• 16.04.2024, 22:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

NEW: LEAKSHIELD - the safest liquid cooling system in the world

Montag, 14. Juni 2021, 09:00

Hier klicken für deutschsprachige Version

LEAKSHIELD - the safest liquid cooling system in the world

Aqua Computer celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2021. We have brought many innovations to the market in these 20 years - but today we are changing the market.

The first question on many people's minds is: water and computers? What happens in case of a leak?
As of now, this question has been finally answered: Nothing! 8o

A protective shield for liquid cooled systems
Aqua Computer presents LEAKSHIELD, an innovation that makes water cooling safe in a way previously not imagined. LEAKSHIELD builds a protective shield around your water cooling system and reliably prevents liquid from leaking out. At the same time, it is permanently on the watch for leaks and will find even the smallest ones.

How does this technology work? LEAKSHIELD creates a vacuum in your closed cooling system. If a leak occurs (e.g. through a crack in a component), no liquid escapes .

Just the contrary: ambient air will be sucked into the cooling system. LEAKSHIELD detects this immediately and an integrated vacuum pump maintains the negative pressure. The system can continue to operate for a short time without any issue in the event of minor leaks. Even drastic damage, such as a completely broken lid of a graphics card waterblock, usually no longer leads to a leakage of fluid.

Dream team: LEAKSHIELD and ULTITUBE
LEAKSHIELD is a great innovation for water cooling systems. It’s extremely small size and easy installation are amazing. It has been optimized for our ULTITUBE reservoir series and the entire system has been designed into the lid of the ULTITUBE. It only needs to be connected via USB and also draws all the power that way. It couldn't be simpler.

Soon the ULTITUBE reservoirs will also be available as a stand-alone variant without the mount for a D5 pump. Of course, these can also be combined with LEAKSHIELD.

Also customers with a reservoir of the aqualis series can be pleased. There will be an adapter for the installation of LEAKSHIELD in the near future.

For use with other reservoirs, we offer a universal adapter kit including a stainless steel bracket that can be mounted to 120 and 140 mm fan mounts.

All-rounder: Leakage protection, fill level sensor, leak tester, filling and deaeration assistance
However, the leakage protection is only the main feature. Aqua Computer has equipped LEAKSHIELD with further advanced functions:

LEAKSHIELD not only protects the system, it is also an extremely accurate fill level sensor. An intelligent volume measurement determines the level in the expansion tank with high precision.

In addition, LEAKSHIELD can be used as a leak tester. A precise sensor determines the pressure in the system with an accuracy of 0.0001 bar and reliably detects any pressure loss.

During system filling, LEAKSHIELD is also a great help: it simply sucks the coolant into the circuit. For this purpose, we offer a special filling kit including a feedthrough for your case. When the tube is pulled off, an innovative connector automatically seals it. The case does not need to be opened. Filling up coolant has never been more comfortable!

After filling, LEAKSHIELD actively supports the deaeration of the system via a multiple build-up and release of vacuum.

Extensive monitoring and alarm actions
In case of an alarm, LEAKSHIELD can warn visually and acoustically. LEAKSHIELD also registers on as a USB keyboard and is thus able to shut down the PC via commands. Additionally LEAKSHIELD has an interface to connect to the power button input of the mainboard and can also shut down the PC.

Multiple configurable alerts can also be sent via notification, email or tweet using the aquasuite software.

Everything at a glance thanks to display and RGBpx LEDs
The OLED display, which can be rotated freely by 360°, allows the most important functions to be operated directly on the device via a button on the side. All important parameters of LEAKSHIELD can be viewed on the display. In combination with the aquasuite software and the Aqua Computer background service, all hardware monitoring data of the PC can also be displayed.

The built-in RGBpx LEDs can be freely controlled via RGBpx controllers. In parallel they serve LEAKSHIELD for visualization of the current status, interaction with the user and in case of errors.

A safe bet all around
LEAKSHIELD has an integrated membrane which prevents entry of coolant into the device. Thus, a system equipped with LEAKSHIELD can be transported normally and no coolant can leak out. When transporting the computer, LEAKSHIELD can continue to operate, for example, via an external power bank.

With LEAKSHIELD, water cooling systems can be used safely in highly sensitive areas while being under constant monitoring for leaks. Whether expensive hardware or high demands on reliability: LEAKSHIELD is the answer.

We are sure that the way LEAKSHIELD works might raise further questions and we have already tried to answer as many of them as possible in an extensive FAQ list (download).

Of course, design and many technical aspects of LEAKSHIELD have been legally protected.

LEAKSHIELD for ULTITUBE can be ordered as of now at a price of 119.90 EUR. The standalone variant for operation with other reservoirs is available for 139.90 EUR.

As of today, water cooling with LEAKSHIELD is the safest liquid cooling system in the world. :thumbsup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Reviews:

Dienstag, 15. Juni 2021, 22:11

OMG I want it now.
Looks like wizardry.
Excellent idea and looks the business.

vvv850

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 18:56

I have the following loop:

2 x 360x60mm RAD
1 x 240x40mm RAD
Dual D5 pumps in Series
2 x GPU Blocks
1 x CPU Block
A total of 1.7L of coolant

Would this vacuum pump work for my system for filling and protecting in case of leaks?

Thanks

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 15:41

Would this vacuum pump work for my system for filling and protecting in case of leaks?

