• 18.04.2024, 03:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Octo + X570 USB Disconnection Issue

Samstag, 19. Juni 2021, 16:17

Hi, I have tried to raise this issue via email but due to lack of reply I suppose everybody is busy and so will try here. I have on hand an Octo that is not capable of holding a USB connection, when it does that Aquasuite loses the device and all software sensors reset to fallback values. Sometimes it reverts to normal operations after a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes and sometimes it does not recover at all.

The situation is like so (attached)

System uses 5950x CPU / X570 and all stability tests have passed, voltages are stable on the 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails; when this happens other USB devices remain connected. System BIOS was updated to AGESA 1.2.0.2

Same issue can be observed with a different USB cable, & different ports, where other devices would work fine

System runs Windows 10 (1909) with all patches from Microsoft

Any suggestion?

Regards
Evadne

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 19:09

Hello,
stumbled across this, because this is happening to me also.

Using octo with MSI X570 ACE motherboard since October. Sitting on 7C35v1E BIOS and nothing was happening. Now my OCTO drops USB connection once/twice per day and never comes back unless I reboot :(

Even if it somehow comes back without rebooting it's detected by system, but Aquasuite detects it as wrong device that needs firmware update (serial number with zeroes only).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »chaostheory« (22. Juni 2021, 19:13)

Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2021, 06:51

I suggest you both take a look at THIS There have always been issues relating to AMD chipset and USB but the link is directly associated with x570.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 19:06

Hello,
stumbled across this, because this is happening to me also.

Using octo with MSI X570 ACE motherboard since October. Sitting on 7C35v1E BIOS and nothing was happening. Now my OCTO drops USB connection once/twice per day and never comes back unless I reboot :(

Even if it somehow comes back without rebooting it's detected by system, but Aquasuite detects it as wrong device that needs firmware update (serial number with zeroes only).
Hello, try to disable USB-suspend in Windows if you haven't already tried that. It's enabled by default. same kind of issues alot of people have had with EK loop connect. I told someone in their FB group to try this, and haven't had a problem since (with disconnecting, the software is still not good).

https://www.howtogeek.com/296918/how-to-…your%20settings.