• 19.04.2024, 22:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Temperature sensor resolution?

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 21:26

I am looking at the temperature sensors that go with the OCTO, specifically part # 53067. Is there a datasheet for this?

Since the OCTO allows for 4 sensors I was thinking of putting them on the inlets/outlets of my CPU and GPU. I could then use the temperature rise and flow rate to calculate the amount of heat being pulled off of my parts.

However, since the flow rate is high the temperature difference is going to be small. I want to know if the sensors have enough resolution and precision to make measurements accurate enough to get a correct ΔT.

Thanks!

Remayz

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2021, 22:51

the resolution is great, and mostly depends on the controller to be honest.
on AC i see the values being fairly stable at 1/100th of a degree. The same sensors on a Corsair commander pro gave me readings in the +-0.5° range

the only problem you'll run into is they are not really calibrated like thermocouples would be, so there will be variations from sensor to sensor.If you want a precise measurement for power dissipation, i suggest you check them against a TC to enter an offset in Aquasuite so they are matched in their readings.. to get an accurate dT value.
that said, as you said the dT will be small, for the CPU at least, so you'll have better luck, and more precise results, calculating the power dissipated by the rads (rad inlet - rad outlet if they are in series with no block in between). but you can do that too with the setup you want to do.
that would be a way to check how precise your measurements are. the dissipated power from each block should match the power dissipated by the rads

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (22. Juli 2021, 23:02)

Freitag, 23. Juli 2021, 01:13

Perfect, in that case I will try it and see how it goes. I plan on using the Aquacomputer software.

I agree that the best setup would be sensors on parts and rads and then I could compare for accuracy, but I think I would need 5 sensors (and probably one more for air). I notice that the High Flow NEXT has an integrated temperature sensor and a plug for an external one. I could use that as one of my loop temp sensors and the external one as my case air temp? Then I would have 4 more sensors from the OCTO which should give me enough to measure everything. The Aquasuite software should be able to combine the measurements from both sources, correct?

Remayz

Freitag, 23. Juli 2021, 01:59

if you have a series loop, you would only need 3 sensors to do all those various virtual sensors.
all rads in series, going to sensor - GPU - sensor - CPU - sensor and back to rads. If the pump is in one of those positions, then that's two sensors only that you need :)
If you loop rads between blocks, that will require more sensors for intermediate readings

One for air would be very useful too to get the water to ambient temperature difference, commonly used for fan speed control, auto adjusting all year long if your room has no AC (since radiator efficiency is directly related to that value)

you can use any combination if inputs to make virtual sensors, or reuse the same physical sensors several times of course. Any sensor reported to Aquasuite can be used, from hardware ones in the Next pump, temperature sensors, flow sensors, but also the ones from hardware monitoring, HWinfo etc...