• 18.04.2024, 18:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite X.40 Enables Hardware Monitoring when nothing is selected

Montag, 19. Juli 2021, 03:54

I am running Aquasuite X.40 and have unchecked all 7 boxes in the Hardware Monitor (because I am pulling in data from HWInfo64). I have noticed that after opening AQS, then going to the Playground and selecting an item and changing its data source, all of the Aquasuite Hardware Monitor items are available even though none of them are checked in the Aquasuite Service panel. It is like all 7 boxes are checked but they aren't. If I then go check one of the Hardware Monitor categories and then uncheck it, then go back to the Playground and change the items data source, Aquasuite Hardware Monitor items no longer appear, which is the expected condition. I have found these sensors reporting when they are not enabled several times after first opening Aquasuite.

I don't recall this ever happening on earlier versions of Aquasuite but I only started using AC products and Aquasuite a few months ago, so my experience only goes back to X.38. I am still learning, so I may not have noticed this before, but I have seen it happen enough times now to be fairly confident that this is not operator error. I don't consider it a huge problem. I just don't see the need to have all of the Aquasuite Hardware Monitor items enabled since I am pulling in data from HWINFO. It seems redundant to have the Aquasuite Hardware Monitor also polling everything. Why does Aquasuite keep polling these sensors when none of the boxes are checked in the Service panel? Why does selecting one sensor category and then unselecting it make it stop reporting that category and all of the other categories (as it should)?

Any input is appreciated.

Dienstag, 20. Juli 2021, 22:16

Bump - This is still happening. Anyone?

Maybe I did not explain what I am seeing clearly. In AquaSuite, there are 7 boxes that you can check to enable hardware monitoring directly by AquaSuite. I have all of them NOT checked. When I open AquaSuite, then go into the Playground and select a device and change it's data source, I find that Aquasuite is reporting everything it can, even though none of the boxes are checked in the AquaSuite Hardware Monitor. If I then check any box then uncheck it, then go back to the Playground, none of the Aquasuite hardware monitor values are available, which they should not be because none of the 7 Hardware Monitor boxes are checked. It seems that AquaSuite is defaulting to having all Hardware Monitoring enabled, even if the boxes are not checked. As soon as I check one then uncheck it, all of the AquaSuite direct hardware monitoring is disabled, as it should be. It doesn't matter which one I check then uncheck.Can someone please test this?