• 16.04.2024, 11:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

x45 not working for me; not sharing virtual sensor between Aquaero's (now working fine)

Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2021, 06:42

I have a calitemp sensor connected to the AQ6 Pro with which I create a virtual [Delta t] sensor and have been also using that same virtual sensor with the AQ5 Pro.
x45 stopped the "sharing" of the virtual sensor and also prevented some software sensors taken from Aida64.
So I went back to x44.
Just saying because I haven't seen this reported by anyone.
It's all good I'll stay on x44 for now. BTW, Can't post in the "X" thread.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (26. Oktober 2021, 23:23)

Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2021, 18:57

Curious how you went back to X.44. I thought that once you update Aquasuite you can't go back to an earlier version, especially if the update included firmware updates, which X.45 did.

Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2021, 19:28

Sure. I just went to the download link up top and downloaded Aquasuite and installed it. Since x45 is a sort of preview I guess it's not considered stable yet.
All I got.
BTW, I don't think there were any Aquaero firmware updates? I don't have any of those other devices.

Montag, 25. Oktober 2021, 09:47

Aida and HWinfo received a SDK from us to update the interface to our devices. HWinfo already implemented this at the newest Beta.
This issue will be solved soon.

Sharing the virual sensor should work as before. But maybe you need to update the data source connection. To do this you need to select the data source again at the aquaero.
There have been changed many things in the backend of the aquasuite so there might be some issues.

Montag, 25. Oktober 2021, 11:09

Thanks, Stephan.
I have confidence it will all get sorted out.

agreed x.45 had a firmware update

Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2021, 21:27

Curious how you went back to X.44. I thought that once you update Aquasuite you can't go back to an earlier version, especially if the update included firmware updates, which X.45 did.
I too had the same issue trying to revert to x.44 version and aquasuite kept telling me i couldnt reinstall version x.44 as the firmware on my OCTO didnt support it being the firmware that got installed along with version x.45,yes you are correct you cant go back to an older version if you have updated the firmware,would like to know how it was done it would be interesting surely its not as simple as a download and install as i tried that it didnt work either,this would be very helpful indeed to find out the steps required as x.45 seems a bit unstable at the moment,lesson learned dont use the insider versions on your main pc.It also seems to cause cpu throttling as well this has only happened since updating to x.45 so its definitely related somehow.Hopefully the aquasuite team can resolve this as their hardware really is second to none also their software as well.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2021, 23:21

Well, there were no firmware updates for my AQ6 & AQ5 as far as I know. Plus I don't own any of those other devices
So it really was as simple as downloading Aquasuite and installing it. Remember, x45 is a preview/insider version.

I have actually reinstalled x45 and right now it's doing just fine.

Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021, 00:53

Yeah I think you can't go back if the update includes firmware updates to devices that you have. If no firmware is updated, you can go back to an earlier version. I suppose Aquacomputer could allow regression of firmware but I don't think they do. I don't know what would be required to allow that but it would be nice to have the option. I always get nervous when I update firmware - especially for my Octo, because I have read many posts from people who had an Octo firmware update fail. I don't bother to disconnect everything from it first and so far I have never had a problem. X.45 seems to be working fine for me but I have not fully figured everything out yet.

Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021, 04:34

I lost all of my motherboard temperature sensors when I updated to x45. I then lost all of my CPU temperature sensors, as well as my motherboard fan speeds with a Windows update.
Octo
Asus ROG Strix B-550-F Gaming Wifi
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021, 07:41

I wanted to add for clarity, that after initially installing the x45 update, then uninstalling it I upgraded in place to Windows 11. There were zero problems I have been able to identify from the Windows update, surprisingly enough.
Now I have reinstalled x45 and I'm not having any problems in Aquasuite that I can see so far. I use AIDA64 for sourcing some temperatures and it's all working good right now. I opened HWINFO64 and all looked ok, although I have all the Aquacomputer stuff removed and basically just use the cpu and RAM reporting.

I have yet to use the new playground functions, going to dig into that soon.

