• 16.04.2024, 18:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 Next Pump - Either I'm Dumb or they included the wrong screws!

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 15:30

Hello.

I bought the D5 Next pump. It came with 3x M3 and 4x M4 screws. I want to attach the pump to a mount at the bottom of the pump using the 3 holes in the bottom of the pump. But the 3 screws included are too small! They just slide in and out. The other 4 set of screws are too thick.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but how is it possible that they supply 3 screws that don’t fit the 3 holes in the bottom of the pump?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDZ5zl1onU8gtou5eRttJM8ExAo5Q

Remayz

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 19:22

I don't own that pump but from the looks if it, they supply washers and nuts.. Aren't you supposed to unclip the bottom plate, screw it to the pump mount (with the screws that slide in) and then clip the whole pump in place?

Samstag, 15. Mai 2021, 20:51

Nah I thought you might be right, i took the bottom off but the holes don't go all the way through so they must screw into the bottom.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 00:50

The three countersunk screws (angled seat) go into the bottom plate from the top side. Washers + matching nuts go on the opposite side. The pump then presses on top of the silicone.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 01:37

The three countersunk screws (angled seat) go into the bottom plate from the top side. Washers + matching nuts go on the opposite side. The pump then presses on top of the silicone.
Yeah thanks I finally realised I had to pull out the weird rubber thing and the bottom panel is just held in by that! But the problem is that the screw are so short that they don't even come out the other side of the thin plastic bottom! So there is nothing to attach the bolt to!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDZ5zl1onU8gto0NNkiy8NAQQH4Cw

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 02:12

The three longer bolts should go down through the plastic plate from the top, and then through the metal bracket, with the corresponding nuts going on beneath the bracket.

In the second photo you're using one of the four shorter bolts. Those are for attaching the bracket to the case.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 02:36

The three longer bolts should go down through the plastic plate from the top, and then through the metal bracket, with the corresponding nuts going on beneath the bracket.

In the second photo you're using one of the four shorter bolts. Those are for attaching the bracket to the case.
Actually they are the m3s the others are m4 and they dont fit through. I think they've sent me the wrong screws or i've got this pack of screws from something else thinking they're from the D5. I bought all this stuff back in November 2020 when I though gpus and cpus and psus were a thing you could actually buy :)

Anyway I'll just buy the screws myself. Thanks for the help everyone.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 03:13

Yeah thanks I finally realised I had to pull out the weird rubber thing and the bottom panel is just held in by that! But the problem is that the screw are so short that they don't even come out the other side of the thin plastic bottom! So there is nothing to attach the bolt to!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDZ5zl1onU8gto0NNkiy8NAQQH4Cw
That's upside down and those are the wrong screws. That bottom plate should sandwich the silicone against whatever the other mounting surface is. The three longer screws with the cone heads should go through the plastic piece.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 13:03

Actually they are the m3s the others are m4 and they dont fit through. I think they've sent me the wrong screws or i've got this pack of screws from something else thinking they're from the D5. I bought all this stuff back in November 2020 when I though gpus and cpus and psus were a thing you could actually buy :)

Anyway I'll just buy the screws myself. Thanks for the help everyone.

If they're M3, they're not the ones from the D5. The heads are too large and stand too proud, which means they will impinge on the pump and negate the silicone dampener.

Sonntag, 16. Mai 2021, 15:07

1. Use the circled screws.
  2. Flip the mount plate as noted.
  3. Remove silicone from pump.
  4. Mount silicone to mount plate.
  5. Place mount plate against the mount.
  6. Insert the circled screws through the mount plate and through the mount. The heads of the screws should be completely flush with the mount plate.
  7. Use a washer and a screw on the backside of the mount to hold the screw in place. The washer goes between the mount and the nut.
  8. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.
  9. Push D5 controller onto silicone.

DSC_0234.JPG
DSC_0228 1.JPG

Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2021, 18:30

1. Use the circled screws.
  2. Flip the mount plate as noted.
  3. Remove silicone from pump.
  4. Mount silicone to mount plate.
  5. Place mount plate against the mount.
  6. Insert the circled screws through the mount plate and through the mount. The heads of the screws should be completely flush with the mount plate.
  7. Use a washer and a screw on the backside of the mount to hold the screw in place. The washer goes between the mount and the nut.
  8. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.
  9. Push D5 controller onto silicone.

[attach]8411[/attach]
[attach]8412[/attach]
Thanks. Bizarrely I had the wrong bag of screws, they must have been the screws from the additional aqua mount I bought and they were literally not long enough. I ordered new screws but also found the screws that were originally supplied which work fine! So to answer the original question I'm dumb :)! But to be fair I bought all this other stuff 7 months ago and only now just putting it together.