• 16.04.2024, 20:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

fan controller by power never decreases voltage and unable to control fan

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 21:50

I'm trying to control the front fan of my thermaltake case using aquasuite.
It was previously plugged on the main board and controlled using the asus ai fan software.

This fan has 3 pins (so it's not PWM compatible).

it is now plugged on an aquaero 6 + octo.
I updated all the firmwares and have the latest version of aquasuite X41.

In the Fans config of Aquasuite, whatever i choose (power controlled or speed controlled), "fan data" always display voltage =12V and current = 0.20A
There is a "power" value which changes depending on what i set, and also with minimum/maximum power sliders.
But it has NO effect AT ALL on the fan speed. It always stay around 890 rpm.

The main board's software was basic, but able to control this fan speed.
Is there anything i missed ?

Ty.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 22:17

yes. The Octo is a PWM controller :)
It doesn't do voltage control of older 3 pin fans. these are more rare now, and they are very inefficient to drive (the voltage control creates a lot of heat).
The only solution for Aquasuite would be to connect those fans to a Poweradjust https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3196
But tbh, it would make more sense to just invest in a better PWM fan. it's cheaper (if it's not a big 20cm thing, or some odd sized one)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (21. Juli 2021, 22:19)

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 22:57

I also have an aquaero 6
And it was able to drive 3 pins fans.
Why can’t he drive those now ???

Yes it’s an odd size fan of about 20cm
Sold with thermal take vt20 cases.
So it’s not uncommon at all - except the fan.

So I will not replace the fan.

I bought the octo for that.
I don’t have enough pins on my aquaero.
So I now will return it as it’s useless.
I remember that voltage driving used to work,
So I’m really upset with you.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2021, 23:51

from the Octo shop page :

"All fan outputs are compatible to PWM fans with four pin connectors only and feature overload protection."

Well the Aquaero does voltage and PWM, so maybe just move PWM fans to the Octo to free a spot on the Aquaero? To be honest, 3 pin fans are very rare. it's only the bottom of the barrel cheapo fans or some default case fans that have that. PWM is a lot easier, more efficient, stable when using splitters... there's too many reasons to drop support for voltage control really.If the Octo did that it would probably be quite longer, need heatsinks, be more expensive (basically an Aquaero) and only a very small number of users would need support for 3 pin

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (21. Juli 2021, 23:58)

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 01:27

I also have an aquaero 6
And it was able to drive 3 pins fans.
Why can’t he drive those now ???

Yes it’s an odd size fan of about 20cm
Sold with thermal take vt20 cases.
So it’s not uncommon at all - except the fan.

So I will not replace the fan.

I bought the octo for that.
I don’t have enough pins on my aquaero.
So I now will return it as it’s useless.
I remember that voltage driving used to work,
So I’m really upset with you.

Power/voltage control does work on the aquaero fan ports. Be sure to select 'Power controlled' under the 'Advanced settings' section. (power_control.jpg)

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 12:38

Thank you it is working !!!!

So it's something that should definetly be visible on your website: "OCTO and QUADRO can not drive non PWM fans, they will always run at 100%".

I moves some PWM fans from aquaero to OCTO, and moved the big rare case fan from ThermalTake with only 3 pins to the aquaero.
I am now able to control its speed.

Thank you !

PS: i love this product, but if i can help, as a customer, your website and product's description don't have the same marketing impact as corsair product have. Even if you have better product. Get a good web marketing with visionary sight and you'll explode your sells.

For example, i don't know what RGBpx is. It looks like a non standard protocol that can "downgrade" to standard addressable RGB leds, but with non standard pin sizes.

Second example: i baught the OCTO with 2 adapters rgbPx to standard addressable RGB leds. Well it looked like it.
So bad. I received a converter with male rgbpx pins, that can not be plugged on the OCTO. I need the reverse converter. But won't pay 11€ of shipping for it.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 13:00

mouth to ear seems to work bette than flashy marketing apparently :)
RGBpx is standard ARGB hardware-wise, but with better connectors. the one we call "standard" is the worst in existence, pretty much everyone has better connectors.. corsair, NZXT, AC, you name it.
The shop lists all the right info, Octo and Quadro say they support 4 pin PWM only
The RGBpx adapters say they need to be used in conjunction with a RGBpx cable (like one of those https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3940 but there are shorter ones too).

It's all there :)
Regarding marketing it seems Corsair works for AC. They popularize custom loop through the PC enthusiast crowds, people realize how low quality the corsair stuff is and they come to AC at least for controllers and software.
Custom watercooling is a very niche market and it seems to me that AC is pretty well established there already.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (22. Juli 2021, 13:31)

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 14:13

> Custom watercooling is a very niche market and it seems to me that AC is pretty well established there already.

Well i can't find much of your products on docmicro.fr, which is the (only) reference website (in fr) for buying watercooling stuff.
For example, no quadro nor octo.

I tried amazon.fr, where i did find octo/quadro, but they also sell the aquabus cable 12€ (required for me), much too high for a simple cable ....

