• 16.04.2024, 10:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

The best cooling? Sorry for all the posts, my phone will jus post the first sentence

Freitag, 14. Mai 2021, 21:08

I've got a legitimate question, and I believe it is mentioned
several times, but there is allways someone who thinks an other way is better.

So pardon me asking this probably for
the nth time ( I do apologize to the veterans here): I've got 2 loops, 1 for
cpu, 1 for gpu. I've got a D5 Next in each of them. So forth I've got 1
watertemp on the inlet on the rad coming from the CPU and one on the inlet
coming from the GPU. Then I've got got 1 airtemp. Sensor sensoring ambient (GPU
gets that air) and one in the case (CPU gets the air heated from the GPU). I've
got all sensors plugged in the OCTO. And I've got a Kryos Cuplex Vision CPU
with CPU temp. Where and what temperatures shall I make a software sensor for
to make this good?

Spec:

1000D

10900 direct die with 2x360x65 rad and
D5next

3090 Aorus Xtreme Bykski crapblock
2x480x45( waiting for EK awesomeblock)

4x exhaust fans.

Got farbwerk etc, but that is not
important.

Best regards

Karsten Ravneg

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 03:44

Hi Karsten,

I have a similar setup to you, but with 45mm x 240 and 360 on the rads in push-pull...
All I do is monitor water temp compared to the ambient temp outside the case. So long as the water is less than 10ºC above the outside, I'm happy.

I do have a sensor or two watching inside the case, which I like to keep as close to external ambiant as poss (usually 3-4ºC higher), and I monitor CPU/GPU based on their individual specs.
D5 and Kryos should both be less that 1ºC difference compared to water temp.

I added the D5 as a software sensor to the Octo, but only for RGBpx purposes. :thumbsup:

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 14:11

Thanks Tasky:)

But which water temp are you "watching", directly after the component that makes heat, or after the rad?

sincerely

Karsten

Remayz

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 15:05

doesn't matter. they will only vary by 2 or 3° at worst if your pump doesn't run stupid slow.

The sensor after the rads is more stable because it fluctuates slower with load so i usually go with that one.
You don't need to make a software sensor if you use the PTC measuring water temp directly to the Octo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (15. Mai 2021, 15:11)

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 15:29

I generally use a delta between ambient-room-temp and water-temp-leaving-the-radiator. That way I am able to monitor effectiveness of the radiator... if the Δt is higher than desired, fans increase, if lower than necessary, fans become quieter.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 01:55

Thanks Tasky:)
But which water temp are you "watching", directly after the component that makes heat, or after the rad?
sincerely
Karsten

Aside from the temp sensors on my D5 and (I think) the Kryos VISION displays, I only have one actual water temperature sensor... and as I recall, I have that at the inlet end of my 360 rad, which is fed directly from the 240 rad outlet.

So in effect, I actually have my main temp sensor between the two rads.

It really shouldn't matter anyway, as the water temp should equalise throughout the loop after a short while.

LaUs3r

Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2021, 09:23

Hi Karsten,

I just received my Aorus RTX 3090 Xtreme and put an EKWB on it.

My temps under loads are ~58-60°C.

I need to check this evening the other values (water temp, pump speed, etc.).

Cheers
Pump: Aquastream Ultimate
Reservoir: EK X3 250 RGB
Radiator: Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 420mm & ST45 420mm (extern)
Fans: 3 x EK Vardar EVO 140ER D-RGB, 3 x NB e-Loop B14-PS
Tubing: soft
CPU block: EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4 @ AMD Threadripper 3960X
GPU block: EK Quantum Vector Xtreme RTX 3090 @ Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3090 Xtreme

Samstag, 23. Oktober 2021, 10:26

So this is a roughly 30 minute snapshot from My PC: Osprey

Approx 10 minutes of "idle" followed by 10 minutes of 100% CPU+GPU load (Cinebench & Heaven) and then a further 10 minutes of "idle"

My Fan/pump control curve is

hmmm why are my images not showing ? used the IMG BB tags

Oh well

http://sharetheexperience.co.uk/Osprey/30minuteexample.JPG

http://sharetheexperience.co.uk/Osprey/CurveControl.JPG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (23. Oktober 2021, 10:27)

Samstag, 23. Oktober 2021, 13:57

Thanks for answering LaUs3r and WinstonWoof, I figured this out some time ago. I was originally wondering which of the temps I should use to make a softwaresensor (deltaT) to get the best cooling since I didn't quite understand how AS worked back when I made this post, but after some (alot :D ) of research I finally understood how to do it. My Rig have been running beautifully with a max.temp of 49C on the GPU regardless of ambient temp since I have overkill oops ;) CPU Stable all cores 5.3 and still haven't seen near 70 C on any core.

But sincerely thanks for answers, folks ^^ ^^ ^^

Samstag, 23. Oktober 2021, 19:56

Although the water cooling system will eventually reach an equilibrium value of water temperature,
But in a high-load environment, the place where you can pick up the highest temperature will be the place where you should install the temperature sensor. Because the signal picked up by the temperature sensor comes from the high-load core of the system, it is the object that needs to be cooled the most. In other words, the source of high temperature needs to transmit a signal to let the cooling system know that it is time to work, and the location that can sense the highest temperature in a high-load environment is where you should install the temperature sensor. Usually installed in the CPU and GPU water block.The other locations are just a reference for you to understand the status of the system.
I installed four calitemps in the water inlet and outlet of the CPU and GPU. The water outlet is the focus of the cooling system to pick up the signal.
If your cooling system is more efficient, your water temperature is closer to room temperature. :)
CE9BB391-A09E-478A-B4F5-CFD044D60B2C by Jacob Tien, 於 Flickr
aquasuite_2021-10-24_02-02-44 by Jacob Tien, 於 Flickr

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (23. Oktober 2021, 20:34)

Remayz

Samstag, 23. Oktober 2021, 21:34

bah, it will vary so little, maybe a degree, unless your pump flow is too low, then the delta will quickly increase.

If you have large temperature differences within the loop, your flow is too low.