• 16.04.2024, 14:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Ryzen 5950X temperatures with aqua computer radiators

Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021, 01:13

is there any one running a ryzen 5950x with aquacomputer airplex radiators ? i'd like to know what radiator you are using and what temperatures you are seeing with these radiators(both stock and overclocked temperatures will be highly appreciated). i'm looking to do a build using the 5950x and i would like to know the performance of these radiators when paired with that processor. thank you very much for your interest.

Remayz

Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021, 09:26

the temperatures will be 99% tied to the Vcore and your case's airflow to be honest. the radiator and waterblock effect won't change much from brand to brand.

Most of the time CPUs will hover 30° - 40°C above water temperature when loaded, and even beyond depending on the overclock.
Loop performance will only make that base temperature vary by a few degrees

Samstag, 16. Oktober 2021, 20:16

hello Remayz, thank you for your informative reply i really appreciate your input.

i ask this because there are some old reviews online of the airplex radiators that show weak performance when compared to radiators from other brands all things being equal. if i remember correctly, it was down to the fin density on the airplex radiators being lower than those of competing brands and therefore cooling performance was affected. since these reviews are a bit old, i would like to have up to date cooling data with current hardware in order to make a final choice.

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 15:15

hello Remayz, thank you for your informative reply i really appreciate your input.

Hello
I believe we read the same review from xtremerigs in 2015. In September of this year, I built my external radiator-airplex modularity system. Before that, I was very doubtful about the performance of this set of radiators. The reason is the same as you. From this review. At the end of this review, it is mentioned that this is a set of high-limit radiators. I searched various forums, fan groups and owner discussion areas for the meaning of the so-called high-limit radiators, and finally found a related narrative, roughly the meaning It means that the fan performance (air volume and pressure) of the airplex radiator is very important. If the fan performance is below the threshold, it is difficult to exert the effect of the radiator. I don't know which fan Xtremerigs uses for testing, but in my nearly two years of experience, I have never seen the CPU and GPU in such a low temperature, whether it is in standby or high load environments.
The radiator and CPU block that used to be EKWB are now replaced by Aqua models, and the heat dissipation efficiency has been greatly improved.

Idle,
Cpu: ~31c
Gpu: ~28c
On load,
Cpu: ~48c
Gpu: ~40c
Room temp:25~26c

Before:
Idle,
Cpu: ~64c
Gpu: ~35c
On load,
Cpu: ~72c
Gpu: ~48c
By the way~ the model of the fan I use is Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, Heavy Duty Cooling Fan, 4-Pin, 3000 RPM (140mm, Black),You can use Aqausuite to control those fans at a very quiet level.
I have been using Aqua products for a period of time before seeing the reviews of xtremerigs, such as OCTO, Farbwerk 360, Aquaero 6 XT, calitemp, and various temperature sensors. I am deeply impressed by the quality and functions of the products. The price of AMS is a bit expensive, but based on my confidence in this brand, I decided to ignore the comments of xtremerigs and use actual actions to verify the results. I am very happy that the results are satisfactory to me.
What I can suggest to you is that if you want a built-in radiator, you can choose a model with a water pump. If it is an external type, you can use the airplex standard model. 420mm may be a suitable model, with Ultitube D5 pro reservoir. 150mm or 200mm, one D5 is enough to drive the entire water cooling system, although I set two. In addition, LEAKSHIELD is a recommended device to protect your system from leakage. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (17. Oktober 2021, 18:15)

Remayz

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 15:59

if they used corsair fans, yea they will suck :P

Better watch the date of test. 2015 is an awfully long time ago. a lot of great rads came out after that, new fans models etc..
And as Jacob showed, always take those reviews with a grain of salt. I have used old EK rads that were very poorly rated, alphacool split flow, alphacool crossflow, and hardware labs crossflow. At best, betweeen the worst and the best rad, the temps may have varied by two degrees or so.