Remayz

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 16:11

hey je bosse pas pour AC lol
Je n'ai jamais entendu parler de DocMicro, par contre AC on en parle partout ailleurs. Ils ne sont juste pas distributeurs pour AC, mais du coup ce serait a DocMicro de se rapprocher d'eux.
Sinon il y a https://www.aquatuning.fr/ qui est un gros shop européen basé en allemagne. leur stock est généralement bien fourni. mais bon.. toujours les frais de port pour un cable..

Freitag, 23. Juli 2021, 08:47

Hey,
what rgbPx accessory can i use to connect a "STANDARD" addressable led strip to my rgbpx header ?

Can't find any on the webshop.

Freitag, 23. Juli 2021, 11:44

Hey,
what rgbPx accessory can i use to connect a "STANDARD" addressable led strip to my rgbpx header ?

One of these ADAPTERS, and one of these CABLES (except items 53287 or 53288)

Samstag, 24. Juli 2021, 07:29

from the Octo shop page :

"All fan outputs are compatible to PWM fans with four pin connectors only and feature overload protection."

Well the Aquaero does voltage and PWM, so maybe just move PWM fans to the Octo to free a spot on the Aquaero? To be honest, 3 pin fans are very rare. it's only the bottom of the barrel cheapo fans or some default case fans that have that. PWM is a lot easier, more efficient, stable when using splitters... there's too many reasons to drop support for voltage control really.If the Octo did that it would probably be quite longer, need heatsinks, be more expensive (basically an Aquaero) and only a very small number of users would need support for 3 pin
Are you suggesting Noctua make bottom of the barrel fans ?
~

Looking at their product page they list 34 models with 3 pin connnectors (and 50 with 4 Pin so 3 Pin is 40% of their range)

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (24. Juli 2021, 07:32)

Remayz

Samstag, 24. Juli 2021, 19:47

No but they keep making them for people who still use 3 pins.
But these are rare since you have to actually buy them specifically.
The 3 pin fans people have are usually those i described, default case fans.

Hell i still have old NFP12 in 3 pins, but i bought them for an i7 2600k when it came out.. that's what i mean :)
If people have the choice, they will get PWM, they are way easier and more precise to drive, more so today when cases use so many fans and splitters become common use.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (24. Juli 2021, 19:50)

pneuma

Samstag, 24. Juli 2021, 21:01

Wait doesn't a an aquaero 5 Lt provide control for 3 pin fans
I have all four of those things so I don't notice. I have a power adjust ultra 3, aquaero6, aquaero5 , and octo. I just use the aquaero 5 Lt usually. I have the octo being controlled by the aquaero 6lt. I'm sure you could do the opposite and have the 5lt control the octo giving you the ability to control the fan with voltage over the octo? No?

Samstag, 24. Juli 2021, 21:04

No but they keep making them for people who still use 3 pins.
But these are rare since you have to actually buy them specifically.
The 3 pin fans people have are usually those i described, default case fans.

Hell i still have old NFP12 in 3 pins, but i bought them for an i7 2600k when it came out.. that's what i mean :)
If people have the choice, they will get PWM, they are way easier and more precise to drive, more so today when cases use so many fans and splitters become common use.
I don't disagree that PWM fans are easier & more efficient to control I was simply taking (very) mild umbrage with the statement that " it's only the bottom of the barrel cheapo fans " that still have 3 pin ;o)

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 13:35

Hey,

None of those are helping for rgbpx header TO standard led strip.

They are all for the reverse: plug a rgbpx led strip TO a standard header.

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 17:32

Hey,

I think you are confused. AC #53282 is used to connect a standard LED strip (or whatever) to an Aquacomputer RGBpx port. I am using one of these to connect a Fractal Celsius+ AIO cooler pump with 6 LEDs in it to a Farbwerk360 RGBpx port. Works great. Aquacomputer #53285 is used to connect an RGBpx device to a standard ARGB header (like the ones provided on many motherboards).

I am also fairly new to Aquacomputer (after several years of fighting with Aura and iCue), and at first found it all rather confusing. IMHO, most people "find" Aquacomputer after they have built a rig or 2 using Corsair, or NZXT, or Thermaltake. They buy all of this heavily marketed RGB stuff, and eventually realize that the hardware is cheap, the software is buggy, and in some cases the manufacturer does everything they can to prevent you from connecting other devices to their devices (Corsair). This was my experience with Corsair iCue and Asus Aura and Armoury Crate. I fought with these platforms through 3 builds before I discovered Aquacomputer. I found their product marketing to be very refreshing - straight and to the point, clearly stating what each item does, what it comes with, and what is required to implement it. Corsair marketing is aimed at teenage gamers. Aquacomputer marketing is aimed at those with more experience, and the serious custom loop crowd. It does take some effort to carefully read the documentation and think through what you are trying to do, and what devices and interconnect cables are required to do it. Special cables and adapters can be confusing, so you have to pay attention to the details. For my latest build I laid the ground rules - NO Asus Aura or Armoury Crate and NO Corsair iCue. I went with Aquacomputer for all cooling and RGB control, and I am very happy with the result.

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 19:15

There is not a converter that connects directly onto an RGBpx female connector.
Find which adapter fits your aRGB strip, then use a male/male RGBpx cable between the two female RGBpx ports of the adapter and your device (OCTO, QUADRO, Flow NEXT, D5 NEXT, Farbwerk 360).

Perhaps provide a link to the aRGB strip & RGBpx controller you have.