• 16.04.2024, 20:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasuite Service causes increased memory latency

Montag, 1. November 2021, 18:19

I have been working on overclocking my RAM to 3600MHz and running the AIDA64 Cache & Memory benchmark to test memory latency. Typical values are around 55ns but my mem latency has consistently been about 10ns higher. It was suggested to me on the Overclock.net forum to try booting into Safe mode and repeating the latency tests. I did so and the mem latency dropped down to ~55ns - right where it should be. So I booted back into normal mode and started shutting down apps in the system tray. I have a bunch of them but found that quitting them had no effect on mem latency except for Aquasuite. When I shut down Aquasuite and its service, the mem latency immediately dropped about 5ns. I have not figured out what is causing the other 5ns of increased latency but Aquasuite is causing mem latency to increase by ~5ns.

Is this is a known issue and to be expected? Is there anything I can do to minimize the effect Aquasuite is having on memory latency?

Dienstag, 2. November 2021, 11:15

Try to disable the hardware monitoring of the Aqua Computer Service. You can do this in the aquasuite settings for the service.

Anyway: Benchmarking memory latency is more witchcraft than science....

Dienstag, 2. November 2021, 23:03

Try to disable the hardware monitoring of the Aqua Computer Service. You can do this in the aquasuite settings for the service.

Thank you for the suggestion but I already have all AQS hardware monitoring disabled. Everything comes in from HWINFO.

Yes benchmarking memory latency is not an exact science. I am only running latency benchmarks to see what effect changing various RAM timings has. I am trying to get my G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR 2x16GB 3200CL14 B-Die kit stable at 3600MHz with minimal latencies. I found some other posts stating that running AQS and its service adds 3ns to 5ns of latency. I guess its just the way it is. I am not doing anything with audio or video, and have all AQS hardware monitoring disabled. I don't see what else I could do to minimize its effect on memory latency.

Montag, 6. Dezember 2021, 11:43

Thank you for the suggestion but I already have all AQS hardware monitoring disabled. Everything comes in from HWINFO.

Yes benchmarking memory latency is not an exact science. I am only running latency benchmarks to see what effect changing various RAM timings has. I am trying to get my G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR 2x16GB 3200CL14 B-Die kit stable at 3600MHz with minimal latencies. I found some other posts stating that running AQS and its service adds 3ns to 5ns of latency. I guess its just the way it is. I am not doing anything with audio or video, and have all AQS hardware monitoring disabled. I don't see what else I could do to minimize its effect on memory latency.
I as well recently discovered this working on my ram overclock. LOL... Was pulling my hair out trying to understand why my latency's were bouncing back n forth 4-5ns... Finally discovered that stopping aqua suite service fixes this and restores the latency every time. I also tried to disable just the hardware monitoring but it doesn't do anything. Seems its just the cost of running aqua suite service I guess?

Were you ever able to tweak it and make it better?

For now I've just set the aqua suite service to manual and don't let it auto start as I don't really need it running as I have a Aquaero 6 lt and its fully autonomous for my pump and fans and it sends the info to aida64 anyways that I can view on my aida 64 stats screen.

Montag, 6. Dezember 2021, 18:16

Unfortunately no. I was no able to find a way to decrease the amount of latency that AQS seems to add. I did get my RAM stable at 3600MHz but had to leave some timings looser than I would like. AIDA64 shows my memory latency sits around 65ns with AQS running.

Montag, 6. Dezember 2021, 23:12

Unfortunately no. I was no able to find a way to decrease the amount of latency that AQS seems to add. I did get my RAM stable at 3600MHz but had to leave some timings looser than I would like. AIDA64 shows my memory latency sits around 65ns with AQS running.
I see. Thanks for reporting back.... You running Ryzen? Cause that would be too high for intel on that kit I would imagine.

Montag, 6. Dezember 2021, 23:28

I see. Thanks for reporting back.... You running Ryzen? Cause that would be too high for intel on that kit I would imagine.
Yeah a 5950X and 2 x G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR running at 3600CL14.

Freitag, 15. April 2022, 15:46

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm glad that I found this.... as others have mentioned I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why my memory latency has shot up 5-10ns ever since installing the the Aquacomputer gear in my watercooled PC... like others, I started closing programs one by one and sure enough, I pinpointed the problem to be AQS.

Knowing that is a pretty big hit, especially on a gaming PC, I'm curious... do I even need this service running? I have an Octo, 2 farbwerks, 2 Hubbys, Highflow Next, and D5 Next - and everything is hardware controlled through an Aquaero 6 pro... since its all programed and hardware controlled based on water temps through the aquaero, can I just disable the service in windows task scheduler completely? Or is there something I'm missing here and would need to keep running it

I appreciate any advice.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MickJones85« (15. April 2022, 15:49)

Samstag, 16. April 2022, 20:14

I think it depends on 3 things.
1 - What Aquacomputer hardware you have - do they have micro-controllers and a functional Aquabus port?
2 - Aquabus configuration - can you physically connect all of the slave devices to the Aquaero?
3 - Are you are using any data that can only traverse a USB connection (RGBpx for starters)?

I don't have an Aquaero, but my understanding is that it contains it's own micro-controller and can run autonomously without AQS or it's service. Devices like the Octo, D5 Next, Highflow Next, and Farbwerks also have an on board micro-controller so they can perform functions based on sensor data coming directly into the device (temp, flow). I think they can also react to sensor data coming in from other devices that are connected via Aquabus.

If your other devices are all connected to the Aquaero 6 pro via Aquabus, and nothing you are doing in AQS requires data over USB, then I think everything can run without AQS or it's service running. You will lose RGBpx capability on the Aquaero, and you will not be able to do things like control LEDs based on audio or video, some alarm functions, Windows notifications, etc. Also, not sure if you have 2 Farbwerks or 2 Farbwerk360s. The Farbwerk (12VDC LEDs) has a functioning Aquabus port. The Farbwerk360 (5VDC LEDs) has an Aquabus port but the manual says, "Reserved for future use, no compatible products available as of April 2020". I don't know if they have since activated this port. If not, the Farbwerk360s can still run and react to the 4 temps sensors and the flow sensor that are on the device, but they could not react to anything outside of themselves. You may also need to get an Aquabus X4 #53258 to get all of the Aquabus ports wired up to the Aquaero (if they aren't already).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (16. April 2022, 20:16)