• 19.04.2024, 02:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 22:49

I suspect this hardware to last longer than 6 months, the warranty is 12 months, but the software license doesnt allow updates after 6 months.

This is the whole issue going on with Android and something everyone always complains about with Android. People expect software support and updates to the software for a reasonable amount of time.
In contrast to mobile phones, the Aquasuite is not really security relevant and prone for attacks. Also there are no third party applets which need to be compatible with it.

There is actually no disadvantage to stick with the latest working version of the Aquasuite, you'll never lose any functionality. Compared to Andriod, where newer applets might no longer word or the phone will become a security hazard.

Again: Do you prefer to buy your hardware from the usual vendors which NEVER update their software at all? Because that's what you usually get. Your whining will only get you that, nothing else.
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

SaiBork

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 23:05

Again, the software is like drivers for other hardware, which is free and gets new features as well.

However, with the previous explanation it's all fine as it's now clear how it works and that it's easy to redownload the software in the future and you just get the working version that was valid with your device. If needed for major bugs or issues it will give a newer version as well.

Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021, 23:54

Since when do drivers get you new features? In general?

If you're lucky(!) you get updates that work with the latest Windows, and that's not even guaranteed. There are only few exceptions, like GPU drivers. But look at printer drivers for example. Or about any other kind of device, really.,

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Grestorn« (17. Juni 2021, 23:56)

Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 04:04

I wouldnt mind if it was longer but 18 months support in general for anything is poor.
Aquacomputer based in Germany, the main state of the EU where warranty lasts 2 years by law is doing something no one else does and cheaping out on the support for the hardware by limiting the software which is needed to run the D5 Next I bought. Any money for your software should come from the sale of your products to the retailer based on the demand by the customer.
Also no response to my sata port crumbling and having to replace 2 D5 nexts is very poor .
This is how you lose customers

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 07:22

@WhiskeyOmega
This is not a support forum, if you have a problem with your products contact support directly and they will help you.

Here users help other users and that's just not possible with defects ;-)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 09:31

Also you are mixing support, warranty and software updates ^^'

you always have aquacomputer support durung warranty period, no matter what version of aquasuite you have, and you warranty is still the same.
Aquasuite won't stop working after 18 months, only the update service. Your warranty still goes on, same as support from the company (which doesn't come in the users forum but through their customer service)
Now if you want a real software debacle, i have an EK connect in my drawer that got used for 2 hours before getting there :)

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 09:40

Guys, we're talking about €10 for one year. So if you happen to really need a new version for some reason, like you really want a new feature or in the unlikely event that the old Aquasuite should become incompatible with a new Windows version, you'd have to pay the whopping amount of €10 once to get it running again.

Please, software support is not free. Most other vendors won't bother at all and leave you with a non-functional or outdated software package. I really can't believe all this whining.

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 09:44

Guys, we're talking about €10 for one year. So if you happen to really need a new version for some reason, like you really want a new feature or in the unlikely event that the old Aquasuite should become incompatible with a new Windows version, you'd have to pay the whopping amount of €10 once to get it running again.

Please, software support is not free. Most other vendors won't bother at all and leave you with a non-functional or outdated software package. I really can't believe all this whining.

well said +1 :thumbup:
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Remayz

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 10:38

.. or a farbwerk nano, and get some desk RGB at the same time for not much more lol

SaiBork

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 10:47

Nah cause a nano would only give 6 months and a license is a year ;)

Remayz

Freitag, 18. Juni 2021, 13:52

yea i was just saying about getting an important uodate :) or for those who want something in the mail for their money lol