• 20.04.2024, 00:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mafu

High Flow NEXT G1/4 RGBpx sound controlled effects

Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2021, 18:51

Hello!

I have the product "High Flow NEXT G1/4" that I purchased a while ago.
Recently I have finished building my water cooled PC.
Also recently (yesterday) I made "High Flow NEXT G1/4" functional, as I have only one internal USB header on my motherboard (Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme rev 1.1) 2.0/1.1. I am using a fan hub (Lian Li fan hub) that also is connected through an internal USB 2.0/1.1 header on the motherboard., so I needed to make it possible, to connect both of them on the same header (the fan hub and the high flow NEXT).

Today I installed the software and it's amazing, it's so great.

There is one problem tho. When I select from Aquasuite Software > high flow NEXT > RGBpx > LED Controller 7 > Cogwheel > a sound controlled effect, and I play around/ modify colors, changing speeds, selecting items from the list of "Outwards from center", "Inwards to center(A)", "Inwards to center(B)", "From the left", "From the right", "All LEDs", after some short time, the device doesn't show/ display the LEDs anymore. So, more simple explanation: I'm trying to select a sound/ music controlled RGBpx effect on my high flow NEXT G1/4, while playing music. I try to make it perfect. After some short time, there are no lights. I restart the PC, the lights work again, then the issue persists when I try to make it perfect/ modify colors and all that.

I also tried to save my progress on a profile, so I don't have to modify much/ start from scratch when PC is restarted, in hope that I won't trigger this issue. I went inside a video game and it only worked for a few minutes before the lights were off.

I also noticed that the only things that work are ANYTHING except the sound controlled effects (also when I am on a sound controlled effect that has the color "Background", the Background color works only in black and white. If different color, it will just display rainbow. Nothing else other than that)

What can I do to make it work? I would like this feature with its sound controlled effects to work properly, without it to stop working until a PC restart. And even with a PC restart, it works for a few minutes... I need it to work for 8-12 hours if possible.
Below are 3 pictures with 3 configurations, and me showing you with my right hand, towards the high flow NEXT G1/4 sensor. As you can see, there is one configuration with the color "Background" set to black, another picture with the color "Background" set to white and another picture with the color "Background" set to sky blue. During the making of this post AND the pictures, music is playing and as you can see, when it's black the "Background" color, there are no lights from other color entries "Purple", "Amber Pink", "Yellow" and "Amber Pink". Same goes for white "Background" color. When a color is selected, other than Black and White, it will display the rainbow that you can see in the picture. The parameter "Rotate color" also works, but nothing else than that.

Thank you very much for any help that I may get and have a great time! :)
»Mafu« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Mafu« (24. Juni 2021, 18:59)

Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2021, 23:23

You may have discovered an RGBpx preset bug. Unfortunately, I don't have a High Flow Next sensor so I can't verify what you are seeing, but I can try it with an LED strip. I just tried the Sound Slider preset. It has a slider control called "Rotate Color". With all 4 of the effects in the preset off, when I set a background color, it works (meaning the LEDs go to the color I set). But if the "Rotate Color" slider is set to something other than 0, I get a rainbow of colors. The Rotate Color slider goes from 0 to 100. As I increase the value, the range of colors expands. The Rotate Color slider control is also present in the Sound Shift preset. You didn't specify exactly which sound driven presets you are using. If it is Sound Slider or Sound Shift, make sure the Rotate Color slider is set to 0. If this is not the issue, then you may have found an actual bug in the preset.

Last week I found a bug in the "Bouncing Balls" RGBpx preset that was very specific. That preset has 3 "bouncing balls" and you can select a color for each ball. I discovered that Ball #1 color could only be white. I posted about the bug in this forum (LINK). Another kind forum member tested the preset and confirmed the bug. Then Sebastian (Admin) posted, confirming the bug and stated that it would be fixed in the next release. I updated to X.40 and the bug is fixed! Maybe I got lucky with the X.40 release date but I think it was about a week between finding the bug and having it fixed. Hopefully an admin will check this out, confirm it, and get it on the list for X.41.

Regarding your other problem (LEDs stop responding to sound after awhile), that could be system related. I am not sure where Aquasuite monitors the audio. The Windows Volume Mixer does not affect the audio level in Aquasuite, even if I mute the speakers. Is it possible that the LEDs stop responding after awhile because the audio signal is not getting to Aquasuite? Maybe an admin or someone with more experience with the sound driven RGBpx presets will chime in here. Good luck!

Mafu

Freitag, 25. Juni 2021, 01:09

You're right, with "Rotate Color" set to 0, I can put what color I want.

I am using the Sound Slider preset.

