• 19.04.2024, 21:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Cannot Set Up Any Aquacomputer Devices (D5 Next, Aquaero, Farbwerk)

Sonntag, 26. September 2021, 10:27

I'm having a heck of a time here--never had this issue with previous systems.

I just booted up a new machine with my AC D5 Next, Farbwerk, and Aquaero 6 all connected to a Hubby7 over USB, and the Hubby7 connected to an internal USB header on my MSI X570 Godlike. Hubby7 did not have SATA power but all devices are powered individually. All individual devices are working--pump is pumping and lit, Aquaero is on and powering fans, Farbwerk is on and powering lights. Hubby7 jumper was on USB (but have also tried on SATA of course). OS is Windows 11.

As soon as I plugged it in, t[font=&quot]he OS told me that the port was experiencing a power surge and the port even started smoking a bit.[/font]
[font=&quot]
[/font]

[font=&quot]I unplugged and have since tried all kinds of different ways to connect the various devices to my motherboard but. While I can reproduce the power surge issue, the only other outcome I get is that the USB devices are not recognized when I plug them in. Instead, they show up as an undefined USB resource ("Device Descriptor Request Failed" in device manager! [/font]
[font=&quot]
[/font]

[font=&quot]I have tried:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Powering the Hubby7 in both jumper positions and plugging it into both USB 2.0 internal header (causes power surge and smoking) and USB 3.0 internal header with adapter (devices not recognized by windows)[/font]
  • Using a powered NZXT internal USB hub, both 2.0 and 3.0 header (via adapter). None of the devices are recognized.
  • Using an unpowered USB internal splitter, both 2.0 and 3.0 header (via adapter). None of the devices are recognized.

Any ideas?

Sonntag, 26. September 2021, 23:57

I am confused. You described how everything is hooked up, and say its all working - D5 Next is pumping and lit, Aquaero is on and powering fans, Farbwerk is on and powering lights. Then you say as soon as you plugged it in, the OS reported a USB power surge and the port started smoking! As soon as you plugged what in? What port started smoking? A motherboard USB header? A port on the Hubby7?.It is possible you plugged one of the 5-pin USB connectors into a header backwards? It is very easy to do as there is no keying or blocked contact to stop you. You need to double check that the red wire is on pin 1 on every 5-pin USB connector. If you plug one of these in backwards, it could cause a surge to be reported and possibly damage the port. If something actually started smoking, there is a good chance that something is damaged.

Reading your post again, I think what you are saying is that when you plug the Hubby7 into a motherboard USB port, you see a power surge and smoking. What is smoking - the Hubby7 or the motherboard header? Then you replaced the Hubby7 with an NZXT internal hub. No power surge or smoking but none of the USB devices are recognized? This makes me think you may have damaged the Hubby7, and possibly something associated with the motherboard USB port.

Freitag, 1. Oktober 2021, 13:24

Obviously
Your hubby7 has failed
There may be a short circuit or other problems between you plug and unplug
I have also happened to a similar situation
Suddenly fail without any signs
The operating system cannot distinguish the hubby7 device
After the guidance of customer service staff
After confirming that the system cannot recognize hubby7 with a set of usb detection software
aqua sent me a new hubby7.
Currently using usb socket for power supply.
All seven sockets are plugged in.
D5 NEXT x2
Farbwerk 360 x1
High flow NEXT x1
Aquaero XT & LT x1
LEAKSHIELD x1

Montag, 4. Oktober 2021, 05:47

Obviously
Your hubby7 has failed
There may be a short circuit or other problems between you plug and unplug
I have also happened to a similar situation
Suddenly fail without any signs
The operating system cannot distinguish the hubby7 device
After the guidance of customer service staff
After confirming that the system cannot recognize hubby7 with a set of usb detection software
aqua sent me a new hubby7.
Currently using usb socket for power supply.
All seven sockets are plugged in.
D5 NEXT x2
Farbwerk 360 x1
High flow NEXT x1
Aquaero XT & LT x1
LEAKSHIELD x1

Thanks, Jacob! I've changed to a different device and now it works.

Montag, 4. Oktober 2021, 22:33

Congratulations on returning to business :D