• 20.04.2024, 03:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fabwerk 360: Same effect daisy-chained on multiple "LED controllers" one after the other

Mittwoch, 6. Oktober 2021, 11:33

Hello,

I'm using a Farbwerk 360 for all my lighting (in addition to a QUADRO for my watercooling loop and a VISION Touch table top for monitoring), and it works really well!

I know it's possible to "Multi assign" the same "LED controller" to different groups of LEDs, or to "Duplicate" an effect to create a second identical copy.
But what I want to achieve, is using the same effect linked on multiple "LED controllers" of different sizes in order to have the effect daisy-chained.
The "LED controllers" in question are located on the same device (Fabwerk 360), but on different outputs.

For instance, the effect start on a first controller that controls 16 LEDs on the first output, then jump to a second controller which controls 24 LEDs on the second output, then jump to a third controller (etc. etc.).
That's the only missing feature I really wanted to have to get a nice effect (like a wave or lazer) going over all RGB items in my build one after the other.

I tried to go around that limitation using "Runtime" and "Delays" sliders, but I honestly can't figure out how they work... They are not linked to specific number of LEDs so I can't manage to achieve anything with those options.

Is what I want to do something achievable? And if not right now, is it a feature that could be added in a future version of the firmware?
Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ZeblodS« (6. Oktober 2021, 11:35)

Maybe add a Time-Line to Aquasuite

Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2021, 01:08

To do what you are describing, I think they would have to have a time-line based function. You would assign each RGB software controller the number of LEDs (which is how it works now), but add a start time and a rate or duration. For example, if you wanted the LEDs to sequence across multiple LED strips you would do the following.

Assuming RGBpx port 1 has a 15-LED strip connected and RGBpx port 2 has a 30-LED strip connected, and you want one lit LED to move sequentially from LED strip 1 LED #1 to LED strip 2 LED #30 -

Add an RGB controller to RGBpx port 1 and select the Sequence effect. Set it for 15 LEDs, NEW PART - Set Start time T=0, Rate=3 sec. This would tell AQS to start this effect at T=0 and complete one cycle in 3 seconds across 15 LEDs.

Copy the RGB controller to RGBpx port 2 and stretch it out to 30 LEDs. NEW PART - Set Start time T=3-sec, Rate=6-sec. This would tell AQS to start this effect at T=3-sec and complete one cycle in 6 seconds across 30-LEDs.

The chain trigger could be tied to a data value, OS event, Hot Key, etc.

I don't see how this could be supported without adding the concept of a time-line, which would require a significant amount of new code, and updated GUIs in the application. Many of the preset patterns may not make sense to sequentially trigger like this, but some of them have definite potential. I ran into a similar issue that may also be solved by doing this. I have 2 Farbwerk360s. They are both connected to AQS via USB but there is no way to synchronize them. I had LED strips on both Farkwerks that were set to identical effects. I quickly noticed that the LEDs on Farbwerk #2 are not in sync with the LEDs on Farbwerk #1. I got around this by rearranging some ports but a time-line that both Farbwerks could "see" would allow them to synchronize. It would be a "soft sync" in that multiple RGBpx ports in multiple Farbwerks (or Octo or whatever) could see the time-line and trigger at the proper time, but they could still drift during effect playback. In the pro AV world we call this "A starting gun and a prayer". You can get away with it when the sequences are short, which in this case they are. I suspect this would also only work while AQS is running as the time-line and start triggers would exist in the software.

There may be another way to implement this. I don't know if this something that AC would invest time in. They did a really good job with the whole RGBpx platform, but I don't think they have really done anything to enhance or improve it since it was released. I have only been using AC products for about 6 months so I may be wrong about this. Anyway, adding a time-line to the RGBpx software would open up a lot of possibilities. I don't know if iCue supports something like this, and I don't know how big of a selling point it would be. Seems like most AC customers are hard core custom loop guys who care a lot more about water cooling than RGB. The serious RGB enthusiasts will program an Arduino and build their lighting effects from scratch one LED at a time. Time-line based effects would be a powerful addition to RGBpx and I hope the AC guys read this thread. Maybe they will go for it, or come up with a better way to allow what you are after, and allow synchronization between multiple RGBpx ports spread across various AC devices.

Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2021, 15:40

The timeline idea seem really great, but it would imply a total overhaul of the Aquasuite software, and I'm fairly certain that won't happen anytime soon...

What I had in mind was more a way to link several "LED controllers" between each other. Maybe just an option to tell that the controller is part of a sequence (a checkbox?), with a previous controller dropdown list of some sort.

When you check the box that tells it is part of a sequence, the only available option is a list of all the existing "LED controllers" where you select which one is the previous in the chain.
And then the controller automatically takes all the parameters from the previous linked controller, and just add more LEDs to the effect.
That way you set the effect on the first controller of the chain, and just link more controllers after to form the chain.

EDIT: even more simple, I made screenshot concept :

Select a controller, for example "Strip front" on the first output of the Farbwerk 360.

With the "Strip front" controller selected, click the "Chain" button right next to "Multi-assign" button.

It create a chained element, called "LED Controller 15" in that example, that you can put in any of the four output of the Farbwerk 360, with any LEDs length.

No option whatsoever, it just says it's chained with the previous controller "Strip front". They both share the same effect setup, the "Snowfall" effect is just chained from the first to that second controller.

From here you can create a third controller by selecting the "Chain" button again to have a chain on three controller, etc.

From a user standpoint it would be very easy to use and to understand.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ZeblodS« (7. Oktober 2021, 18:34)

Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2021, 21:32

You're right - this is a simpler approach. I don't know how difficult it would be to add something like this. I also don't think it would solve my issue of not having a way to synchronize 2 Farbwerk360s (or a Farbwerk360 and some other AC device that has an RGBpx port on it). It would still be a quite powerful addition and I hope that the mods will read this thread and consider it. They have a solid RGB control platform and the hardware is already figured out. I think any enhancements or new features that they may add will be additions in the AQS software - more presets, new preset controls, and your linking feature.

The only hardware change I would like to see is an increase in the 90-LED limit on the Farbwerk360 ports. 90 sounds like a lot until you start adding things like Corsair QL series fans which have 34 LEDs each. If they could get the limit up to 136 LEDs, a Splitty4 could handle 4 QL series fans. If the 90-LED limit is due to current limitations, they probably can't do this without a hardware change or some other software imposed limitation. Example - Assuming they can address 136 LEDs and its a current limitation, maybe they could set it up so if you put more than 90 LEDs om a RGBpx port, they limit the brightness to 70% and/or maybe not allow full white. I would be fine with either of these limitations to keep the maximum possible current draw below whatever the hard limit is in the hardware while increasing the limit to more than 90 LEDs. The current limitation is probably only a problem in the worst case - all LEDs lit at the same time, white, 100% brightness. Most people are not going to do that, but if they tried to, the software would not allow it. Here's hoping!

Remayz

Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2021, 22:02

only an issue for QL users :P
for the current limit, the outputs shutdown if current draw is too high, requiring a reboot. AS displays a warning saying the channel has been shutdown because of a current surge (i discovered that testing full white on my fans).

I suppose the 90 LED limit is refresh rate limited.maybe increasing the number of LED per channel would require a different microcontroller to update such long strings with decent fluidity.
So many things to considerate i wouldn't bet on current draw alone at being the limit for the 90 leds
Coming from the corsair ecosystem, i much prefer more channels of fewer LEDs than the opposite. More often we're out of channels than LED count.

Freitag, 8. Oktober 2021, 09:27

From what I understood, the synchronization between two Farbwerk 360 is not that easy to implement because the background process of Aquasuite only transmit sensors data over USB, nothing else.
All the effects computation are done directly on the Farbwerk 360 integrated micro-controller. They have no easy way to implement a synchronization mechanism without changing deeply how it's currently working.