The empty part (air) of your reservoir should have a volume of at least 100 ml. The other components are OK but you will have to slow down the pump because both together at full speed will have a higher pressure than the vacuum pump of LEAKSHIELD.

The pressure of a pump increases quadratically with the speed.

H2=H1 * (n2/n1)²

H1 is the known pressure
n1 is the nominal speed
n2 is the set speed

For a D5 with H1 = 365 mbar and n1 = 4800 rpm, you can use this formula to calculate the max. pressure for each speed.
For example, if the pump is running at 3500 rpm, you calculate 365 mbar * (3000 rpm / 4800 rpm)² = 194.1 mbar.

So, with two pumps set to 3500 rpm, you will get a total pressure of a bit less than 400 mbar which is fine for LEAKSHIELD.

etoel

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 16:31

Congratulations - a truly innovative product.
It took me less than 10 seconds to order after reading the description.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 22:05

The empty part (air) of your reservoir should have a volume of at least 100 ml. The other components are OK but you will have to slow down the pump because both together at full speed will have a higher pressure than the vacuum pump of LEAKSHIELD.

The pressure of a pump increases quadratically with the speed.

H2=H1 * (n2/n1)²

H1 is the known pressure
n1 is the nominal speed
n2 is the set speed

For a D5 with H1 = 365 mbar and n1 = 4800 rpm, you can use this formula to calculate the max. pressure for each speed.
For example, if the pump is running at 3500 rpm, you calculate 365 mbar * (3000 rpm / 4800 rpm)² = 194.1 mbar.

So, with two pumps set to 3500 rpm, you will get a total pressure of a bit less than 400 mbar which is fine for LEAKSHIELD.

Attached is a small Excel file (zip format, xlsx not allowed) to calculate D5 pump output for 1 to 4 pumps synchronous from 1700 to 4800 rpm.

»InfoSeeker« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • D5_pressure.zip (8,38 kB - 715 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: Heute, 13:23)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (18. Juni 2021, 21:18)

vvv850

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 07:56

Thanks Shoggy and InfoSeeker for the info.

I'm running the pumps at 3000RPM with a resulting 1GPM (220LPH) flow so it should be fine.

Thanks

Sonntag, 20. Juni 2021, 01:06

Why no aquabus support?

Is there an aquabus version planned in the near future?

This makes my aquaero super sad!

Montag, 21. Juni 2021, 15:54

Leakshield is very promising but the problem at the moment is the 9-10 weeks of delivery time ;(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kreisler« (21. Juni 2021, 15:55)

Montag, 21. Juni 2021, 16:13

Why no aquabus support?

Is there an aquabus version planned in the near future?

This makes my aquaero super sad!

There will be no aquabus enabled version. The aquaero can not process any data of LEAKSHIELD since these are completely different values and structures.

Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2021, 16:47

Seems like a great product, just one question.

When a leak is detected, and the system shut down automatically, there is no longer any (USB) power for the vacuum pump.

This means air will enter the system, until the vacuum no longer exists, at this point water can still spill onto PC components?

So, in practice, how to deal whit leaks once they are detected and prevent water leakage onto PC components?

Another question, can the unit also be used to help drain water out of the system by shutting down the pump and creating a slight over pressure? (or some other means?)

Depending on the answers, i probably get this, seems AWESOME :thumbup:

Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2021, 16:57

The internal USB ports are normaly still powered during stand-by of your PC. That's why LEAKSHIELD is designed to be powered completly by USB.
If you shut down your PC completly using the power switch at the mainboard you neeed an external power supply or power bank.

LEAKSHIELD is not build to provide pressure, only vacuum. To drain your PC you can use a second reservoir and succ the coolant using LEAKSHIELD.

Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2021, 18:33

Thanks for the quick response. :thumbsup:

Did not think of that, how do i find out if USB ports remain powered? Is it in the MB specs somewhere usually?
I have an Gigaby x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming-CF. (who comes up whit these hideous names?......)

As for getting a second Leak shield just to drain the system, bit expensive for that.

Does the LeakShield fit on this pump/reservoir combo?
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-re…wm-incl-sl-pump

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 18:44

When can we expect it to be in stock? I ordered two, and can't wait to get them :D

Remayz

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 20:21

I'm so not buying that... it's too fun to watch it will make me want to drill holes all over the loop
:P

pneuma

Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2021, 03:13

I bought one and I can't wait for it honestly. I'm also running 2 x d5 next RGB pumps. I put them on a curve so both of them run round 80% will that be too much for leakshield? I guess I'll find out since I already purchased it. Had a bunch of problems with that shopping cart interface which cost me 175# order spots lol. With a 10 week shipping date that means alot actually. Dang @Marko22 got one quickly. Been about 30 days for me so another 30 minimum I'm guessing...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pneuma« (16. Juli 2021, 21:13)

marko22

Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2021, 18:10

The main question is - how long does it take to deaerate such a system?
Full specification here - https://builds.gg/builds/black-goliath-28453

Looking at the operation of this device, it will probably take me half a year.... :)

It works :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »marko22« (17. Juli 2021, 18:56)

Freitag, 13. August 2021, 13:39

Leakshield standalone is meant to be... a standalone! so not be mounted on top of a reservoir
if you want to mount it on top of yours, you want this https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=4062

Freitag, 13. August 2021, 14:28

You can put the stand alone LEAKSHIELD on the Ultitube with a fitting with two threads if you want to use the other connection in the lid for the return. It works with any reservoir.
Picture
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder