• 20.04.2024, 02:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fan speed high with Aquasuite and Octo

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 04:00

I just purchased an Octo and got it installed. I have 4 PWM fans plugged into ports 1-4. The fans used to be plugged into my motherboard, and would run between 600-1800 RPM. In Aquasuite they will not run below about 1200 RPM, even when I have them at their lowest power. I was running them on an Asus mobo with Fan Expert 4, which would do a calibration after new fans were plugged in.
Is there some calibration that I'm missing in Aquasuite? They run at 1200 RPM when set at 5% and at 35%, and no slower. I'm testing with the power preset.

Thank you!

Remayz

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 10:08

you"ve been had !
More seriously, look in the fans page of the Octo. you can set the operating range of your fan. by default it's not 0 to 100% but something like 5% - 100%. This is for fans that have a 0RPM mode, to have the speed slider work all along.
Just set the operating range to 0-100% and you should be able to run them slower

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 15:04

Sorry for not being more specific, but I have been using the Fans tab on the Octo. I've tried the Power preset mode, and at 0% power the fans turn off, as expected, but at 1% power they turn on at ~1100 RPM. Using the target temp and curve controller modes, I have not been able to get the fans to run under about 1000-1100 RPM, either.
My motherboard was able to run them as low as about 600 RPM, and that was at roughly 30% power. They are also significantly louder with the Octo, which confirms the higher RPMs.

Remayz

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 16:36

Ah.. the range i was talking about only applies in curve control.
out of curiosity what is your fans model?
It's possible your motherboard was running them in DC control and undervolting them. Octo is a PWM controller only. So it's the fan control chip that will determine its slowest speed.

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 17:58

Yeah, I think it must be undervolting them. I just looked at the specs, and they're minimum speed is 1,000 RPM. So somehow my mobo was doing DC, or it was doing some combo of undervolting and PWM. Clever actually.
Oh well, I meant to buy better/slower fans eventually anyway. Thanks!

Remayz

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021, 18:42

yea 1000 RPM mini is pretty unusual. more often it's in the 6-800 rpm range.
If you're after scary slow and good static pressure at normal speed, the Arctic P12 go down to 200 rpm.. in PWM mode (no RGB tho), like you can read the logo while spinning..