• 16.04.2024, 21:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Any Recommendations/Solutions for Shipping to the UK?

Montag, 17. Mai 2021, 23:02

Reaching out to any UK-based Aquacomputer customers.

I tried to place an order over the weekend after two of the three reservoirs in my gaming PC decided to spring leaks [looks like user error during assembly] and I wanted to order some new gaskets, "just to be sure"... I was unable to specify a courier for the order. I pinged a quick email over the weekend and this morning I got a polite note back from Sven, who apologised and explained that Aquacomputer aren't currently in a position of being able to ship to the UK [and that he wasn't able to say when such services might be resumed].

That's left me with a £12,000 paperweight... at least until I can get my hands on some spares.

I've written back to ask if there are any options available to me, and I've dropped a completely separate note to a friend of mine who has a sister who lives in Germany, wondering if it might be possible to get spares shipped to her, for her to then send on to me.

Sven didn't explain the root cause of the issue [I'm wondering if it might be Brexit related], so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has come across [better yet - overcome] this particular wrinkle.

For the avoidance of any doubt - the is NOT, in ANY WAY a complaint or criticism of Aquacomputer. Sven, in particular, has always been awesome, super-helpful, super-patient and helped me understand what I needed to do in order to build an amazing gaming machine. Unfortunately, through circumstances outside of either my control or Sven's control, I'm currently stuck high and dry [pun intended] with a machine for which I can't re-fill 2 of the 3 coolant loops until I get my hands on some spares.

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations, would be gratefully received.

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 02:24

If you just need new orings, you should be able to find those in the UK. If not through a specialty shop which carries Aquacomputer parts, then through a generic hardware supplier (such as McMaster in the US) who carries orings.

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 02:43

These guys ship to the UK: https://www.highflow.nl/aqua-computer.html
I ordered a few small bits from them the other month with no problems.

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 03:25

What is the ID and thickness of the O-rings you need?

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 10:12

If you just need new orings, you should be able to find those in the UK. If not through a specialty shop which carries Aquacomputer parts, then through a generic hardware supplier (such as McMaster in the US) who carries orings.

Entirely fair... However, if this shipping nonsense [which I suspect is down to bureaucrats making a mess of Brexit] keeps going, I'd like to have some more bits and pieces, like a complete pump/res assembly, a spare pump motor, a spare pump controller, assorted gaskets and fittings... Although I could split that up and get stuff here-and-there...

It really bugs me. Companies like AquaComputer who offer great products and work so hard to look after customers are getting screwed over by idiot bureaucrats...

Sigh

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 10:16

What is the ID and thickness of the O-rings you need?

Good question.

I'm not 100% certain, because the documentation I have for my assembly [I have the 450ml nano-coated reservoir on top of an AquaComputer D5 with an AquaComputer Pump Top] doesn't actually say which gasket it uses. But *I* think the gasket that seals the reservoir glass to the base and lid is this one:-

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3045

Although as I've just noted in my previous post, if there are shipping problems, I think I might be tempted to order a whole bunch of spares and other goodies...

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 10:17

These guys ship to the UK: https://www.highflow.nl/aqua-computer.html
I ordered a few small bits from them the other month with no problems.

Tasky, you may well be a life-saver!

Thank you so much for the tip...

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 12:42

Try shipping to mygermany.com

works for me

I ordered quite a lot of stuff and shipped it to mygermany then to the UK

Process takes around 10 days

Dienstag, 18. Mai 2021, 14:35

highflow.nl list the O-ring you suspect to be the item needed, but are out of stock.
mcmaster.com in the USA has O-rings that match the specification of the item you linked, and should ship to the UK.
Perhaps a search in the UK will yield a local vendor that has the specified size O-ring... it is not an uncommon item.

Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2021, 20:33

OK, back with an update on this interesting little tale of woe...

I followed Tasky's advice and placed an order with highflow.nl. When I placed the order, their web site said they had the parts in stock. The moment I got the order confirmation email, I had a follow-up saying that they were waiting for parts to complete the order. I've not cancelled, just in case they come through, but I felt they were being a bit deceptive with saying they had gaskets in stock.

I haven't tried myGermany.com yet, I think that might be next.

I also got in touch with my local MP, Sir Desmond Swayne, to see if he could do anything. He's actually been following up for me. He spoke with the UK Trade Minister who was overseeing the UK's trading relations with the EU (Lord Frost) and he has also directly reached out to both DHL and DPD to find out what is going on. He managed to get DPD (UK) to respond, so earlier this morning I sent my new DPD contact, Aftab (at the "SMT Escalations Team") details of the order, the source (AquaComputer) and a copy of Sven's email where he basically apologises but explains that this is down to circumstances outside of AquaComputer's control... I took a screen shot of my ordering basket showing that the DPD Courier service was basically showing as unavailable...

I've had an email back from Aftab, which sais, and I quote, "I can confirm that all collection from Germany have been suspended due to Brexit. I have requested further details on this from our dedicated team. Once I have this, I will forward this across to you. Please allow 48 hours for a response.".

So I wrote back and (politely) asked if he could get me some more details to pass back to Sir Desmond, including answers to question such as why DPD have imposed this block, when it will be lifted, why they haven't been able to notify customers of what is going on and how they are going to put this right...

I am sorry to anyone/everyone who has read this thread hoping for a solution... I'm afraid I can't provide one yet [I'll try "MyGermany.com"] but I hope that shining a little light on this debacle might actually be able to resolve it. Obviously we don't know quite what the details are, but this smells. This smells like obstructionism. Especially as, when I spoke with DPD UK before having to go to my MP, I asked, "Can I ship a small parcel from my home address to Germany please?" and was told, "Oh yes, absolutely no problem at all..."

Oh, two more things... First, I've also been a customer of OverClockers UK for the longest time, so I've been in touch with my contacts there [I bought my 6 XT and a bunch of other bits from them for this latest build] and although they have made no commitments, they are willing to look at their AquaComputer product range to see if they can carry things like gaskets and other spares that their UK customers might make a market for. Worth trying on that front.

Second, whilst this might be bugging the crap out of me, sat here looking at £12,000 of parts doing a great impression of a paperweight... let's also spare a thought for Sven and the rest of the folk at AquaComputer. For us, this is annoying. For them, this is lost revenue.

From here on out, given a choice, I won't be giving any business to DHL, DPD or UPS.

Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2021, 20:34

Try shipping to mygermany.com

works for me

I ordered quite a lot of stuff and shipped it to mygermany then to the UK

Process takes around 10 days

Great advice - and much appreciated! Thank you, will give it a go...

Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2021, 23:47

That quote from DPD is a load of crap. I get things from Germany to the UK all the time via FedEx.

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 00:00

That quote from DPD is a load of crap. I get things from Germany to the UK all the time via FedEx.

Well, obviously that’s good to know. Unfortunately, however, AquaComputer only offer DHL, DPD and UPS services to the UK, none of which are operating at the moment. But I can check with FedEx and if that is confirmed I will pass the information to Sven in the hope they can use it.

Thank you.

biopunk

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 00:38

OK, back with an update on this interesting little tale of woe...

I followed Tasky's advice and placed an order with highflow.nl. When I placed the order, their web site said they had the parts in stock. The moment I got the order confirmation email, I had a follow-up saying that they were waiting for parts to complete the order. I've not cancelled, just in case they come through, but I felt they were being a bit deceptive with saying they had gaskets in stock.

I haven't tried myGermany.com yet, I think that might be next.

I also got in touch with my local MP, Sir Desmond Swayne, to see if he could do anything. He's actually been following up for me. He spoke with the UK Trade Minister who was overseeing the UK's trading relations with the EU (Lord Frost) and he has also directly reached out to both DHL and DPD to find out what is going on. He managed to get DPD (UK) to respond, so earlier this morning I sent my new DPD contact, Aftab (at the "SMT Escalations Team") details of the order, the source (AquaComputer) and a copy of Sven's email where he basically apologises but explains that this is down to circumstances outside of AquaComputer's control... I took a screen shot of my ordering basket showing that the DPD Courier service was basically showing as unavailable...

I've had an email back from Aftab, which sais, and I quote, "I can confirm that all collection from Germany have been suspended due to Brexit. I have requested further details on this from our dedicated team. Once I have this, I will forward this across to you. Please allow 48 hours for a response.".

So I wrote back and (politely) asked if he could get me some more details to pass back to Sir Desmond, including answers to question such as why DPD have imposed this block, when it will be lifted, why they haven't been able to notify customers of what is going on and how they are going to put this right...

I am sorry to anyone/everyone who has read this thread hoping for a solution... I'm afraid I can't provide one yet [I'll try "MyGermany.com"] but I hope that shining a little light on this debacle might actually be able to resolve it. Obviously we don't know quite what the details are, but this smells. This smells like obstructionism. Especially as, when I spoke with DPD UK before having to go to my MP, I asked, "Can I ship a small parcel from my home address to Germany please?" and was told, "Oh yes, absolutely no problem at all..."

Oh, two more things... First, I've also been a customer of OverClockers UK for the longest time, so I've been in touch with my contacts there [I bought my 6 XT and a bunch of other bits from them for this latest build] and although they have made no commitments, they are willing to look at their AquaComputer product range to see if they can carry things like gaskets and other spares that their UK customers might make a market for. Worth trying on that front.

Second, whilst this might be bugging the crap out of me, sat here looking at £12,000 of parts doing a great impression of a paperweight... let's also spare a thought for Sven and the rest of the folk at AquaComputer. For us, this is annoying. For them, this is lost revenue.

From here on out, given a choice, I won't be giving any business to DHL, DPD or UPS.
Thanks for doing this. It's strange that DPD still hasn't been able to resume shipping to the UK after Brexit, if they really had an incentive to do so they could've been ready from the beginning of January like UPS. Hope we'll know the root cause.

Btw, I had no issues with UPS shipping from EU to the UK after Brexit, it's just that Aqua Computer don't ship via UPS to the UK for some reason.

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 02:04

Annoying, but it does happen. Computer stock systems, especially bespoke ones, are often a right PITA to administrate and rarely run in real time.

As an OCUK customer I expect you've experienced this, as they notoriously have a lot of problems like this!
Thanks for doing this. It's strange that DPD still hasn't been able to resume shipping to the UK after Brexit, if they really had an incentive to do so they could've been ready from the beginning of January like UPS. Hope we'll know the root cause.

Btw, I had no issues with UPS shipping from EU to the UK after Brexit, it's just that Aqua Computer don't ship via UPS to the UK for some reason.

I believe the shipping difficulty is an issue with overseas traders
needing to be set-up for paying UK-specific VAT... which, given the
absolute 'scheißesturm' that our government tends to make of
things, is likely problematic, subject to delays, and probably not even
fully enabled yet. It also seems to cost money in addition, which is imposed on each shipment at roughly a fiver a go. FedEx will ship, but they have increased their charges to reflect this.

Couple that with the various Covid issues, and that's probably why there are so many problems.

More here:

https://www.dhl.com/gb-en/home/about-us/brexit.html

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-germa…-20201221Saying
that, I have had DHL shipments from Slovenia in the past couple of
months, with absolutely stellar service end-to-end from all parties
involved.

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 07:36

I recently (as in on the 14th May 21) ended up ordering my Octo from https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/ due to not being able to order on the mother site

Guess what, it arrived on the 20th May from Germany via UPS ;o)

For reference that was a £12 "premium" on the base price of the Octo at Aquatuning (£59.40+shipping) compared to Aquacomputers base price (£47.14 + shipping)

Overclockers didnt show stock at the time although currently they do at £49.99

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (28. Mai 2021, 08:00)