• 18.04.2024, 07:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Stark43

Aquasuite is not installing

Donnerstag, 18. November 2021, 19:02

I've bought 4 different Aquasuite devices and have licenses till Februart 2022.
But after i have reinstalled Windows from win 7 to another clean win 7 i can not install Auasuite software from official download link!
What the hell???

Connection to Aqua Computer server failed. Check your internet connection and firewall settings.

Donnerstag, 18. November 2021, 21:09

Windows 7 is outdated and does not support TLS 1.1/1.2 by default. You have to install and enable it manually.

Make sure that the update kb3140245 is installed on your system.

Afterwards use this easy fix tool which will add the required registry keys.

Since I am not sure if the easy fix tool covers all keys, you can also manually add these keys by copying the following to a text file, rename it to whatever.reg, open it and confirm to add the data to your registry.

Quellcode

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]
"DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]
"DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1\Client]
"DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client]
"DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000

Restart the PC and in theory it should work now.

Further general information about this topic can be found here.

Donnerstag, 18. November 2021, 21:16

The obvious question is "why are you still running W7?"

I mean I can understand why many people (inlcuding myself on my main machine) are not running W11 yet but W10 is mature enough by now surely ?

Are there any specific programs you use that will only run under W7 ?

Stark43

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 00:13

The obvious question is "why are you still running W7?"

I mean I can understand why many people (inlcuding myself on my main machine) are not running W11 yet but W10 is mature enough by now surely ?

Are there any specific programs you use that will only run under W7 ?
Short answer: because i i want to. Like more than 100 millions people around the world (regarding https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-7-…not-to-upgrade/)

Long answer: Becose windows 7 is more stable and work with dozens devices which win 10 do not support.
Thanks to AMD drivers for my 5700 XT is a peace of shit for win10. (And please do not tell me that it is very old gpu).
Thanks Creative one of the best soundcards Creative Elite pro hangs system in windows 10.
Maya in which i i work eats less than twice memmory during rendering in win7. (Yes maybe 32Gb is not enought)
My main pump Asetek has no drivers at all for win 10.
Aswell as raid controller.
Plus i hate how 10 looks like. And do not like to share with microsoft everything.
And i have no bugs with printer poolers in win7 unlike win10, after previos microsoft update.
It is cheaper for me to sell Farbwerk, aquastream, aqualis and mps than to move to win10.
And yes actually i i have win10 installed on one of disks. Aswell as windwos server 2012, and even win xp 64.
The only plus of win 10 is a ambilight effect in farbwerk, wich could be done using 5$ chinese arduino.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark43« (19. November 2021, 00:34)

Stark43

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 01:41

Make sure that the update kb3140245 is installed on your system.
It was installed on my system.

Idea about easy fix toolwas good. i've checked regex branches and verified that fix tool set all keys.
As a result error in logs which i had (Error 36887 Schangel 70) disapeard.

Unfortunately it did not help. I can not install Aquasuite with the same message (but without any errors in logs)
I read that TLS could be blocked by CCleaner or Eset antivirus, thus both of them were temporary removed completely.

Also system files checked, everyhting is good. (would be suprising to find broken on a a new system).

No progress.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark43« (19. November 2021, 11:21)

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 12:32

Unfortunately it did not help.

We just tested that here with a fresh Windows 7 installation and it works. At first we also got no connection like you and after installing all Windows updates and applying the Fix and registry entry it was working.

It could be still possible that you have some other kind of network issue.

I assume you use Windows 7 SP2 with all available updates (also the optional ones)?

Stark43

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 22:28

assume you use Windows 7 SP2
No, i had only SP1. SP2 installed after your post.
It did no change picture. I have no TLS errors.

After coping Aquatuning folder from win10 i managed to launch exe. But my windows has no service. And still can not connect to Aquacomputer server.

Steam is working, batle net is working. VPn is working. All updates installed. .Net framework 4.5 and 4.8
Everything is working except this wonderfull software.

