• 16.04.2024, 18:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Farbwerk360 problems

Dienstag, 27. Juli 2021, 23:07

Hi:
I picked one of these up finally, and I connected it all together and it kills my system about 1/4 of a second after I power it on. If I unplug the molex from the Farbwerk, the PC will boot after the PSU resets (unplug PSU power from back and replug after about 10 seconds). If I plug it in, it refuses to boot or respond to the power button.
I'd hate to think my luck was this rotten. Is this dumb thing dead?
It is installed properly, on its own molex lead from the PSU. I followed the directions. I have a >2 year old system, >1 year old waterblocks, so it SHOULD work. Is there some setting I'm missing, like legacy USB or something? It just does nothing after killing the system upon initial power-on.
Thanks.

Remayz

Dienstag, 27. Juli 2021, 23:12

maybe look at the manual of your motherboard and double check if you didn't plug the USB thin connector backwards. It has happened :)
If you do so, there's chances you connect a 5v line to ground,and trigger your PSU's short circuit protection

Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2021, 05:33

maybe look at the manual of your motherboard and double check if you didn't plug the USB thin connector backwards. It has happened :)
If you do so, there's chances you connect a 5v line to ground,and trigger your PSU's short circuit protection

I checked that out. The USB was wired the right way. I seem to be having a problem with my PSU. I cannot plug in a molex and a sata lead into the PSU, the system won't start. If I plug in only the sata, on any port, it will start perfectly fine. If I plug in the molex lead, the system turns on and immediately off.
I think something is shorted with my molex power delivery in the PSU. I'm gonna try the Farbwerk on a different PC, and see if I can get it to fire up, I guess.

Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2021, 06:05

Further investigation reveals that yes, there is a short in the Farbwerk360 unit I have. I'll be sending it back.
My gaming PC wouldn't work with it, and it did the same thing to my rock-solid HTPC. It has some kind of short on the board that makes the PSU trip off volt-protection and the system won't do anything.
It did take a few weeks of waiting for performancepcs to even get em in stock, so I think I'll just be asking for a refund because sending it back to aquacomputer for RMA/warranty evaluation is about 60 dollars in shipping.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2021, 09:40

I never had to deal with that with AC, but usually, shipping is taken care of by the company when something fails under warranty.
Make sure it's not something dumb like a wonky protective metal plate on top of the PCB.