• 16.04.2024, 12:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

RGB sync across channels?

Dienstag, 21. September 2021, 14:02

I'm just getting to grips with my Farbwerk 360 and was wondering if there is a way to syncronise a lighting effect across multiple channels? For example;

If I have an ARGB device on RGBpx 1 and another on RGBpx2 and I add the Color change effect to both channels and set it to random, can I link this effect between RGBpx1 and RGBpx2 so that both channels fade to the same random color each time?

I know I could daisychain the 2 ARGB devices to the same channel, but in this use case I need to isolate 3 LEDs on 1 of the devices to a specifc colour. I'd then like the remaining LEDs to be in sync with a device on a separate RGBpx channel.

Dienstag, 21. September 2021, 16:54

I have wondered this myself. I have not found any way to sync RGBpx channels in a Farbwerk360. I have 2 Farbwerk360's and wanted to sync RGBpx channels between them but never found a way to do it. If you do find a way, please post it.

Remayz

Dienstag, 21. September 2021, 19:22

I haven't tried yet but maybe you could make some sort of RGB sync clock with a virtual sensor, using one of the signal generators and make the RGB respond to it

Mittwoch, 22. September 2021, 03:39

I haven't tried yet but maybe you could make some sort of RGB sync clock with a virtual sensor, using one of the signal generators and make the RGB respond to it

Hmmm.... Need to think about this. When I added a second Farkwerk360, the lack of sync between them became apparent pretty quickly. They don't seem to "be aware" of each other in Aquasuite. Having them trigged by a virtual sensor is an interesting idea.

Regarding OPs question, I thought some more about this. OP is trying to sync between RGBpx ports in the same Farbwerk360. I am not sure what OP means by "daisy-chain the 2 ARGB devices to the same channel" but think OP should use Multi-Assign. I made an effect based on the Sequence effect on RGBpx channel 1, then used Multi-Assign for the other channels. The Multi-Assigned LEDs play back in sync. Then I wanted the first 3 LEDs on one LED strip to change color based on a temperature. To do this, I made a separate LED controller for those 3 LEDs, set it to change color based on the temperature, then placed that LED controller above the base Multi-Assigned controller. This gives it a higher priority so it overrides the base effect. So I have four 15-LED strips doing the Sequence in sync, with the first 3 LEDs on one of the LED strips indicating a temperature. The base sequence is the same but it is overridden by the higher priority temperature based effect.

I don't know if random color changes will sync but I suspect that if you set up an effect that has random colors on say RGBpx port 1, then use Multi-Assign for the other ports, the "random" colors will be the same on all ports because Multi-Sync makes them all controlled by the master. You can still use the priority capability of the Farbwerk360 to separate out the 3 LEDs that you want to do something different. I will try this when I have some time to mess around with it. I am pretty sure Multi-Assign will accomplish what OP is trying to do, even with an effect that uses random colors. Good luck!

Mittwoch, 22. September 2021, 09:12

Hmmm.... Need to think about this. When I added a second Farkwerk360, the lack of sync between them became apparent pretty quickly. They don't seem to "be aware" of each other in Aquasuite. Having them trigged by a virtual sensor is an interesting idea.

Regarding OPs question, I thought some more about this. OP is trying to sync between RGBpx ports in the same Farbwerk360. I am not sure what OP means by "daisy-chain the 2 ARGB devices to the same channel" but think OP should use Multi-Assign. I made an effect based on the Sequence effect on RGBpx channel 1, then used Multi-Assign for the other channels. The Multi-Assigned LEDs play back in sync. Then I wanted the first 3 LEDs on one LED strip to change color based on a temperature. To do this, I made a separate LED controller for those 3 LEDs, set it to change color based on the temperature, then placed that LED controller above the base Multi-Assigned controller. This gives it a higher priority so it overrides the base effect. So I have four 15-LED strips doing the Sequence in sync, with the first 3 LEDs on one of the LED strips indicating a temperature. The base sequence is the same but it is overridden by the higher priority temperature based effect.