Can i somehow check to which ip / dns name it tryes to connect?

Which TLS itr requires?
Looks like leakshield i do not need anymore.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark43« (19. November 2021, 22:30)

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 22:50

The server has the IP 46.4.72.36. The connection requires at least TLS version 1.2.

I am not sure about your name server question because that depends on your local network settings. You could maybe try a different public name server (Google, Cloudflare, OpenDNS, Quad9 etc.).

After starting the setup you could run the command "netstat -ano | findstr 46.4.72.36" in the console to check if any open connection exists.

You mentioned a VPN: is your entire traffic running through this? If so, are you sure that this connection supports TLS 1.2 too?

Stark43

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 23:43

You mentioned a VPN: is your entire traffic running through this?
No. I use it only for work during working hours. I've tried with and without it. And yes, cisco connection to my work requires tls1.2

After launching installer i see connection to : backend2.aquacomputer.de.

Which i can ping. And name is resolving.

Stark43

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 23:57

"netstat -ano | findstr 46.4.72.36"

Stark43

Samstag, 20. November 2021, 00:31

Update:
Spending 2 hours of my life i've msnaged to restore my old win7 with working version. Aquasuite is working.

But i can not reinstall it. The same message!

+ I found in google aquasute old instaler 2.4 (on web site version 2.6)
And it is working. I can reinstall software, but it can not update itself. Error during installing last version.
Very interesting..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark43« (20. November 2021, 00:48)

Samstag, 20. November 2021, 01:39

Please check the Windows event viewer if there are any error reports from the aquasuite setup or the old aquasuite when you try to update it.

Stark43

Samstag, 20. November 2021, 12:19

No errors from aquasuite. But i have error 36887 chanel 70. ))

The only way to use latest version, restore old win7 from iso.

Ok now i have 2 win7 on diferent hdds.

Old. SP1. Aquasuite is working. Latest version x46. 3 devices connected. Update Service till 04.2023. (hmm was sure that i had x47)
Can not reinstall. Full log of 36887 errors. So, software can work with these errors? But could not be installed?
Update service not working at all. After pressing Check for updates - nothing happens. Last update check remains ---

New error schanel 36887 created in logs.
Update: easy fix tool applied on old windows. Now after checking for updates i see X47 insider version. But there is no button to update.
new error Schanel 70 creted after each attempt. All reg keys mentined in Microsoft doc exists.

New win 7. Fresh clean. SP2.

No errors at all. Can not install at all.for some reason, in time, all the problems began after adding a new purchased key 'Advanced controller package'.Of course it’s just a coincidence, but maybe..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark43« (20. November 2021, 13:48)

Samstag, 20. November 2021, 17:51

Please navigate to the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL and change the key EventLogging from 1 to 7. This should allow a complete logging of all schannel events. Your system seems not to be able to make a proper handshake with our server for whatever reason. Code 70 according to Microsoft means "The protocol version the client attempted to negotiate is recognized, but not supported. For example, old protocol versions might be avoided for security reasons. This message is always fatal." And that is also the reason why our server cuts the connection.

And since you are already there, could you please export the whole SCHANNEL key and share it.

Restart the system afterwards and play a bit around to check if the event viewer provides more information now.

- - - - -

One thing that just came into my mind. Make sure that you have the latest update of the .NET framework on your system since the aquasuite and its setup are .NET applications.

- - - - -

When you open the PowerShell and enter the command "[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol" - what is the result?

- - - - -

And my last idea for today. Copy the following lines to create a .reg file and apply it to your system (restart afterwards)

Quellcode

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319]
"SystemDefaultTlsVersions" = dword:00000001
"SchUseStrongCrypto" = dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319]
"SystemDefaultTlsVersions" = dword:00000001
"SchUseStrongCrypto" = dword:00000001

This will allow TLS 1.2 for .NET 4.5 and higher. This should also affect the result of the PowerShell command above.