This is not the issue, especially now that we've learned how to "temporary solve" this issue with the background color, by setting "Rotate Color" to 0. The issue is that the preset doesn't work. I select the colors from the entries "Effect 1", "Effect 2.", "Effect 3", "Effect 4", I then select the sources, which mine are "Low", "Mid", "High" and again "High", then "Outwards from center", "All LEDs", "Outwards from center", "Outwards from center" (btw everything I say it's from top to bottom), then speed 7, speed 10, speed 4 and speed 4. "Lighting" is toggled "on", brightness is "100%". Even now while writing this reply, there is music being played in one of my tabs, from YouTube. My "high flow NEXT G1/4" doesn't do the effect. Only the "Background" color is displayed. Or the circling rainbow if the "Rotate Color" is set to higher than 0.

Freitag, 25. Juni 2021, 17:32

OK it sounds like the background color issue is resolved. I would not call setting the Rotate Color slider to 0 a "temporary solve". That is just how the preset works. If you want the background to be a single, static color, set the Rotate Color slider to 0. Regarding the LEDs not responding to the music and only seeing the background color - I will duplicate your settings and let it run with music playing, let it run and see what happens. I still think it is possible that the LEDs are not responding to the music because something is preventing Aquasuite from getting the music signal. I will test your settings and let you know what happens.

Mafu

Freitag, 25. Juni 2021, 19:43

Thank you very much Speedy that you try to help me and continously replying and trying to help :) <3

I hope more people will come in and do the same. And I hope this issue will be solved or fixed, either with an update, or with the help of this thread.

Remayz

Freitag, 25. Juni 2021, 22:38

I've been checking my reservoir set to the audio slider effect for the past few hours with your settings, and it still works without issues.
The rotate color one is indeed just a dynamic color setting.. select the central color, and it will wander off along the color wheel. 0 sets static.
The effect has not stopped working though.
Does it flat out stops? if you change the sound volume on windows or youtube depending on how sensitivity is set in Aquasuite audio filters, it will not trigger any light change. It's obvious but still worth mentionning.
Also if you plug another audio device, windows may change the default audio device and Aquasuite may stop tracking the right one. Can happen with headsets, webcams, or with some monitors (that Nvidia high definition audio thingie).

Mafu

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 13:36

Hello Remayz and thank you very much for helping!

Yes, after a bit of time (it can be random, some times it stops working after 1-2 minutes, some times after 15 minutes), it doesn't light anymore.

With every restart or start, I have tried different things, but the issue persists. I have went to "Sounds" and I have disabled everything else except the "Playback" source that I'm using(Headset) and the "Recording" source that I'm using(a desk microphone). I have also tried to not use so many color entries and to only use entry 1 and entry 2 and that means only two sound filters, like let's say low and high. I was thinking that maybe too many color entries and too many sound filters would overwhelm the device/ software/ analysation. Also I was thinking:
"hey, when I set something to "low filter", I see little number of "Hz", then "mid" a much bgger number of "Hz", then "high", I see 4.7k which is 4 more times than the "mid". What if those "Hz" are doing something somewhere to my gear. Maybe I'm gonna burn something like my internal 2.0 header or I don't know." - (I know, this might sound stupid, but I don't know, I'm not an expert)

Yes, I do have a headset that I'm using. A webcam is also plugged in and my monitor also has build in speakers. But would the webcam or the monitor interfere if they are disabled from "Sounds", "Playback" and "Recording" lists? During the writing of this reply, I have unplugged my webcam and I've seen that it disappeared from the list "Recording". I will see if it solves anything. Any idea on also how to remove the monitor from the list of "Playback"?

Thank you very much for any further help I can get!

Remayz

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 15:19

Dont worry about the Hz :p
It only adjust to what audio frequency range that setting (low, mid , high) will react to.
Since you have an AMD build i wonder if the issue could be due to their infamous USB disconnect bug. Usually it's adressed pretty well by using a powered internal USB hub. Do you use one to connect the fan hub and the Next ? Or is it a non powered one?

Mafu

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 21:39

I am sorry Remayz but I do not know what exactly means "a powered internal USB hub" / "non powered one" :(

So, I have the motherboard "Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme (rev 1.1)" which has only one USB 2.0/1.1 header on it.

I have connected two products on this header, which are the following:
1. The connector from the Lian Li Uni Fan SL120 fan hub/ controller which is a connector that has two rows of "square holes", 5 on one row and 5 on other row. On the second row, one "square hole" is "full", there's no hole in that square shape, hence the name "9pin connector". It has 4 wires: red, white, green, black. Since this connector has 2 rows, it wasn't possible to connect the product number "2."(below), because the header on the motherboard also has 2 rows of males/ pins only. So I went to a local dealer to find a bracket that could split one header into two. The local dealers didn't have that bracket and one of them offered to cut one row for me, since he said that the row that has no wires connected to it, it's useless. He cut it for me and I went back home so I can finally make my "high flow next g1/4" functional (the PC was built with it, but it wasn't functional since I was researching how to make it possible to connect "high flow next g1/4" too)
2. The connector of High Flow NEXT G1/4 which is a connector that has one row of "square holes", 5 holes. It has 5 wires: red, white, green, black and black again.

