• 16.04.2024, 15:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

lenient

Question on D5 Next integrated flow meter.

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 19:47

Hi! A question on D5 NEXT flow meter. Is this a more 'virtual' flow meter, and I would need a High Flow NEXT linked to the D5 NEXT to get a more precise reading?

Also, I've read a review on a Barrowch flow-meter ( FBFT03 ), which didn't come off very well.. Do anyone have any experience with it, and is it really as inaccurate as this review says? If so, I conclude it's High Flow NEXT next for me.

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 20:27

From the D5 NEXT product page:

Zitat

Coolant flow
By constantly monitoring motor parameters and coolant temperature, a sophisticated algorithm is used by the controller unit to calculated the current coolant flow rate. The accuracy does not match the accuracy of an external flow sensor, but is entirely sufficient for monitoring purposes. Alternatively, a mechanical flow sensor can be connected to the fan output for a more accurate flow measurement.

The flow rate from the D5 NEXT is an estimated value, and is best used to determine whether coolant is flowing or not.
As to the Barrowch flow sensor, regardless of accuracy, I would not get one as it will not readily integrate with the aquasuite.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (17. Oktober 2021, 20:30)

lenient

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 21:07

I see. I already bought a Barrow sensor, before I read the review unfortunately, but I suppose it will work as a flow/no-flow indicator at least, as the D5 flow-meter (like you mention). Too bad the Barrow looked so nice, too nice; it might have fooled me..
Thank you for the help (confirming my belief with regard to D5 Next / High Flow).
I've heard some people having issue with fragility of D5 Next, but I am leaning toward it anyway... I need more usability / remote control.
Do you think two D5 Next's with their size will fit in an Alphacool Eisdecke D5 dual brass top?
Thanks again

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 22:57

The Eisdeck D5 Brass Top product page claims compatibility with aquacomputer D5 PWM.

Zitat

Technical details
  • Compatibility: Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755, Alphacool VPP655, Watercool D5/PWM, Aqua Computer D5/PWM

The aquacomputer D5 PWM product page claims a pump diameter of 66mm

Zitat

Technical details:
Dimensions (Diameter x Height): 66 x 57 mm (without cables)

Which appears to be the same diameter as the aquacomputer D5 NEXT

Zitat

Technical details
Dimensions without attached cables, without decoupling: ca. 66 x 65 x 75 mm

Which leads me to believe two D5 NEXTs could be mounted next to each other on an Eisdeck D5 Brass Top.
Confirmation from Alphacool may be prudent.

lenient

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2021, 23:54

Thanks for your research on this. I've asked Alphacool, awaiting answer.. The pump diameter I suppose is a standard for D5, but I thought the D5 Next is a little wider on top due to electronics.. I know of a few circumstances where it won't fit. But the housings on Eisdecke seem to be sufficiently spaced. I will post the answer from AC.
If you have eg. a crypto-address I could tip you for your help please post or pm.
Thanks!
Morten

Montag, 18. Oktober 2021, 04:29

No tipping, just pay-forward and answer someone else's question when you have knowledge to share.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (18. Oktober 2021, 06:21)

RE: Question on D5 Next integrated flow meter.

Montag, 18. Oktober 2021, 09:20

lenient

Montag, 18. Oktober 2021, 10:32

No tipping, just pay-forward and answer someone else's question when you have knowledge to share.

Indeed!

Zitat

https://www.igorslab.de/en/barrowch-fbft…-water-cooling/

If you are free, you can read this review

About the flow meter

Yes, this is the one I linked to. Unfortunately not good for Barrowch. I will check myself how good it is, up against eg. High Flow Next..Wish the Barrowch with golden edges didn't match my incoming golden 16mm Bitspower brasstubes so well. ^,^ :/

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lenient« (18. Oktober 2021, 10:34)

lenient

Montag, 18. Oktober 2021, 23:37

Thanks for your research on this. I've asked Alphacool, awaiting answer.. The pump diameter I suppose is a standard for D5, but I thought the D5 Next is a little wider on top due to electronics.. I know of a few circumstances where it won't fit. But the housings on Eisdecke seem to be sufficiently spaced. I will post the answer from AC.

Alphacool forwarded me to Aquacomputer. Here's the answer from them:
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

they should fit.

But the Problem is we don´t know if the controller unit fits side by side.

The D5 NEXT controller unit is 66,2 mm wide, see the attached technical drawing.

kind regards
Benjamin Fiedler
-------------------------------------------
I will probably buy both D5 Next and Eisdecke Dual as I think the housings are sufficiently spaced.. I'll post my own findings regarding D5 Next / this top in the end.
»lenient« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • D5 NEXT dims.pdf (73,82 kB - 54 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 9. Dezember 2023, 22:18)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lenient« (18. Oktober 2021, 23:46)

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2021, 07:08

I am confused, Alphacool knows the dimensions of the D5 NEXT and yet can not say for sure if it fits?

As soon as you have the dimensions of the Eisdecke Dual, it is quite safe to say.

This does not reflect well on Alphacool.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

lenient

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2021, 11:42

I am confused, Alphacool knows the dimensions of the D5 NEXT and yet can not say for sure if it fits?

As soon as you have the dimensions of the Eisdecke Dual, it is quite safe to say.

This does not reflect well on Alphacool.

Sorry I guess I could have been clearer, but as said Alphacool forwarded me to Aquacomputer as they said they didn't know the dimensions of D5 Next. That quoted reply is from Aquacomputer.

Btw, another interesting question on the D5 Next. There's some reports that it has been fragile... Is this really as bad as told of, or has there been done any improvements on the build quality so far in any case, on later batches? Anybody have any insight on this?

Regards

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lenient« (19. Oktober 2021, 11:47)

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2021, 12:23

The only thing that is a bit fiddly are the Picoblade connectors, but since you can simply pull off the electronics and then have space to work, this is not a problem from my point of view.
The actual pump is a D5 and therefore the same as all other D5 pumps, except the VPP pumps from Alphacool.
I bought the D5 NEXT directly after the release and have no problems, although my computer has experienced some conversions.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2021, 14:45

If you connect the water pumps in parallel, the flow will increase and the lift will not,Increased pressure in the pipeline means an increased risk of leakage.
be careful with it :)

lenient

Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2021, 14:48

If you connect the water pumps in parallel, the flow will increase and the lift will not,Increased pressure in the pipeline means an increased risk of leakage.
be careful with it :)

Almost all these dual tops connects pumps in series as far as I can tell, including the Eisdecke, only increasing head-pressure and redundancy, which is what I need.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lenient« (19. Oktober 2021, 14:50)