I don't know if random color changes will sync but I suspect that if you set up an effect that has random colors on say RGBpx port 1, then use Multi-Assign for the other ports, the "random" colors will be the same on all ports because Multi-Sync makes them all controlled by the master. You can still use the priority capability of the Farbwerk360 to separate out the 3 LEDs that you want to do something different. I will try this when I have some time to mess around with it. I am pretty sure Multi-Assign will accomplish what OP is trying to do, even with an effect that uses random colors. Good luck!
Ah this is the answer - you can click multi-assign on one of the controller effects then drag and drop it over to the other channel. The effect is then in sync (including the randon color change). Thanks.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 22. September 2021, 09:32

I never even noticed the multi assign button lol
I'll have a play with it to see what it does :)

Donnerstag, 23. September 2021, 17:59

Multi-Assign is definitely something you want to look at. The Farbwerk360 has a limit of 20 LED Controllers across 4 RGBpx ports. When I first set mine up, I had redundant controllers doing the same thing on different ports and hit the 20 controller limit. I realized I could use Multi-Assign in a lot of cases and was able to get rid of a bunch of redundant controllers. It also makes effects like OP was using run in sync because multiple RGBpx ports are being driven by the same software LED controller. The manual says up to 60 assignments can be configured. I am not 100% sure how this limit works.

Example - Can I make one LED controller then Multi-Assign it 60 times? Can I set up 10 different LED controllers and Multi-Assign each of them 10 times? I think the answer to both of these questions is yes but I have not tried it. I don't think I would ever have anywhere near 60 Multi-Assigns anyway.

The 20 LED controller limit is the one I initially hit and was able to get around by using Multi-Assign. Using Multi-Assign in tandem with the Priority capability of the Farbwerk360 allows you to minimize the number of LED controllers used but still have settings that are unique to a particular RGBpx output. The example I described above of having 2 LED strips driven by the same LED controller (via Multi-Assign),but have 3 LEDs on one of the LED strips change color based on a temperature is an example of using Multi-Assign to save an LED controller, then using Priority to allow different behavior on 2 RGBpx outputs that are driven by the same Multi-Assigned LED controller. If you take the time to think it through, you can leverage these capabilities to get more out of your Farbwerk360.

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2022, 19:16

Hi all

sorry I'm late to the party, but is the multi-assign button still alive in version X.53?

for the life of me I can't find it.

any help would be welcome

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2022, 21:01

Hi all

sorry I'm late to the party, but is the multi-assign button still alive in version X.53?

for the life of me I can't find it.

any help would be welcome
Yes its still in X.53. PICTURE

Also, Aquacomputer did mention a few months ago that they will be adding some sort of multi-device RGB sync capability. I don't know any more details than this. I am really looking forward to this because I have 2 Farkwerk360s and currently there is no way to sync them.
»Speedy-VI« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 2022-0608 multiassign C.png
  • 2022-0608 Farbwerk360 Multiassign Instructions.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (8. Juni 2022, 21:14)

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2022, 11:10

Thank you for the response Speedy,

I think I found the problem, I was looking for this on the Octo, (the multi-assign is not even in the manuel).
Seems this function is reserved for the Fabwerk 360.

PS: found my fabwerk 360; it has multi-assign. My Octo does not.

I have a fabwerk 360 around here somewhere, I will dig it up and give it a try.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rash« (9. Juni 2022, 20:56)

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2022, 19:15

Yeah I think Multi-assign is limited to the Farbwerk360 and the Farbwerk Nano. The RGBpx ports on the Farbwerks also support Transparency. For the Octo, Quadro, and other devices that have RGBpx ports on them, as you stack RGB effects (they call them LED Controllers), the effects higher in the stack block the effects below them. With Transparency you can allow effects lower in the stack to "bleed through" the effects higher in the stack. This is a very powerful feature that allows an LED or group of LEDs to be driven by multiple effects at the same time. This opens up a lot of possibilities.