• 16.04.2024, 10:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

OCTO fan control for PWM fans

Sonntag, 20. Juni 2021, 07:00

Does anyone know whether the AquaComputer OCTO fan control for PWM fans can operate independently as a standalone connected only to a bridged PSU, or does the controller require an active motherboard, computer system?

Sonntag, 20. Juni 2021, 07:12

This has already been answered in your other thread.
All Aquacomputer devices run autonomously, they only need to be set up once, including the OCTO.
Without software you can only use sensor values from sensors directly connected to the OCTO for control, with software you can also use values from e.g. the motherboard, the graphics card or HWInfo64.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 20. Juni 2021, 20:09

This has already been answered in your other thread.
All Aquacomputer devices run autonomously, they only need to be set up once, including the OCTO.
Without software you can only use sensor values from sensors directly connected to the OCTO for control, with software you can also use values from e.g. the motherboard, the graphics card or HWInfo64.

Thank you. I had no idea that you were referring to the OCTO controller in my other post. If that is the case I might as well order the controller. I will have to order the OCTO directly from Germany, as aqua computer’s authorized vendors in the US are out of stock