• 18.04.2024, 15:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

drbo

Laing dualcase, 2x poweradjust and pump rpm?

Montag, 26. November 2007, 10:17

Hi,

I have built a complete watercooled PC, where the water i driven by to Lain pumps i series (This pumps was bought before the XT arrived, since i needed the extra delivery height), using a dualcase. The pumps is controlled by two AC Poweadjusts.

Looking at the screenshot (picture#2), one can see that pump#1 is running 10% faster (rpm) than pump#2, where pump #1 is getting water from the tank, and is feeding water to pump#2. Pump#2 is getting water from pump#1, and is feeding the loop. (see picture#3).

[img]http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=191640[/img]

[img]http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=177871[/img]

Question 1 Should i leave both pumps at 100%, or should I adjust them so that they are running at the same speed?

Question 2 Is there ay way to get the poweradjust part of the aquasuite softwere to read the flow information from the aquaero pert of the software. It seem strange to me that the different parts doest share such info ...
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Mike44

Re: Laing dualcase, 2x poweradjust and pump rpm?

Freitag, 15. Februar 2008, 22:53

Zitat von »drbo«

Question 1 Should i leave both pumps at 100%, or should I adjust them so that they are running at the same speed?

Question 2 Is there ay way to get the poweradjust part of the aquasuite softwere to read the flow information from the aquaero pert of the software. It seem strange to me that the different parts doest share such info ...

Question 1: No, leave the pumps running as they are.  The second one should be going slightly faster anyways - at least I hope this is what's going on here?  Here's the reason.

The first pump is taking the coolant from 0 L/min in the reservoir and pumping it out say at 5 L/min. This takes, say, 100% power.  When it arrives at the second pump though, the coolant will still be flowing quickly, say at 3 L/min.  So the second pump will not have to work as hard to get the water flowing up to 5 L/min again.  And because of that, you'll be showing an RPM for the second pump to be a little quicker. The speed of the coolant entering is almost 'helping' to spin the propellor faster - lol.

So it's okay to leave it in this configuration.

Question 2:  Hmm, don't know myself about it.  Are you connecting the pump controllers via USB to the computer or directly to the aquaero via the flat ribbon cable?  Or, I guess you'll be using the Laing DDC pump controllers?  So connected via USB, right?  So then there probably isn't communication between the two.  There are a few things that could probably be 'revised' in a next update or something!!  This could be one of them!!

Mike