Totally unrelated but can't seem to update my forum avatar.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (27. Oktober 2021, 07:43)

Donnerstag, 4. November 2021, 16:26

So I just updated to x47 and HWInfo64 1.14. Still no motherboard or PCH temps in Aquasuite. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling x46 with no improvement. Still on Windows 10.
Anyone else have any other suggestions to try?

Donnerstag, 4. November 2021, 16:29

Have you activated the shared memory in HWinfo?

Donnerstag, 4. November 2021, 19:22

Is that required? When I first installed Aquasuite I didn't do any configuration of HWinfo. I had it, but had no idea they were connected or relied on each other.
HWinfo says that Shared Memory is only enabled for 12 hours unless I upgrade to Pro. So now I need to purchase Aquasuite and HWinfo64?

Donnerstag, 4. November 2021, 19:52

It also does not appear to make a difference. I've never enabled HWinfo's shared memory before, but it did not help this time. Unless there's some steps I need to take I don't know about?

Donnerstag, 4. November 2021, 21:01

If Shared Memory Support is not enabled in HWINFO, Aquasuite cannot import any data from it. AFAIK it has always been that way. The author of HWINFO added the 12-hour limitation on Shared Memory Support because people were using the program and the shared memory support feature in commercial applications without buying a license. This was his solution to that problem. You can read about that on the HWINFO forum HERE It pissed some people off for sure but the way he set it up is pretty reasonable. Personally, I have used HWINFO for many years (for free) and now that I am running Aquasuite and using data from HWINFO, I thought it was worth it.

Freitag, 5. November 2021, 22:00

So Aquasuite doesn't actually pull these data points itself? I was just lucky that I already had HWinfo installed for these to be working?
I'm still having issues with sensors not working, including (now) playground sensors. I guess I'll be trying to uninstall and reinstall Aquasuite and HWinfo.

Samstag, 6. November 2021, 01:15

So Aquasuite doesn't actually pull these data points itself? I was just lucky that I already had HWinfo installed for these to be working?
I'm still having issues with sensors not working, including (now) playground sensors. I guess I'll be trying to uninstall and reinstall Aquasuite and HWinfo.

Aquasuite (AQS) can directly poll CPU, GPU, RAM, Mobo, SSD's, Network, and Power Supplies. These can be individually enabled or disabled in the AQS Service tab. AQS can import data from HWINFO only if Shared Memory Support is enabled in HWINFO. It is disabled by default. If your AQS has been importing date from HWINO in the past, you must have enabled shared memory support. All versions starting with v7.0 will disable shared memory support after 12 hours unless you buy a Pro version license.

I have all of the AQS direct sensor polling disabled because HWINFO already reports everything that AQS can directly poll. Having AQS and HWINFO both polling the same sensors just slows things down and increases the chance of a polling collision. HWINFO reports more data than AQS but AQS's polling is fairly extensive. You may be fine just using AQS polling and don't worry about importing data from HWINFO. I think a lot of people do that.

Montag, 8. November 2021, 15:00

Ok, so I think the HWinfo was a red herring for me.
I have Aquasuite set up to monitor everything, but it still does not show the motherboard or chipset temperatures. Motherboard temps are missing, but fan info is still there. So now I'm relying on HWinfo, but I never needed that in the past, before x46 I think, or x45, whichever included the Octo firmware update requirement.

Mittwoch, 10. November 2021, 00:48

I have not used the AQS built in monitoring since I bought a HWINFO license. It would not surprise me if AQS does not report as much MOBO data as HWINFO. The author of HWINFO is constantly updating the program and adding support for new chipsets and motherboards. I don't think Aquacomputer does this (it is constantly changing and a LOT of work). I don't know how you had it set up in the past but the shared memory support from HWINFO has not changed recently(other than it now requiring a paid license to keep shared memory support active for more than 12 hours). Maybe the recent AQS updates removed some mobo monitoring that used to be there. Generally, I think you will find that HWINFO reports more mobo data than AQS.

Edit to add - I just enabled motherboard monitoring in AQS and it is reporting my mobo and chipset temps. I have an Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. What AQS will report will vary with the motherboard.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (10. November 2021, 01:34)