• 16.04.2024, 21:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

OCTO issue or...

Donnerstag, 11. November 2021, 16:21

I do not know if I have an OCTO issue or something else.
Using 3 PWM ports on an OCTO (#2=pump, #3=pump, #7=fans)
  • set PWM port 2 (pump 1) to Power preset @ 85% {port2_set.jpg}
  • set PWM port 3 (pump 2) to mimic PWM port 2 (pump 1) {port3_set.jpg}
  • set PWM port 7 to a curve controller {port7_set.jpg}
  • execute a cold start
  • after cold start PWM port 2 has no issue {port2_restart.jpg}
  • after cold start PWM port 3 sets itself to Power preset at 0% {port3_restart.jpg}
  • after cold start PWM port 7 sets minimum temperature to 1 (from 2), the curve looks similar {port7_restart.jpg}

Freitag, 12. November 2021, 07:14

mybe an problem with different profile configurations?

Freitag, 12. November 2021, 13:19

I have 3 local profiles on the OCTO, with the only difference being aRGB control.
  • normal: breathing color 1
  • low flow: blinking color 2
  • high Δt: blinking color 3
  • local profiles: {lp.jpg}
  • global profiles: {gp.jpg}
  • Initially I did have a Power preset on Pump 1, and 1° for the low temp on the fans
I believe I may have a problem with pump 1, it may be pulling too much current, which may have been the cause of the low voltage issue seen earlier.
I am still on an external power supply.
I am waiting on a new pump, but I may disconnect pump 1 from both power & control and see what happens with a single pump.
Pump 1 has been running, but it may have a high spike at start which results in low voltage to the OCTO
I do not know how low voltage effects the OCTO, but there may be an influence there.
As of this morning pump 2 is not operating.

Edit: I may have saved the Breathing profile with the initial Power preset and 1° low temp setting. I reloaded the updated settings to the profile and will see if that fixes that issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. November 2021, 13:28)

Samstag, 13. November 2021, 08:59

Why not swap the Pump headers 2,3 & 7 to say 4,5 & 6 , configure them as you have done now on 2.3 & 7 and see if the problem persists

FYI the max total load is 100W with each individual header being up to a max of 2o(or is it 25?) W

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (13. November 2021, 09:00)

Samstag, 13. November 2021, 14:10

System start today had PWM port 3 (pump 1) at Power preset, and PWM port 7 (fans) low temp at 1°.
But I may have still erred, and I reset all 3 profiles again.

It would be very useful if there were a template available that listed all the settings a profile is set to.
I assume the profile settings are stored in the device's saved profile, but it is a long string sans labeling. {octo_profile_2021-11-13_06-50-35.rar}

Is there a profile save for the Playground?
There are a lot of settings there.

Why not swap the Pump headers 2,3 & 7 to say 4,5 & 6 , configure them as you have done now on 2.3 & 7 and see if the problem persists
FYI the max total load is 100W with each individual header being up to a max of 2o(or is it 25?) W
Pump 1 was originally on PWM port 1, and I moved it to port 3 to check port failure.
The problem appears to be with the pump, it looks like it is drawing too much current.

PWM port 7 has a splitty 9 on it with 9 Noctua 'NF-A14 industrialPPC PPC-2000 IP67' fans on it. Max power draw/fan = 2.16w * 9 = 19.44W total
The pumps draw power from a separate source, not from the OCTO, so power should not be an issue here.

Samstag, 13. November 2021, 14:39

Pump 1 was originally on PWM port 1, and I moved it to port 3 to check port failure.
The problem appears to be with the pump, it looks like it is drawing too much current.

Ahhhh :)

Are both the pumps the same make/model or different then?

I'm lucky in that he Pump on my EKWB Quanum FLT has a seperate power supply so all the octo does is PWM control rather than having to supply the full pump demand

Samstag, 13. November 2021, 15:16

Ahhhh :)

Are both the pumps the same make/model or different then?

I'm lucky in that he Pump on my EKWB Quanum FLT has a seperate power supply so all the octo does is PWM control rather than having to supply the full pump demand

Both pumps are Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with PWM input and speed signal.
If a piece of gear has electrical or electronics involved, I use aquacomputer so as to minimize complications.
The aquacomputer D5 pumps, as most all D5 pumps I know of, have a separate 4-pin Molex connector for the 12 volt supply.

Regarding profiles:
In setting the OCTO's profiles I have to click on the profile I want to set.
This enables that profile as active.
Is there a setting that will make the Global Profile take over and control the profiles again, or do I have to always select the 'default' local device profile to start the Global Profile?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (13. November 2021, 15:17)