• 24.04.2024, 21:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fallback Values Not Working?

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 05:10

I have a Quadro and Aquasuite installed. I've put a couple addressable leds on the RGBpx and they change color according to temperature. But they use software sensors as a data source and the fallback setting doesn't appear to work during boot up. For about the first 10 to 15 seconds, the lights respond as though the temperature is much higher than the real temp and much higher than the fallback temp. Wasn't sure what it did, so I tried selecting "save and restore permanently" on the software sensors, but that didn't fix anything. I also tried setting a delay on the aquasuite startup, but same results. Am I missing something?

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 08:45

But they use software sensors as a data source and the fallback setting doesn't appear to work during boot up.
this is normal. You dont have fallback values. During the system startup the device has no sensor informations.
The fallback values in the playground is only for missing data sources.

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 10:18

During startup, when there is no sensor information, it behaves as if the temp value is 100. Is there any way to change that?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ryan_F_Mercer« (3. August 2021, 10:20)

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 10:31

it behaves as if the temp value is 100
No, this is the same like no sensor is attached.
You cant change that.

RE: Fallback Values Not Working?

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 12:36

{snip}
Wasn't sure what it did, so I tried selecting "save and restore permanently" on the software sensors, but that didn't fix anything.
{snip}

What does this option do? save_restore.jpg
I find no reference to it in the aquaero manual.

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 13:51

What does this option do? save_restore.jpg
This is the initial value when the sensor is the calculated the first time after startup.

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 16:28

This is the initial value when the sensor is the calculated the first time after startup.

This option saves the final value of the Virtual Sensor at system shutdown, and inserts it at the following system startup until the Virtual Software Sensor is able to generate an updated value?

Dienstag, 3. August 2021, 17:53

This option saves the final value of the Virtual Sensor at system shutdown, and inserts it at the following system startup until the Virtual Software Sensor is able to generate an updated value?

I would also like clarification on this. Sebastian's explanation is worded quite strangely and does not make sense to me. I have 2 Farbwerk360s in my system. They are controlling various LED strips and devices. Both Farbwerk360's have a preset that controls LED color based on CPU temp, but it is not the default preset. When I boot up, all of the LEDs connected to the first Farbwerk360 light up bright RED. All of the LEDs connected to the second Farbwerk360 light up bright BLUE. I have no idea why and am wondering if this "Save and restore value permanently" will have an effect on what the LEDs do before Aquasuite starts up.

Mittwoch, 4. August 2021, 03:33

That would be nice, but it doesn't appear to. I think he meant it uses that value when the software sensor first loads but before it takes a new reading. Unfortunately, that is still several seconds into startup.

What I'm trying to understand is why the startup default value appears to be 100. I mean, why 100 instead of zero and why not make it adjustable?

I've been working on a work-around that *almost* solves the problem. It's not perfect but might work for some. The system starts up with whatever profile it shuts down with. So I created a startup profile with different RGBpx settings and changed the Automatic profile selector to first load the startup profile then look for a running program. If the program is running, then it changes the profile back to my standard profile, but when the shutdown sequence begins, the program gets closed and it switches to my startup profile just before the computer shuts off. Then when I restart it is still in the startup profile while the software sensors load. This works, but the problem is if I set it to watch a program that starts at user login, then it switches the profile when a user logs out, and if I set it to watch a program that starts before user login then it shuts down without switching the profile, either because there isn't time or a necessary monitor is no longer available. It also doesn't solve wake from sleep.