• 16.04.2024, 13:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dual D5 NEXT Pumps in series: control method

Montag, 29. November 2021, 10:06

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could advise. I am building a system with dual D5 NEXT pumps on one loop. The pumps will be sequential (in series).

In terms of the connections diagram of the pumps, what's the best way to do this? Should I smply connect each pump to a USB header on the motherboard? Or do I need to send one signal to control both pumps? Obviously I want to keep the pumps in synchronisation. What's the best way to achieve this setup and control?

thanks, and much appreciated! :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »alexkyriak« (29. November 2021, 10:10)

Montag, 29. November 2021, 11:48

Yes, you can connect both pumps to one USB header on your motherboard.
Both 5 pin internal USB connectors from the pumps will fit on a single mobo 9 pin USB header.
Each pump will have it;s own tab in the aquasuite.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (29. November 2021, 11:50)

Montag, 29. November 2021, 12:11

Thank you infoSeeker. I haven't installed Aquasuite software as of yet, but is there an option to link the pump control, to maintain synchronisation? How is this achieved? Or would I simply set both profiles to be the same as one another? Couldn't see anything in the manual but will read again in case I missed it!

Cheers.

Montag, 29. November 2021, 14:17

With 'synchronize' I believe you mean pump RPM which may be accomplished in a couple of ways.
  1. set a 'Power preset' for both pumps, with the same value for both pumps (my preferred method)
  2. set an identical 'Curve controller' for both pumps, using the same input sensor for both pumps
  3. There appears to be a 'Flow' controller available, but not having a D5 NEXT, I know nothing of it
aquasuite screenshot of D5 NEXT Pump controller Tab

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (29. November 2021, 14:22)

Montag, 29. November 2021, 20:19

That’s excellent, thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me, much appreciated.

RE: Dual D5 NEXT Pumps in series: control method

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 19:08

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could advise. I am building a system with dual D5 NEXT pumps on one loop. The pumps will be sequential (in series).

In terms of the connections diagram of the pumps, what's the best way to do this? Should I smply connect each pump to a USB header on the motherboard? Or do I need to send one signal to control both pumps? Obviously I want to keep the pumps in synchronisation. What's the best way to achieve this setup and control?

If it is two D5 NEXT in series.
The speed of the PUMP at the tip is better than the second one.
Ensure that there is sufficient water supply. :)
https://flic.kr/p/2mNYxrL

RE: Dual D5 NEXT Pumps in series: control method

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 19:09

If it is two D5 NEXT in series.
The speed of the PUMP at the tip is better than the second one.
Ensure that there is sufficient water supply. :)
https://flic.kr/p/2mNYxrL

Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2021, 10:42

Quick question: after initial setup with USB, is it better to run the pumps via Aquabus? Or is running it from USB functionally no different? Thanks! :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »alexkyriak« (23. Dezember 2021, 13:49)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2021, 13:06

i have never tried aquabus but.. my understanding is, if the aquasuite service was to crash or be closed, you'll lose all USB control.
On Aquabus, your aquaero will keep running the loop without needing anything from the computer, besides power

Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2021, 13:52

Thanks Remayz, makes sense. Is there any reason not to plug in both USB and Aquabus then?

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »alexkyriak« (23. Dezember 2021, 13:54)

Freitag, 24. Dezember 2021, 05:26

You can plug both in it's not an issue, I keep USB plugged in because you need it every time they update Aquasuite.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Freitag, 24. Dezember 2021, 10:35

Ok thanks Bartdude. Will get this all set up and will report back as to how I get on.

Sonntag, 26. Dezember 2021, 17:23

One more question on this: can I run the two pumps on a y-splitter aquabus cable? Ie connect them to one aquabus header? If so, does it still recognise them as two pumps, or treat them as one? Thanks :)

Sonntag, 26. Dezember 2021, 18:08

You have to assign the bus addresses in the aquasuite under D5 NEXT-> System-> aquabus, two pumps are possible.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 27. Dezember 2021, 10:48

Thank you mate much appreciated :)

Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2021, 23:57

If I don’t run an aquabus cable, and run with USB only, in the event of some sort of Windows failure or BSOD, I assume the pump just ramps up to full speed or at least stays at the speed it’s at?