• 16.04.2024, 15:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 Next + second D5 pump question

Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2021, 19:15

Excuse the noob question. I tried and could not find a clear answer for this.
I'm going to run a D5 next and a second D5 (EK FLT)
Ideally would like the second pump speed to match the D5 next.

Can I use a splitty with the D5 next as the PWM signal and the EK pump PWM cable on a receiving header? Or will I need to use two mobo headers and control them separately?

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 01:44

I don't think a splitty9 will help to control the 2nd pump.
The D5 pump looks to be controllable only by the onboard controller (no external PWM input).
You will have to make a duplicate controller for the EK pump, either from the D5 NEXT fan port, or a third device (OCTO/QUADRO).
Adding an OCTO/QUADRO would provide additional fan ports to control radiator/case fans.

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 02:18

As Info says, there is no PWM input for the D5 NEXT... but the 'Fan' port is an output, to which you can cnnect the second EKWB D5 pump and run it just like a fan (that's how it works of the motherboard anyway).

OCTOs and QUADROs aren't entirely necessary but, as well as fan control, they also bring temp sensing, flow monitoring and RGB controllers to the table, if you're into such things! :thumbsup:

Sonntag, 6. Juni 2021, 08:48

Getting a quadro/octo is inevitable I'm just trying to see what I can do while I wait for any retailer in the US to have stock.
If I use EK's pwm plug into the d5 next output, will I still be able to control the d5 next in Aquasuite only having the usb connected or would that output have to be connected to a fan header?

Sonntag, 6. Juni 2021, 12:43

Getting a quadro/octo is inevitable I'm just trying to see what I can do while I wait for any retailer in the US to have stock.
If I use EK's pwm plug into the d5 next output, will I still be able to control the d5 next in Aquasuite only having the usb connected or would that output have to be connected to a fan header?

Not 100% sure what the question is, but...
  • if D5 NEXT is connected with USB (aquabus NOT implemented), then:
  • the D5 NEXT will have it's own tab in the aquasuite
  • there will be a pump section providing a controller for the D5 NEXT RPM
  • there will be a fan section providing a controller for D5 NEXT's PWM fan output for EK pump (NOT configured for flow sensor)
  • to have both pumps run the same, you have to design both the pump and fan controllers the same
  • no connection to external fan headers (e.g. QUADRO/OCTO) from the D5 NEXT is possible

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 23:00

Not 100% sure what the question is, but...
  • if D5 NEXT is connected with USB (aquabus NOT implemented), then:
  • the D5 NEXT will have it's own tab in the aquasuite
  • there will be a pump section providing a controller for the D5 NEXT RPM
  • there will be a fan section providing a controller for D5 NEXT's PWM fan output for EK pump (NOT configured for flow sensor)
  • to have both pumps run the same, you have to design both the pump and fan controllers the same
  • no connection to external fan headers (e.g. QUADRO/OCTO) from the D5 NEXT is possible

Thank you this was very helpful.
I finally found a quadro in stock here so I have that on the way.
Now my question would be best course/configuration..
Two pumps and 12 fans. I’m thinking both pumps in the first two channels, and the 12 fans split into the last two headers.. using a splitty9 to have all my rad fans on one channel, case fans split into the last channel. I have 3 addressable rgb items that I would like controlled in aquasuite as well. Also have a splitty4.

Any advice on configuration? or if there’s still a missing piece to make this happen? Any insight would be appreciated.

EDIT- not the d5 next into the quadro (does not work if I’m understanding correctly) but the rest I’ve listed stands

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ktiqs« (22. Juni 2021, 23:10)