Fans have a much bigger impact. going from corsair to EK fans alone made my water temp drop by 4° on the same rads at the same speed.

Montag, 25. Oktober 2021, 21:56

Hello
I believe we read the same review from xtremerigs in 2015. In September of this year, I built my external radiator-airplex modularity system. Before that, I was very doubtful about the performance of this set of radiators. The reason is the same as you. From this review. At the end of this review, it is mentioned that this is a set of high-limit radiators. I searched various forums, fan groups and owner discussion areas for the meaning of the so-called high-limit radiators, and finally found a related narrative, roughly the meaning It means that the fan performance (air volume and pressure) of the airplex radiator is very important. If the fan performance is below the threshold, it is difficult to exert the effect of the radiator. I don't know which fan Xtremerigs uses for testing, but in my nearly two years of experience, I have never seen the CPU and GPU in such a low temperature, whether it is in standby or high load environments.
The radiator and CPU block that used to be EKWB are now replaced by Aqua models, and the heat dissipation efficiency has been greatly improved.

Idle,
Cpu: ~31c
Gpu: ~28c
On load,
Cpu: ~48c
Gpu: ~40c

Before:
Idle,
Cpu: ~64c
Gpu: ~35c
On load,
Cpu: ~72c
Gpu: ~48c
By the way~ the model of the fan I use is Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM, Heavy Duty Cooling Fan, 4-Pin, 3000 RPM (140mm, Black),You can use Aqausuite to control those fans at a very quiet level.
I have been using Aqua products for a period of time before seeing the reviews of xtremerigs, such as OCTO, Farbwerk 360, Aquaero 6 XT, calitemp, and various temperature sensors. I am deeply impressed by the quality and functions of the products. The price of AMS is a bit expensive, but based on my confidence in this brand, I decided to ignore the comments of xtremerigs and use actual actions to verify the results. I am very happy that the results are satisfactory to me.
What I can suggest to you is that if you want a built-in radiator, you can choose a model with a water pump. If it is an external type, you can use the airplex standard model. 420mm may be a suitable model, with Ultitube D5 pro reservoir. 150mm or 200mm, one D5 is enough to drive the entire water cooling system, although I set two. In addition, LEAKSHIELD is a recommended device to protect your system from leakage. :)
Thank you Jacob, this exactly the information i was looking for and also as a bonus that is a great system you have there, looks good. :thumbsup: you are right that was one of the reviews i was looking at and given the specs of Aqua Computers radiators i was a bit surprised by their results and so i wanted a users view on cooling performance and from your numbers they look good, really good. i appreciate you naming the fans that you are using and now given the information you and Remayz have given me, i can now install an Aqua Computer radiator(how i wish they produced a 560mm radiator), specifically those with a built in pump, with confidence in my system.

if they used corsair fans, yea they will suck :P

Better watch the date of test. 2015 is an awfully long time ago. a lot of great rads came out after that, new fans models etc..
And as Jacob showed, always take those reviews with a grain of salt. I have used old EK rads that were very poorly rated, alphacool split flow, alphacool crossflow, and hardware labs crossflow. At best, betweeen the worst and the best rad, the temps may have varied by two degrees or so.

Fans have a much bigger impact. going from corsair to EK fans alone made my water temp drop by 4° on the same rads at the same speed.
heheh, the only things i would buy from corsair would be their power supplies and maybe their ram. for cooling it is better to deal with companies whose meal ticket comes from making cooling products.

2015 is a while ago, but to my knowledge i do not believe that Aqua Computer has made any changes to the core of their radiators do correct me if i'm wrong. yes, i very much prefer reading user reviews on user forums such as these and reddit, that way i can balance what i'm reading on these forums with content from professional reviewers. given your temperature numbers between different radiators, unless a radiators design is spectacularly bad, the choice between them should not be that big of a deal.

that is some great information on fan choice, 4° between brands! as i said above i'll stick to the Noctua's and Aqua Computers of the world when looking for cooling parts.