• 19.04.2024, 07:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problem with controlling D5 pump motor PWM - 41105

Montag, 6. September 2021, 14:58

I just finished building my two loop system and I am having trouble with the speed control on one of my pumps. I have two pumps: "Aqua-Computer D5 pump motor PWM - 41105" connected to "Aqua-Computer aquaero 6 LT USB fan controller - 53234". The first one works fine and allows to regulate the speed to about 35% of the PWM signal which gives about 800 RPM. The second one, however, at the level of 1% PWM still rotates at 1810 RPM, and at the level of 50% PWM signal sets the speed to 3699, while the first pump reaches then 1328 RPM. Is it possible that the second pump has interchanged cables for tacho and PWM signal ? Or is the problem in the pump/PWM controller itself ? See attachemtns for screenshots of lates Aquasuit. Is it possible to fix this problem somehow? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Montag, 6. September 2021, 15:38

The pump control range is 2000 rpm up to 4800 rpm.
You can adjust the slower running pump with the minimum power to start at 2000 rpm.

Montag, 6. September 2021, 18:05

For me problem isn't the "slower" pump. It's working on reported 800 RPM (I have flow indicator) and I'm running it most of the time at 1100 RPM. The second one on "minimal power" is significantly louder than the first one. The second pump wasn't used before, may it be faulty ?

Montag, 6. September 2021, 21:39

The second one, however, at the level of 1% PWM still rotates at 1810 RPM, and at the level of 50% PWM signal sets the speed to 3699
This is the correct behavior of the Aquacomputer D5 Pump.

Your slow pump is either from a different manufacturer, or it is broken because it does not have the speed limits that Aquacomputer enforces in the Pump Firmware.
(it is also possible that there is a problem with the Molex Connector, and the slow Pump is running with 5V or 7V instead of 12V.)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (6. September 2021, 21:48)

Remayz

Montag, 6. September 2021, 23:10

if the NEXT is louder, you may want to accelerate it slightly. there are several narrow speed ranges where the pump is more audible. Spinning up the pump can get you out of such ranges.
remember there's two speed pulses per rotation on water pumps. your other pump is effectively spinning at 400 RPM. there's not much flow there :)

As an example (it varies depending on the case, what mounting dampeners there are etc..) my D5 was loud at 50%, somewhere around 66% and at 73%.
just moving a few % off these values rendered the pump almost inaudible.