• 16.04.2024, 22:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Farbwerk360 Bouncing Balls Preset - Ball 1 Color Set Bug?

Sonntag, 13. Juni 2021, 04:39

I am playing around with the Farbwerk360 RGB presets, trying to figure out what the sliders and other various controls do. Some of them are obvious, some not so much. I am trying to figure out which preset would be the best starting point to build a "Marquee" type effect (similar to the Corsair Marquee pattern). I thought Marquee was a pretty basic and popular LED pattern and was a little surprised that the Farbwerk360 does not have a preset for it or something similar to it. Bouncing Balls looked like it had potential so I started playing around with that preset. The preset is assigned to an RGBpx port that is driving a 15-LED AquaComputer LED Strip - AQ #53268. There is no other LED Controller in AquaSuite assigned to the LED strip.

In the Bouncing Balls preset I see that there are 3 balls, which can each be set to a color or random. You can also select one, two, or three balls. Balls 2 and 3 work as expected, but Ball 1 is always white, no matter what I set it's color to. Random works for Ball 1, but not any color I set. When I change the color of Ball 1, the color sample panel for Ball 1 changes to the color I set but the actual LEDs stay white and the LEDs in the AquaSuite on-screen animation also stay white, while Balls 2 and 3 change to whatever I set them to. So Ball 1 can either be white or random. No color I set for Ball 1 has any effect. Also, the preset allow me to turn Balls 2 and 3 on and off, but not Ball1. Ball 1 is always on and its always either white or random. I think this may be a bug in the Aquasuite Bouncing Ball preset. I am running AquaSuite version X.39. I never played with this preset before so I don't know if this bug is new or not.

Could someone try the Bouncing Balls preset, and change the color of Ball-1 and see if the LEDs actually change color? Also, any opinions on what AquaSuite LED preset would be best to use as a starting point to build a Marquee type LED effect?

I attached a screen shot showing Ball-1 set to Green, Ball-2 set to Red, and Ball-3 set to Blue (tried to insert a LINK to the image on Imgur but it didn't work). The on-screen animation is showing white, red, and blue, not green, red, and blue. Ball-1 LEDs do not change color - they are either white or random.

Finally, Aquasuite crashed at least 6 times while I was messing around with LED presets. I was moving slide controls from one extreme to the other, to see what affect they have on the LED patterns. The screen would freeze then Aquasuite would crash. Is this normal?

Thanks
»Speedy-VI« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • 2021-0612 Bouncing Balls Bug.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (13. Juni 2021, 04:49)

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 19:21

No one? I really want to use the Bouncing Balls RGBpx preset but I want Ball #1 to not be white. As I stated in the post above, setting Ball #1 color to Random works but setting it to any specific color does not work. Ball #1 stays white no matter what color I set it to. Balls #2 and #3 work as expected. Has anyone else noticed this or could some kind person check me on this? I think its a bug in the Farbwerk360 Bouncing Balls preset. To test this, just connect an AquaComputer LED strip to an RGBpx port, assign an LED controller to it and select the Bouncing Balls preset. Then change Ball #1 color to anything other than white. On my system, the Ball #1 LEDs stay white not matter what color I select for Ball #1.

Thanks in advance!

Remayz

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 21:56

I tried it, same result, on 360 and Nano. the first ball is always white in fixed color. only changes when set to random.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 00:35

I tried it, same result, on 360 and Nano. the first ball is always white in fixed color. only changes when set to random.

Thank you! So I'm not crazy. Maybe I am the first person to sit there and go through all of the RGBpx presets. I'm now pretty sure its a bug in AquaSuite. Hopefully the management will see this thread, check for themselves, and fix it. Then I can finally have my colored bouncing balls! ^^

Remayz

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 01:30

Well until you mentionned it i didn't realize that new effect was there ^^ it made me redo a few presets

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 09:50

This is a bug and fixed with the next aquasuite version.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 20:58

Well until you mentionned it i didn't realize that new effect was there ^^ it made me redo a few presets

OK! I am glad that you got some benefit out of checking this for me. I did not realize that Bouncing Balls was a new effect. I am still trying to figure out how to make a Marquee type effect, but none of the AquaSuite presets seem to be able to do this. I think Bouncing Balls may be a starting point so I will keep playing with it.

Thanks again.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 21:03

This is a bug and fixed with the next aquasuite version.

Thank you! I am looking forward to this. I know its a small thing so I do appreciate your taking the time to verify the bug. Any chance you would add a Marquee type LED effect? Its a preset that Corsair offers that I really like and am trying to emulate in AquaSuite, which is how I ended up playing with the Bouncing Balls effect. After playing around some more I think the Noise effect could do what I want if it was only one color. It's really not that important but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

By the way - I am a convert from Corsair iCue and so far I am loving your products. AquaComputer is superior in every way (which I am sure you already knew).

Thanks again for verifying this minor bug,

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (17. Juni 2021, 21:43)