Question: How those connectors are connected on the motherboard header?
A1: They are connected according to the manual, the red wire on the top, the black wires to the bottom;
A2: The fan hub/ controller connector(5 holes, 4 wires) is on the row of the motherboard header that has 5 males/ pins and the connector of high flow next g1/4(5 holes, 5 wires) is on the row of the motherboard header that has 4 males/ pins. When I came back home and I was deciding on which row of the motherboard header to plug those connectors in, I thought that since my fan hub/ controller had 2 rows of "square holes" before being cut and was working on that way(being with the 5 holes, 4 wires on the row of the motherboard with 5 males/ pins) to leave it that way. I was a bit confused and I was thinking that maybe I should plug the fan hub/ controller on the row of the motherboard with 4 males/ pins since the connector has 4 wires as well, and to plug in the high flow next g1/4 connector on the row of the motherboard that has 5 males/ pins, since it has 5 wires, but I left it that way.

Please help me further, thank you very much!

Remayz

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 00:11

OK so nevermind, you are connected direct to the motherboard ^^
I can't really help too much since i have an Intel PC, but some people have experienced very quick disconnects/reconnects, the kind that don't trigger the windows disconnect sound, but still mess up the peripheral communication. I was wondering if it was the case for you.
The usual issue with AMD B550 and X570 is random disconnects of USB peripherals, somehow internal USB more often, but i varies. AMD, and motherboard manufacturers released bios updates to adress it. It could be a clue, but again, i have no idea if it's the issue you have.
That said, to kill two birds with one stone, if you're not happy about those two cables on one USB header, you could use what i was talking about, a powered internal USB hub like that :
https://nzxt.com/product/internal-usb-hub-gen-3
It powers the peripherals directly from the power supply without relying on the motherboard. That usually solves that disconnect bug, IF that's what you experience, which i can't tell. but it may clean up the visible cable clutter :p

As for the 4 or 5 pin USB connectors, well they are the same. The 5th pin in question is just a cable shield (another ground, like the black wire). It's rarely used. You have basically two identical USB connections, 4 wires, plus a cable shield ground.
Could be worth it to contact aquacomputer support directly while following here. There's delays so, better do it early, and maybe someone in the forums will have a solution ^^'

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 03:27

I've been checking my reservoir set to the audio slider effect for the past few hours with your settings, and it still works without issues.
The rotate color one is indeed just a dynamic color setting.. select the central color, and it will wander off along the color wheel. 0 sets static.
The effect has not stopped working though.
Does it flat out stops? if you change the sound volume on windows or youtube depending on how sensitivity is set in Aquasuite audio filters, it will not trigger any light change. It's obvious but still worth mentionning.
Also if you plug another audio device, windows may change the default audio device and Aquasuite may stop tracking the right one. Can happen with headsets, webcams, or with some monitors (that Nvidia high definition audio thingie).

Hi Remayz. I will also set up this preset and let it run for awhile. I also suspect Mafu's problem may have something to do with Windows Sound settings, in that something is changing and Aquasuite is no longer monitoring the audio, so the LEDs don't do anything. You mentioned changing the Volume. I noticed that when I had an audio based effect running, changing the volume or even muting the speaker with Windows Volume Mixer did not seem to affect the LEDs at all. They kept on bouncing around even with the sound muted with Windows Volume Mixer. I will have to play with this some more but it seems that wherever Aquasuite monitors the audio, if is not affected by the Windows Volume Mixer controls. I may be confused.

Mafu - Remayz may be correct that the USB disconnects that plague some AMD X570 systems may be causing this problem. I also have an X570 mobo (Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero). So far, I have not had any USB disconnect issues, but I have an NZXT hub and an AquaComputer Hubby7 in my system, which may be why I do not have USB disconnects. If this was happening, you would hear the sound that Windows plays when a USB device is disconnected. I think you would notice that sound playing over and over. Here is a LINK to the USB disconnect sound. Are you hearing this sound before the LEDs stop working?

Remayz

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 04:01

The audio analyzer reacts to what's going in the windows mixer, not to what's going out.
If you mute or change the volume in windows, it doesn't change LED behaviour.
If for example you change the volume directly in game or in a youtube video, it will change

Mafu

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 16:19

Hello guys and thank you for your further help on my case!
I couldn't reply yesterday because I was very busy.

@Remayz - I have contacted the support about this issue now 3 days ago (24th June) and still no reply :(

@Speedy - I do not hear that disconnecting sound.