• 19.04.2024, 20:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

farbwerk 360 hardware error?

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 16:21

I have three farbwerk 360s and a bunch of Splitty4s I was going to use for a build with Corsair QL120 fans. The fans have 34 LEDs apiece, so I was planning each channel of farbwerk 360 -> Splitty4, then fans on ports 1 & 2 of the Splitty4. Plugging it in, one fan works as expected, as soon as I plug in a 2nd one, both fan's LEDs go out and I have to unplug everything/reboot to get anything to work again. I've tried multiple farbwerk 360s/Splitty4s and it's the same on all of them. Is there something I'm missing here?

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 16:42

Do you get any error warnings or notifications in the Aquasuite Software?

If the LEDs go out, and you have to power cycle to fix this, it may be the overcurrent protection triggering in the Farbwerk360.
This should give you a notification in the Aquasuite Software.

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 17:25

Do you get any error warnings or notifications in the Aquasuite Software?

If the LEDs go out, and you have to power cycle to fix this, it may be the overcurrent protection triggering in the Farbwerk360.
This should give you a notification in the Aquasuite Software.
I haven't even gotten into Aquasuite yet. I was powering the farbwerk 360 from a jumpered power supply. The farbwerk 360s have been set in Aquasuite already to have all 90 LEDs enabled on all channels. There was a red light on the farbwerk 360, but after plugging the 2nd fan in, the light blinked and then went out. Is this an overcurrent warning?

Remayz

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 17:58

If you plug while the power is on, it may be overcurrent yes.
Even already plugged, it may be too much depending on how bright the setting is.
My PC has all the fans connected to one channel (81 LEDs), and i can shut down the channel when setting it to white and half way in the brightness. Aquasuite diusplays a warning when it's connected telling you the channel was shut down to protect from excessive current draw.
That's what may be happening but you don't see it since they are not plugged to USB.

Maybe connect them and set a dimmer profile for your tests?
And preferably plug the fans with the power off :)

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 19:20

If you plug while the power is on, it may be overcurrent yes.
Even already plugged, it may be too much depending on how bright the setting is.
My PC has all the fans connected to one channel (81 LEDs), and i can shut down the channel when setting it to white and half way in the brightness. Aquasuite diusplays a warning when it's connected telling you the channel was shut down to protect from excessive current draw.
That's what may be happening but you don't see it since they are not plugged to USB.

Maybe connect them and set a dimmer profile for your tests?
And preferably plug the fans with the power off :)
OK, thanks, I'll try that. I guess if these can't handle 2 fans/channel I might have to use the Corsair hub things it came with. I'll do some testing.

Remayz

Freitag, 19. November 2021, 20:49

really depends what setting you use. i overloaded them on fixed white lighting which is the absolute worst when it comes to power draw, but any other setting or effect, even on full brightness is fine :)

oh and btw, this came out recently :
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…102&language=en

I may grab one for that one channel, just to get some white lights for Xmas :P whenever it's back in stock ^^'

Samstag, 20. November 2021, 11:53

I have 89 leds per channel wtith 8 fans with 8 leds each, and if I make a controller on say output 1 for nine leds with colcor shift (so every fan gets like a spectrum/rainbow) it mine maxes out at 35%