• 16.04.2024, 12:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Next Pump Ending Support Early ?

Dienstag, 15. Juni 2021, 18:48

I Bought the D5 Next Pump in Dec 19 and im being told by Aquasuite that the support for it for aquasuite is ending on the 5th of July.
Bit odd to only get 18months of software updates isnt it ? Is it based off of serial numbers in which case could this be a mistake ?
I thought you gave 2 years support for the software ?

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 05:58

D5 Next Pump

hi,

from the description in the shop:

"When you activate this product you will receive the current version of the aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least eighteen (18 ) months."

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3785

SaiBork

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 12:43

You're lucky with 18 months!

I only just installed my OCTO and farbwerk 360.

When I check the updates tab within aquasuite it shows the following:
farbwerk 360
- Includes update service until 02/12/2021
OCTO
- includes update service until 30/05/2021

According to the FAQ: "Newly purchased devices always include an update service. The duration of the service begins with the start of the aquasuite software or its setup."

Is this just invalidated because of the farbwerk 360 or is an OCTO really not getting an update service included?

Also, 02/12... thats just about 6 months.... with two pieces of brand new hardware.... Again, your FAQ says between 6 and 30 months. One would hope that if I purchase multiple products, these would be added on top, not just 1 or the other.

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 16:37

Both Farbwerk 360 and the OCTO have 6 months update service, you can read this very easily on the product page in the store, it is at the bottom of the product page for each device.
The topic is called: Notes on the aquasuite software:

If your OCTO does not have 6 months, it is either a mistake or you got a used OCTO!

It is best to contact the support with the serial number of the OCTO, then this will be clarified.

However, the fact remains that the time periods do not add up for multiple devices.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 16:53

Both Farbwerk 360 and the OCTO have 6 months update service, you can read this very easily on the product page in the store, it is at the bottom of the product page for each device.
The topic is called: Notes on the aquasuite software:

However, the fact remains that the time periods do not add up for multiple devices.

Yeah, that fact is indeed hard to understand. When I buy two devices at the same time and use this two devices from the same time on, I have only one time the update service. But when I keep one of the two bought devices in a safe place and bring it in my loop, when the update-service of the first device has ended, I will get it additional. Where is the advantage or disadvantage for AC? I can't see any. It's in my opinion only unfair for these buyers, which are buying more then one device per order, nothing else.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mditsch« (16. Juni 2021, 16:54)

SaiBork

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 18:35

Yeah, I bought the two items at the same time, i should therefore get 6+6=12 months, not just 6. I'm not going to buy multiple products and not implement one of them so I can extend the license. And then just linking to buy one instead is pointless, we know where to buy a license. I just spend £106 and only get a 6 months license on the software.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 19:07

Yeah, I bought the two items at the same time, i should therefore get 6+6=12 months, not just 6.

Well.. the license terms differ so no you shouldn't. but it would be nice indeed !
Imagine if you buy 4 Farbwerk nano for almost peanuts.. there you go with 2 years of updates when someone getting a more expensive D5 Next would get only 1.5. it's an endless debate :/

That said, Aquasuite is not updated that often, and usually minor changes. And it doesn't stop working. you just won't get updates.
Since i started using it the only visible change is the screenshot function...

Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021, 19:37

Zitat

It's in my opinion only unfair for these buyers
Fairness exists in sports, and only there.

In real life you will always be able to say it is unfair ;-)

Zitat

I just spend £106 and only get a 6 months license on the software.
You have not paid any money for a software license!
As soon as you use an Aquacomputer device that can be controlled via Aquasuite, you can install Aquasuite and use it without time limit, even if you buy an older and used device.
What you get with a new device, or for 9.99 €, is the update service, not a software license.

This service allows you to always use the latest version of Aquasuite and benefit from new features of the software or devices.

Do you get this with any other provider you know?

If you don't want to pump more money into the update service, you just stay with the last possible software version, should there be a new version that offers features you want, you can simply pay 9,99 € and use the new features, even if your device is already 5 years old.

Again the question, do you know another provider that offers you something like that?

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 01:52

Bit of a cold response to be honest.
Given the fact I had to change out the pump twice because you cant make a solid sata power connection wouldnt it crumbling into pieces at the time
Not how you keep brand loyalty

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 11:59

I always wonder why people think that free but non-existing update support is better than a well-maintained and regularly updated software for €30 per year.

For some reason software never seems to have any value in the perception of people. Like it's not any effort to create software. As a sw developer myself, this is really bothering me.
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

Remayz

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 13:15

Software is what can kill the entire experience, no matter how good the hardware is.. Having tried a few, i'd gladly pay for Aquasuite.
Hardware can fail, easy to RMA.. but when the software is botched, there's no salvation..

SaiBork

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 17:07

The software is part of the hardware, like drivers. Drivers can include new features and are usually free.
I suspect this hardware to last longer than 6 months, the warranty is 12 months, but the software license doesnt allow updates after 6 months.

This is the whole issue going on with Android and something everyone always complains about with Android. People expect software support and updates to the software for a reasonable amount of time.

I don't mind paying for software, it's the length that the device comes with that's my problem. Current version works fine for me, but I do wonder how this works when I need to reinstall my OS in a years time.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 17:10

It works without any problems, the current installer always offers you the latest version that can be used with your hardware!

SaiBork

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 17:24

Just reading the below post, but it is not clear at all
https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-fo…he-aquasuite-x/

Zitat

In order to provide our customers with a stable working aquasuite version even after the expiration of the update service, in case of serious errors, later versions will also be released for customers with an expired update service.

And you just said that if I reinstall the OS once the update license is expired, I can still install the software. Do you mean, I can download the latest version and use it, or do I need to download the current version and keep this backed up somewhere so I can use that to install when I reinstall?

If I can just download and install the latest version at all times, what is the update license cost for? Is this for firmware updates? Or can I always install firmware updates to the devices with the current version?

?( ?( ?(

From the FAQ on the license page

Zitat

My update service has expired, do I have to buy or extend it?
No! You can continue to use and reinstall the aquasuite version that was current on the expiration date of your update service.

https://aquacomputer.de/software.html only lists the latest version, so I should download this now and keep a backup of this file somewhere at all time to allow me to reinstall it in the future. However that goes against the earlier quote that says expired service can still get the later versions.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SaiBork« (17. Juni 2021, 17:28)

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 17:32

If you download the latest installer from the Aquacomputer site, it will always offer you the version that you can use with your device.

So if you can use e.g. the X.39 and you set up in 2 years without update service the computer again, the then current installer will install you the X.39.

If there were any serious flaws you will also be able to use a newer version, as you have already quoted.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 17:47

that's why Aquasuite won't install if no device is connected. It checks the devices SN to know what to download.. makes sense now

SaiBork

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 17:50

ok, so the installer from https://aquacomputer.de/software.html checks the hardware (my farbwerk 360 and octo) and decides which version to grab to install?

For example, in 5 months we will be on X.40 and my computer has updated to that.
Now in 9 months X.41 is released, I will still be on X.40 as my license has expired and I wont be able to update unless I buy a license.
Then in 12 months from now I need to reinstall for whatever reason, OS reinstall or just software. I download aquasuite_setup.exe from the above site and that will automatically install X.40 again

That's the way it works? If so, that's fancy!

Remayz

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 20:19

and as you quoted, in your example, if X.40 was found to have some serious bug, you'd be offered X41 for free instead

SaiBork

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 20:37

Thanks for clearing all that up for us, much appreciated. That sounds like a fair enough way to sort things out and not as complicated as it seemed from the start.