• 23.04.2024, 14:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

How can I setup a standalone delta temp for Quadro?

Montag, 16. August 2021, 18:45

I read that the Quadro could be used standalone after initial setup, and that fan curves could be based on “virtual” sensors such as a delta between two sensors.

However, I don’t see a way to do that without the software running.

I would understand if the calculation depended on data outside the board, but the delta I want is between two sensors directly plugged into the Quadro (outside case temp and radiator inlet temp).

The Quadro has a 32bit MCU, so it should certainly be possible.

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 00:22

once you have set everything up in the software its written to the device afaik so after initial setup it should run as you instructed without the software running

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 09:57

once you have set everything up in the software its written to the device afaik so after initial setup it should run as you instructed without the software running

It seems to work standalone based on direct temp readings. But I don't seem to be able to depend on a virtual sensor standalone - I'm not sure quite what it's doing, but it clearly no longer updated the delta (I manually warm up the thermistor with my hand)

Like I say, I would understand if the virtual sensor depended on something not available to the board directly, but in this case it's just the delta of two direct sensors I'm interested in.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »marcosscriven« (17. August 2021, 10:08)

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 10:51

Virtual Sensors calculated by software and require a a running service/pc. For a standalone operation you can only use one of the connected temperature sensors.

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 10:59

Virtual Sensors calculated by software and require a a running service/pc. For a standalone operation you can only use one of the connected temperature sensors.

Thanks for the info Sebastian.

May I ask the reason for that, in the case that the calculation is a simple subtraction, of two on-board values (I.e not data that's only available on the host OS)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »marcosscriven« (17. August 2021, 11:06)

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 14:03

The aquaero, and only the aquaero, has built in virtual sensors capability.
If you don't want to/can't run the aquasuite, you may want to look at an aquaero 6 LT.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (17. August 2021, 14:05)

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 14:10

o, and only the aquaero, has built in virtual sensors capability.
If you don't want to/can't run the aquasuite, you may want to look at an aquaero 6 LT.

So far as I understand it then, this it purely a marketing distinction, as technically it would be extremely simple to compute the difference of two sensors it has locally.

Again, I get why it would be much harder to rely on data/sensors external to the board.

Donnerstag, 19. August 2021, 01:49

I agree is does seem like this would be easy to do within the onboard MCU. I don't know how often the temp sensors are read, or how often Aquasuite performs the calculation. There may be more to it. If these calculations could be done locally on local sensor data only, I would think that in addition to subtracting one value from another to get a delta, it could also offer sum, avg, lowest and highest. It would really open up a lot of possibilities in use cases where the fan controller is operating autonomously. I don't know if there would be enough demand to warrant investing the time to update the code in the fan controllers. So I guess it is a marketing decision. But beyond this use case, it would also make the platform generally more resilient. Aquasuite is a great program, but its a program and programs crash sometimes. Having these simple calculations done in the controllers, totally independent of software, would ensure that these calculated values were available to the controller as long as it has power. Depending on software is a bit of an Achilles Heel, and doing this would be an improvement. My 2 cents.

Freitag, 20. August 2021, 16:49

Anything can be done in an MCU - but it needs to be done, needs service and these are costs that need to be paid.
We have a big range of controllers and it's a conscious decision that QUADRO doesn't get virtual sensor functionality in hardware.

Freitag, 20. August 2021, 22:38

Anything can be done in an MCU - but it needs to be done, needs service and these are costs that need to be paid.
We have a big range of controllers and it's a conscious decision that QUADRO doesn't get virtual sensor functionality in hardware.

This is a fair point. You would have to provide support for this additional functionality. Can you confirm Info Seekers statement that only the Aquaero supports this ?

Standalone single fan control with two temperature sensors

Montag, 6. Juni 2022, 22:06

Hello all,
Recently installed the Quadro into my Corsair One SFF, with only one top fan for both the CPU and GPU AIO radiators. For standalone operation as I dual boot Linux and Windows, I needed the top fan to respond to changes in both and / or any one of CPU or GPU coolant temperatures.

Virtual sensors don't work standalone. So I used the GPU coolant temperature sensor plugged in to the Quadro as the main top fan control input and the CPU coolant temperature sensor also plugged in to the unit as an offset. This essential adds the two temperatures in the Quadro firmware and controls the top fan based on the sum, so the graph needed tweaking to take that into account. Not exactly a delta temperature, but working very well thus far, both in Linux and Windows :)
EDIT:
The second input as an offset really does not work as intended. Looks like I might have to upgrade to an aquaero 6LT if I can fit it in this case :|

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ckibue« (24. Juni 2022, 20:36)