• 17.04.2024, 00:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

farbwerk 360 Lian Li Strimmer Plus

Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2021, 18:03

Does anyone know if the Lian Li Strimmer Plus line of aRGB cables can be controlled with a farbwerk 360? The product page says the 3 x 8 pin GPU cable has 162 LEDs, and the 24-pin has 120 LEDs, which seems like too many for farbwerk 360 with the 90 LED per port limit, but I saw a video where someone is controlling it with Corsair iCue, so now I don't know. I don't know if some of the LEDs in the LL strips are split off in parallel or something? I ordered the 24-pin and 3x8 and connect them to my Corsair stuff if I need to, but would prefer farbwerk 360 if it were to work.

Lian Li Strimer Plus unboxing and icue control! - YouTube

Figured it out

Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2021, 03:44

In case anyone else is interested, I got my LL Strimer Plus 24-pin and 3x8-pin GPU cables in and test this out. The Strimers connect to the included LL controller, and then it has an optional cable you can use to connect to aRGB 3-pin 5v output, like a motherboard or whatever. I cut the end off of that cable and wired it up to a 4-pin Corsair type connector like the QL120 fans use. It technically only uses two of the three wires, ground and data out. The 5v power is supplied by the LL controller. Connected to a Corsair Commander Node Pro that comes with the QL120 3-pack fans, as long as it's connected on port 1, or after your last fan (since they run in series), iCue can control the Strimers, but since the Commander Node Pro has to control all devices on it as the same type of device, it shows up as a QL120, so you have to select the individual LEDs that light up the Strimers.

Unfortunately neither iCue nor farbwerk 360 (or any aRGB 3-pin controller) can control all LEDs individually. The Strimers are limited to controlling LEDs across the strips in parallel, so the 24-pin Strimer can individually control 20 sets of LEDs, and the 3x8-pin Strimer can control 27 sets of LEDs. The way the LEDs are configured in iCue a lot of effects look wrong since they are designed for fans and don't line up right with the strip. With farbwerk 360 you don't have this problem, you just drag down the controller to 20/27 LEDs and effects work like any other LED strip, but still limited to parallel LED control, unlike the LL controller, which can light up different areas of the strip with the built-in effects.

So, bottom line, you can control the Strimers with farbwerk 360 or iCue, but no individual LED control, but you can at least do it in software, and not have to open your case and push buttons on the LL controller to change effects/colors/brightness, etc. The color options with the LED controller are also extremely limited. It looks like even LL's Uni Fan Controller is limited like the farbwerk 360 controlling LEDs in parallel since it connects with the 3-pin aRGB connector. There is a video that shows the switch from LL controller with more effect control to external controller control where effects are in parallel in this video. It's around the 10:50 mark where it's switched:

Lian Li Strimer Plus - To use on Uni Fan Controller - YouTube

Wallboy

Samstag, 17. Juni 2023, 08:37

Bit of an old thread, but I'm a bit confused how Lian Li's Strimer controller has more per LED control then a Farbwerk 360. I know other Lian Li fans are also like this where only a subset of the total amount of LEDs they specify are in their fans are actually addressable, where they "mirror" certain LEDs. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/lianli/comments…_cable/jifwnu6/

I know a little bit about the WS2812B specification when it comes to the data line, and each LED from my understanding takes 24 bits on the data line to calculate it's color, before passing on the next 24 bits to the next LED and so on.

So what could Lian Li's own Strimer controller be doing differently to address more then the 20 (or 27) LEDs? Are they using a custom LED chip with WS2812B compatibility?

Someone needs to do some science with an oscilloscope to see what's actually going over the data line on Lian Li's own controllers versus third party ones.