• 16.04.2024, 17:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time! 6 LT, 8 fan channels, EK parts, All the bad ideas.

Samstag, 27. November 2021, 14:22

Hey friends!

I am a big fan of reading the manual, which Aquacomputer does a great job printing. I'm also a big fan (I feel like there's a pun intended there) of the search feature. But it seems like my situation is a little too specific to address it all and honestly I'm really bummed out my 2 years of German classes didn't allow me to read the site better. I digress...

I am currently just trying to have 8 different fan channels due to some of them not matching up, or having specific uses. Thats 2 rads with push/pulls, (so 4 channels there), an exhaust (5), two in the basement(6), two external (7), an EK D5 pump out of my distro plate (8), and IF possible I have a 2nd pump which I would like to use, but don't have to which would make 9. I have plenty of temperature sensors, an EK flow meter which I re-pinned and got Aquasuite to recognize (although I question the accuracy), and I got a Thermaltake P2 which I don't think can be properly re-pinned for use with this, but I'd be excited if it could. I'm using Corsair for all might RGB lighting for simplicity. I would be open to using Aquasuite for that going forward if only it could work with my Corsair peripherals. For now, I'm just trying to navigate setting this up properly!

I realize I definitely would have had an easier time with an Octo, but those seem to be sold out and I ended up with a 6 LT. I also have two Splitty 9's, which I understand are just 9 channel fan splitters but can also split Aquabus devices. I think those will come in handy right now. Then I have two Splitty 4's. I suspect I will need to order some more things, which is just fine. I want to do this right.

1. There is a screen output on the back of the 6LT. What kind of screen or cable to connect it to a Raspberry Pi screen do I need? I can't seem to find the name of that or just a screen from a 6XT that would pop right on. Any ideas? This is probably the least of my worries.

2. It didn't look like Aquasuite was going to consider my EK D5 pump anything but another fan. Is this going to bug me or can I work around this? I thought about swapping out the EK D5 from the distro plate with an Aquacomputer one so it would recognize it as a pump properly. Is that even worth doing? Is there some sort of mod I could do instead to the pump?

3. The 2nd pump I want to use but don't have to use is an EK VTX that is DDC mount compatible. Making this work requires precise adjustment of the 2nd pump and not having gotten far enough with the hardware to setup Aquasuite properly, I again am not sure if some sort of mod or replacement would make this all work better.

4. I count 4 fan channels on the 6LT, and one Aquabus connector. I assume connecting the splitty 9 to the aquabus connector frees up the additional aquabus devices. Now, using the two splitty 4's how do I make my 8 (or 9) fan channels work given the 6LT claims to support up to 12?

5. Is it worth adding another Aquacomputer flow meter or have any of you had any luck reconfiguring the Thermaltake or EK connectors to work?

6. Am I missing a resource out there that really lays out how this all goes together? The instructions for the 6LT are fantastic but they just do not explain making other devices work together. At least, not in a way that computes for me. This seems like it should be really straight forward because these are clearly the best products available for this. They just have a steep learning curve.

Thanks in advance! May your temps be low.

Remayz

Samstag, 27. November 2021, 15:12

Well you like to overcomplicate things ^^ hehe

-You don't need separate control over the two sides of a push pull, they should run at the same speed, so you can reduce your PWM channels by two, and all fits in an Octo. Now stock availability is another thing. Even for the Aquaero, you can reduce the PWM channels needed.

-Pumps are controlled by PWM just like fans, nothing special and it's normal. just rename the channel and you're good to go. All controllers work this way. The NEXT D5 too, except it has an embedded controller, but under the hood, it's still a PWM D5.

-Depending on the loop you're trying to make you only need one or two temp sensors, maybe 3 if you want a readout of ambient temp and have aquasuite show you the heat dissipated in watts. Nice to have, not needed :)

-Mixing pump types in a dual pump setup is bad. Preferably use two identical pumps. It's rare two pumps are actually needed in a single loop. With two rads and two blocks, a single D5 or DDC pump has plenty of headroom.

And for the RGB side of things, as long as you don't use a bunch of QL fans you should be good to go. These have so many LEDs you'd need a lot of Farbwerk controllers to adress them all.
The Splitty units accept Corsair RGB connectors, so it's easy to control them.

I can't say about your other questions regarding the Aquaero since i never used one.