• 19.04.2024, 00:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Update/Disable Aquasuite Playground Notification from Outside Aquasuite

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 17:33

I have an Aquasuite Playground Notification configured that is designed to monitor temperatures/pump speed and initiate a shutdown if it seems like a pump failure has occurred. However, after the last Aquasuite update, something has gone wrong and this notification is causing my system to initiate a shutdown as soon as I log in (or rather, as soon as the Aqua Computer Service is started). I can restart to safe mode to prevent the service from loading and also disable it so that it no longer runs when I boot normally, but the problem I have is that I cannot edit the Playground Notification from within Aquasuite unless the Aqua Computer Service is running, and if that service is running the system initiates a shutdown immediately.

What am I supposed to do here? I guess if I uninstall Aquasuite completely and do a clean reinstall with no saved settings it would probably work, but then I would lose all my existing configurations which I obviously do not want. So is there a way I can either edit, or just disable, that Notification without the Aqua Computer Service running?

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 17:43

That's bad :)

You can go to the Data folder, for example C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data
Then open the file Settings_Notifications.xml and search for the name of the Node that shuts down your computer. When you found it you can add for example delays at "notification_delay" or remove the node from the file.
Of course take a backup of the file before.

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 18:08

You can go to the Data folder, for example C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data
Then open the file Settings_Notifications.xml and search for the name of the Node that shuts down your computer. When you found it you can add for example delays at "notification_delay" or remove the node from the file.
Of course take a backup of the file before.
Thanks, I was able to put in a long enough delay to figure out what happened. Apparently because my high flow NEXT and OCTO needed a firmware update to work with the latest version of Aquasuite, the notification was seeing the low flow rate / pump RPM conditions and thus triggering immediately.

So to figure out how to prevent this from happening in the future... can the firmware on the devices be updated BEFORE Aquasuite does? If so, then if I make sure to always check for firmware update before installing an Aquasuite update then that should be OK.

Alternatively, is there a way to have the notification check to ensure the hardware device is being fully working (reporting data source values)?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GokieKS« (22. Juli 2021, 18:25)

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 18:56

We will discuss options to disable notifications at such issues. Currently you can check if the device runs normal using a check for a second sensor.
For example use additional the temperature value of the high flow NEXT and if it's not in a valid range disable the notification in the flow chart.

The Playground needs some knowledge from the user and it's also inteded that the user needs to take care about these issues. You get the "raw" data and then you need to figure out the best solution for your system.But I think we will add an option to disable notifications at start up and maybe add an device info for valid data and the time the last valid data has been received. This makes it more comfortable to check it.

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 22:27

We will discuss options to disable notifications at such issues. Currently you can check if the device runs normal using a check for a second sensor.
For example use additional the temperature value of the high flow NEXT and if it's not in a valid range disable the notification in the flow chart.

The Playground needs some knowledge from the user and it's also inteded that the user needs to take care about these issues. You get the "raw" data and then you need to figure out the best solution for your system.But I think we will add an option to disable notifications at start up and maybe add an device info for valid data and the time the last valid data has been received. This makes it more comfortable to check it.
Those sound like they would be good viable options. Thanks!

I did this too!

Freitag, 23. Juli 2021, 04:04

I did this too! I set up a notification to shutdown the computer if my pump RPM goes below a threshold value. I had something set up wrong and got into the same situation. The computer would shut down as soon as the Aquasuite service started. I got out of it by booting into safe mode and loading a recent Windows restore point. I posted about it HERE. Another forum member responded that he did the same. He fixed it by booting into safe mode and editing the config XML file, as Stephan suggested. So you are not the first to have this happen. I guess the Playground has the potential to get you into trouble, because its a fundamentally powerful tool. Some sort of "safety" or escape mechanism would be nice to have, so long as it is configurable and will not end up being an impediment in some cases.