• 28.04.2024, 14:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fan port 1 on OCTO dead?

Freitag, 28. Mai 2021, 21:25

Hello folks!

Fan port nr. 1 on my OCTO don't output any current no matter what I set it to. I have connected 8 120 Vardars with a max. total wattage of 17.28W via a splitty9, so that should be okay. It happened a couple of weeks ago, but at the same time it happened I had slid the radiators out (Corsair 1000D) to check on a couple of things so I just thought I had disconnected something. Got to checking the wiring today, but everything seemed fine so I tried to put the connector from output 1 to output 7 and everything works as it should. Am I missing some ''hidden'' setting somewhere I might have adjusted that I'm unaware of, or is it plane dead?

Remayz

Samstag, 29. Mai 2021, 04:14

Sounds like a wire got pinched.. but it's not necesarely very visible, just a nick on the insulation is enough to ground the 12v and blow the transistor that turns it on and off on that port.
I didn't find good pictures of the PCB and i'm not going to rip mine apart to check ^^' but since the Octo turns off the 12V when there's no speed demand, there should be a tiny SMD transistor tied to the 12V pin for each port.
If you feel like poking about, you can check it with a multimeter if it has a diode check function (with the Octo not powered, and unplugged).
The transistor should measure as two diodes back to back. If you probe the pins 2 by 2, you should find two silicon junctions (forward voltage readings roughly in the 0.5 - 0.6V), but never any short. If you have a short between any two pins, the transistor is toast. If you can measure only one junction or none, the transistor is toast.
That's what i would look at, if indeed you have some speed demand within aquasuite. Should be failry obvious in the Fan tab for the Octo. on port 1, voltage should be at 12v, and some PWM % on the output.

Samstag, 29. Mai 2021, 16:18

Thank you, Remayz. Dude, I'm a mechanic for a living, but I allways forget to measure my own shit. just sold a guitaramp as broken when the guy told med I could've just changed one of the capacitors:P I'll check that right now. The thing that beats me is that all the fans work on a different port. Thanks anyway:P

Remayz

Samstag, 29. Mai 2021, 23:59

haha, hey i studied electronics at the youtube university eh, but there's a few tips and tricks that will get you by for like 90% of issues. testing and changing caps, testing transistors, various diodes etc..

Even if we don't have the skills to repair, it can allow you to see if it's dead or not. SMD components are not fun to work with at home...