• 18.04.2024, 14:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to connect > 8 temperature sensors?

Sonntag, 5. September 2021, 00:00

Hello all,

No product yet, trying to work out if a given combination of the aquaero products will work for me.

A review of v5 on Martin's lab says the controller can handle up to 40 temperature sensors. I think this involves plugging something into the 'aquabus' port, but the only example I can find is a G1/4 plug that uses the whole port to provide one measurement.
What parts do I need to read ~ sixteen temperature sensors at a time? Some are to be occupied on water and ambient temperatures. The excess would be on CPU blocks since I think I can use that to detect when a given computer has started heating up (software looks like it can deal with if max(some sensors) > N start the pump).

Thanks!
Edit: the answer may be that plugging a quadro into the controller aquabus port adds four sensors + four fan headers to it, and lots of quadros can be connected via a fan splitter. Unclear on how many but seems likely to be sufficient

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JonChesterfield« (5. September 2021, 00:34)

Sonntag, 5. September 2021, 06:40

You do not need to attach temperature sensors to the various devices that make up your computer, such as CPU, GPUs, motherboard, disk drives, etc. Those can be monitored by the aquasuite or external monitoring programs.

Sonntag, 5. September 2021, 09:43

Hello infoseeker,

That is true. However the appeal of this suite of components to me is that they can run independent of a host computer. If I can get enough temperature sensors and fans connected (the latter is OK via various splitters) and use a controller to drive fans and pumps based on said sensors, then I think I can cool multiple computers with a single watercooling system.

Connecting a number of quadro/octo boards through aquabus looks like a way to scale one controller across multiple computers.

Sonntag, 5. September 2021, 12:30

Using the aquabus requires an aquaero.
The number of temperature inputs available over the aquabus are discussed in section 23.4 (Temperature sensor data from aquabus devices) in the MANUAL.

Donnerstag, 16. September 2021, 20:57

The manual was helpful, thank you. 23, functional upgrades in particular. It looks like enough extra parts can be connected, and that one will need to be careful exactly which are used as not all combinations will work.