 15th 2021, 3:05pm

doesn't matter. they will only vary by 2 or 3° at worst if your pump doesn't run stupid slow.

The sensor after the rads is more stable because it fluctuates slower with load so i usually go with that one.
You don't need to make a software sensor if you use the PTC measuring water temp directly to the Octo

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Remayz" (May 15th 2021, 3:11pm)

Saturday, May 15th 2021, 3:29pm

I generally use a delta between ambient-room-temp and water-temp-leaving-the-radiator. That way I am able to monitor effectiveness of the radiator... if the Δt is higher than desired, fans increase, if lower than necessary, fans become quieter.

Tasky

Sunday, May 16th 2021, 1:55am

Thanks Tasky:)
But which water temp are you "watching", directly after the component that makes heat, or after the rad?
sincerely
Karsten

Aside from the temp sensors on my D5 and (I think) the Kryos VISION displays, I only have one actual water temperature sensor... and as I recall, I have that at the inlet end of my 360 rad, which is fed directly from the 240 rad outlet.

So in effect, I actually have my main temp sensor between the two rads.

It really shouldn't matter anyway, as the water temp should equalise throughout the loop after a short while.