• 16.04.2024, 06:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SaiBork

farbwerk 360 RGB control on fans?

Freitag, 11. Juni 2021, 18:06

Hi all, quick new topic as nobody responded in the old one I thought I'd make a new one specific to this issue/query.

In the aquasuite software you can have led strips up to a 90 leds, however I have fans with 9 leds each. With led strips there are generally connections on both ends and thus you can extend and add more leds and then set up different controllers inside aquasuite on a single port on the farbwerk.

My fans have a splitter cable which allows me to connect more RGB/fans, however, every next fan is picking up the same 9 leds and thus duplicating the setting instead of showing up as extension/additional leds. This means changing the first 9 leds in aquasuite will change the leds on all the fans.

Fans in use are "EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB (500-2200 RPM) - White" - https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vardar-evo-…-2200-rpm-white
Picture of the RGB splitter built into these fan connections:

Is there a way I can have multiple fans connected on a single port and get the extra leds to allow separate controllers in aquasuite? Possibly using a different splitter? I was told that I would be able to manage 90 leds per channel, but that's currently not working as intended. Yes, it changes the lights, but this is just 9 leds and duplicating it.

Remayz

Freitag, 11. Juni 2021, 23:21

the connector on the vardars are parallel connexions, so all fans will play the same preset. they would need to be 4 pin fans to be able to daisy chain as you want (data in/data out/5V/ground).
afaik, the only other option is to use one fan per channel which is uh... pretty wasteful. So i'd be interested if there's another option out there but i don't believe there is.. besides hacking the fans to make a connexion to the last LED to serve as data out for the next fan.

SaiBork

Samstag, 12. Juni 2021, 08:47

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I wish they made a RGB or RGBpx SPLITTY that would allow 5V fans to be set in a serial connection, kind of like the Splitty3. And then would use that on a single farbwerk channel. Still would require a lot of connections, but the SPLITTYs are so much less expensive.

Remayz

Samstag, 12. Juni 2021, 15:36

the problem is they have no way of daisy chaining one fan to another since there's no data out on the fans themselves, so you can't connect them in series at all.

working around that sounds like a complicated mess ^^' Honestly i feel like making a fan dedicated farbwerk with many small led channels would be easier

Samstag, 12. Juni 2021, 20:54

This is an interesting challenge. It may be doable, mainly depending on if it is possible to get to the data_out of the last LED in each fan. There was a thread on this forum wherein a guy used a Corsair LED hub to do the data line daisy-chaining of some other brand of fans - I think Thermaltake. That is all a Corsair LED hub does. If there are actually 4 conductors in the RGB tail from the fan, and one of those conductors is data-out of the last LED., if you can get the RGB connectors that Corsair uses and put them on the RGB tails from the fans, with the right pinout, then the Corsair LED hub will do the daisy-chaining internally. He did have to cut a trace and solder a jumper in the Corsair hub to make this work. Here is a LINK to his post. If the last LED data_out is not brought out into the cable then I don't think it's possible. I guess you could make a new 4-condiuctor cable that replaces the one that comes with the fan, whose 4th conductor is attached to data-out of the last LED. Then you still need to do the daisy-chaining, so Corsair LED hub.

I saw another post wherein a guy installed small strips of spring loaded terminals inside his PC case. He gathered up all of this various devices with RGB, cut the factory ends off, then split the individual conductors out and landed them on these little terminals. Then did the same on the other side with all of the Farbwerk360 RGBPx ports. Then he made little "patch cables" that allowed him to cross the conductors in whatever pattern was required. It was a very elegant solution and beautifully done. Seemed like a lot of effort for blinky lights. Some people just like to do stuff like this. So it's possible, but may require some expertise with crimping contact pins onto small wires, some soldering, and a lot of patience. Good luck!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (12. Juni 2021, 22:29)