• 16.04.2024, 12:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Using a Quadro/Octo for external cooling of laptop

Sonntag, 21. November 2021, 22:33

I am setting up external cooling for my laptop as it runs hot during summer and gaming. Planning to install a couple of 80mm fans below (towards the intake) and one on the side to support the outflow. Currently I have a 12V/60W adapter which supports the PWM-fans.

Found the Octo/Quadro and it seems a good solution to manage the fans, but I see its power source is a Molex-connector. Does the board require the 5V from
the molex, or does it just use the 12V? (and take the 5V from the USB as well). I plan to use a external->internal USB-connector for connectivity (and power). I couldn't find this in the manual or on the forum.

Also, will the 60W be enough for this solution. I read the board can adjust for 100W, but my fans together only require 1A in total.

Montag, 22. November 2021, 07:18

The quadro and octo require 5V and 12V.

Montag, 22. November 2021, 11:10

You could use one of THESE. If you are in the USA it will require a power cord like THIS.

Dienstag, 23. November 2021, 12:44

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions.